Gaming Kid Icarus: Uprising Three Sacred Treasures Trailer

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it me or Pit is fighting metroid larvae at 0:30 ?
He is...o_o
those little metroid larvaesque thingies were in the original Kid Icarus as well in the Sky levels.
That's correct, those things are called Komayto.
I believe the major reason for their inclusion is that Kid Icarus uses Metroid's engine.
I dont think NES games used any kinds of engine back then (maybe the same source but...) Most people say they were put there because they were sister games (released at the same time by the same guy.)

Engines were basically sources at the time, since they were that simple, in my opinion.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or Pit is fighting metroid larvae at 0:30 ?
He is...o_o
those little metroid larvaesque thingies were in the original Kid Icarus as well in the Sky levels.
That's correct, those things are called Komayto.
I believe the major reason for their inclusion is that Kid Icarus uses Metroid's engine.
I dont think NES games used any kinds of engine back then (maybe the same source but...) Most people say they were put there because they were sister games (released at the same time by the same guy.)
the same studio did metroid and kid icarus, so they reused the sprites they had from metroid in the kid icarus game...

nintendo even said they will put metroids as an easter egg for those times

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok why is pit fighting metroids?

and i have been waiting for a 3d kid icarus since n64 , and cant wait for this game, but i must admit that i am concerned that i may end up HATING the controls for it, i mean it uses the touch screen stylus, and so did mario64 ds which it was a total disaster for ,touch screen for a game lie this seems like a stupid gimmick and they use just for that reason and cause its there, and nintendo f-dup big time by not putting in a
2nd analog, there was more than enough room for it under a,b,x,y buttons, if they moved the power button, i hope uprising can use the 2nd analog adapter instead of the stylus and touch screen, even though it is big ugly and goofy looking and ill have to spend money on that retarded hunk of garbage when nintendo should have just included it in the 3ds design in the 1st place,
i hope the next hardware iteration of the 3ds will have 2 analogs, it will be alot better for this game and for any GC ports they may make like a wind waker port in 3d, which would be much better with original controls ,since the original control was perfect for that game

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Also, if you didn't heard, even with the CCP, you WILL have to use the Touch screen. There is no room on the current 3DS model because there's the Battery below the ABXY buttons.

And if you want a good comparison, play Metroid Prime Hunters, that will give you a good feel of the controls.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i have played hunters too, i dont like the touch for that either, its barely tolerable in phantom hourglass even, since sometimes when you are moving from left to right you hand is blocking where you are moving to if your a righty ,
the whole idea of touch screen for gameplay where your moving or there is any action id retarded , cumbersome and just plain annoying and detracts from the game play enjoyment
and if nintendo wanted im sure they could have found a way to re position the battery and make a 2nd analog fit , i think it is likely the 2nd iteration or the hardware will have it, i hope

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have barely no idea how you're playing, but my hand never gets in my way. Games like Hunters and Kid Icarus benefit a lot from those control schemes, it would only be more troublesome and slower to use a 2nd stick.

As far as the 2nd stick, maybe they could have pulled that, at the cost of anoter kind of battery, which might have cost a few dollars more.
There's enough pictures of dismantled 3DSes to show you that.

Reactions: 1 person

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you saying that you seriously think its more fun and comfortable to play mario 64 ds with a the touch screen and stylus than to play it with a n64 or GC controller?
the whole idea is retarded, it adds nothing, it just makes it it obnoxious to control
common sense ,you have to use your right hand and your thumb on your right hand to press the a,b,x,y buttons,and you need that same thumb to hold and control the stylus and you also then have to use your right hand to hold the stylus, and to support the right side of the system, having to go back and forth from using the buttons and the stylus and touch screem while holding the stylus and the system in your right hand, is the worst idea ever, its restaded, it makes fukall sense, its annoying as fuk and uncomfortable, ill take 2nd analog any day

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you saying that you seriously think its more fun and comfortable to play mario 64 ds with a the touch screen and stylus than to play it with a n64 or GC controller?
the whole idea is retarded, it adds nothing, it just makes it it obnoxious to control
common sense ,you have to use your right hand and your thumb on your right hand to press the a,b,x,y buttons,and you need that same thumb to hold and control the stylus and you also then have to use your right hand to hold the stylus, and to support the right side of the system, having to go back and forth from using the buttons and the stylus and touch screem while holding the stylus and the system in your right hand, is the worst idea ever, its restaded, it makes fukall sense, its annoying as fuk and uncomfortable, ill take 2nd analog any day

Being stupid are we?
Your only valid reason the touch screen is bad is because of ONE game where it was COMPLETLY OPTIONAL and WASNT EVEN MADE FOR THE 3DS. And many people on this forum (Im talkin guys who hate the DS also) will tell you its one of the most accurate ways of aimming in shooters.

Reactions: 2 people

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I have nothing to say to you.

Reactions: 7 people

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Actually, yes, it is !
Thumb strap wins.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Being stupid are we?
Your only valid reason the touch screen is bad is because of ONE game where it was COMPLETLY OPTIONAL and WASNT EVEN MADE FOR THE 3DS. And many people on this forum (Im talkin guys who hate the DS also) will tell you its one of the most accurate ways of aimming in shooters.

YAR! FUCK YER OPINION SON! I REPLACE IT WITH MINE! BAWR!

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

and i have been waiting for a 3d kid icarus since n64 , and cant wait for this game, but i must admit that i am concerned that i may end up HATING the controls for it, i mean it uses the touch screen stylus, and so did mario64 ds which it was a total disaster for ,touch screen for a game lie this seems like a stupid gimmick and they use just for that reason and cause its there, and nintendo f-dup big time by not putting in a
2nd analog, there was more than enough room for it under a,b,x,y buttons, if they moved the power button, i hope uprising can use the 2nd analog adapter instead of the stylus and touch screen, even though it is big ugly and goofy looking and ill have to spend money on that retarded hunk of garbage when nintendo should have just included it in the 3ds design in the 1st place,
i hope the next hardware iteration of the 3ds will have 2 analogs, it will be alot better for this game and for any GC ports they may make like a wind waker port in 3d, which would be much better with original controls ,since the original control was perfect for that game

You're supposed play Super Mario 64DS with the d-pad, not the touch screen and if you played it with the touch screen you would use your left thumb with the thumbstrap thing.

Also, there's no way in hell that you can fit a second analog slider inside the 3DS, have you opened one to see what it looks like inside? Do you know how much space one takes up?
The hardware and the battery makes it IMPOSSIBLE.
If a redesign were to come, it would have to be an XL model in order to fit another analog slider.
And why is it so important? I played Revelations with my right thumb on the touch screen, worked perfectly.

FPS's would most likely use a Metroid Prime Hunters control scheme, even if you have to turn the 3D off in this case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: