Gaming Kid Icarus HYPE thread

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
God, the Pyrron battle pissed me off. If Palutena got time to give stupid advice like " Jump over his attacks!" she could have said something about destroying the green orbs that look like a part of the background before attacking Pyrron.

I wonder if Palutena is based off of Pallas Athena?

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
God, the Pyrron battle pissed me off. If Palutena got time to give stupid advice like " Jump over his attacks!" she could have said something about destroying the green orbs that look like a part of the background before attacking Pyrron.

OMFG I agree so much! I was so pissed off! I was doing a perfect intensity level 4, but I died 3 times bringing me to 2.2. The only reason I figured out the "weak points" I had to shoot down was because I used a "target weak point" power and it started shooting them automatically.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France

OMFG I agree so much! I was so pissed off! I was doing a perfect intensity level 4, but I died 3 times bringing me to 2.2. The only reason I figured out the "weak points" I had to shoot down was because I used a "target weak point" power and it started shooting them automatically.

I ... actually noticed I could target those because of the Auto-targeting Miracle ...

As for Pallas Athena, I think so, yes. She does deserve it though, with all the help she gives you along the game.

And the war she starts ... Though we can agree she's mind-controlled.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
If you ever used the buttons to move and the slider to aim its pretty clear that dual sticks does not suit this game, I'm pretty sure that's why he didn't put it in.
Yeah, but I think it would still be nice to have the option. I personally wouldnt use it, simply because I dont own (or plan to get) a CPP. But it would still be nice.

At any rate, My thumb styli came in today, and it's SO much comfier, and just as accurate as the regular stylus... with the regular stylus, my hands would start to cramp up about 10 minutes into the game, meanwhile i just played for about 45 minutes with no cramping whatsoever. It makes me wonder why Nintendo didn't just include a thumb stylus instead of a stand... Much more practical imo, and probably a bit cheaper to produce too.

Oh did I influence your decision on getting one?
I remember that I said something about using a thumb stylus in another thread with you replying, "I must google that" or something along those lines.
Good to see that it actually works, I haven't tried it because my copy of the game hasn't arrived yet.

Also I don't get the fuzz about cramped hands and the supposed "advantage" of using a second analog.

It is not an advantage!

with the analog you can't swipe or aim properly or at least not with the same precision and speed as with the touch screen, plus analogs recenter them selfs which is something that's not wanted given the nature of the game.

Having big hands is actually an advantage, when I use this kind of control scheme I put two fingers (straight) on the back of the system and my pinkie at the bottom of the system basically putting the weight on those three fingers.

This method spreads the weight of the system as well as it keeps your fingers in a relaxed straight position, what's important to remember is that curving your hand and thumb is what gives you cramps.

Reactions: 3 people

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
@Eerpow lol yes, you did give me the idea to get a thumb stylus. Thanks for that. ;)

@[member='Zantigo'], perhaps you're right when you say the game isn't suited for dual analogs, but from that perspective, ANY dual-control shooter I arguably NOT suited for them. Also, they included the option for dual analogs using the face buttons to aim. So why include that, but not dual analogs with the cpp? Idk, I just think it's weird they didn't do it cuz it's inconsistent with their inclusion of face button aiming (which I'm sure we can agree is even LESS suitable than dual analog pads, lol)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Eerpow lol yes, you did give me the idea to get a thumb stylus. Thanks for that. ;)

@[member='Zantigo'], perhaps you're right when you say the game isn't suited for dual analogs, but from that perspective, ANY dual-control shooter I arguably NOT suited for them. Also, they included the option for dual analogs using the face buttons to aim. So why include that, but not dual analogs with the cpp? Idk, I just think it's weird they didn't do it cuz it's inconsistent with their inclusion of face button aiming (which I'm sure we can agree is even LESS suitable than dual analog pads, lol)
Well, some games are better suited for dual sticks for the simple fact that its much slower paced and requires more focus with each shot, if your barreling around with unlimited ammo and homing shots with legions of enemies shooting at you all at once your going to care a lot more about hitting the enemies while dodging then your gonna be about getting headshots or choosing targets.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This game is only single player correct? Also, is there replay value? I hate single player games that stink once the main story is cleared.
The game has a really badass multiplayer mode, and has tons of "achievements" and "trophies" to unlock, much like Super Smash Bros. and Kirby Air Ride. Also, there are literally hundreds of weapons to collect and fuse together to create new ones. Definitely amazing for both single and multiplayer!

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This game is only single player correct? Also, is there replay value? I hate single player games that stink once the main story is cleared.
The game has a really badass multiplayer mode, and has tons of "achievements" and "trophies" to unlock, much like Super Smash Bros. and Kirby Air Ride. Also, there are literally hundreds of weapons to collect and fuse together to create new ones. Definitely amazing for both single and multiplayer!
Cool. Is the multy local or just wifi and are there bots to play against as well. It sounds like this game may be worth getting. 3DS games thus far have let me down :(

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool. Is the multy local or just wifi and are there bots to play against as well. It sounds like this game may be worth getting. 3DS games thus far have let me down :(
There's both local and wifi. There are two game modes, light vs. dark and free for all. You can play against bots but you still need to connect to wifi :(.

This is probably the best game I've played on the 3ds so far.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic game, really would love to see Project Sora do something on the Wii U in fact I'd rather their next game wasn't Smash Bros because I would love to see them revitalise Star Fox or F-Zero...Nintendo could easily get another team to do a great Smash Bros game.

I have to add that I had no issues with the controls at all, never saw the need for a second stick BUT the thumb strap does make the game a whole lot easier to play. Why the fuck didn't Nintendo continue the thumbstrap?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

I agree with you, why they decided to not include a dual slider option is beyond me. Hopefully the rumors about this being a easily patchable game turns out to be true.

With my previous post I wanted to point out that dualCP's is by no means an advantage, many are overreacting and generalizing it like if it's a fact that everyone will experience problems with the controls.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
if your barreling around with unlimited ammo and homing shots with legions of enemies shooting at you all at once your going to care a lot more about hitting the enemies while dodging then your gonna be about getting headshots or choosing targets.
That actually does make a lot of sense.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to play "the first one"
Agreed, but it's nice to at least try to play through the first level of the original... that alone will help you get more of the self-referential jokes and the like. :P

Y'know I really hope somebody uploads the entire soundtrack somewhere, as I really do like the music in this game

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/03/15/grab-the-kid-icarus-uprising-soundtrack-at-club-nintendo-japan/

^Already released as an exclusive for Club Nintendo in Japan, and much higher quality than in the game, apparently. Hopefully this will see a European and USA release... either way, it's only a matter of time before someone uploads it to the net.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1