The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and the surprise after 10 will have you pounded with Lolz
Also this game is HARD. I mean I know it has a difficulty slider and all but on normal there's bottem barrel shit in every chest you pass but after 5 (where you start getting awesome stuff) I barely make it through the flying segments.
Dude, no matter what I do, I can't beat any chapter on intensity level 5... I always start with 5, and I usually die halfway through, then get downgraded to 4. My personal rule is that I start each chapter one intensity level beyond what I completed the previous one on (id est, if I complete chapter 5 on intensity level 4, I start chapter 6 on intensity level 5). Hopefully I get better. :P

In the meantime, this game is insane! Nintendo 3DS's new killer app (replacing OoT 3D) for sure!
Hey! You still owe me a online match mr. cant-beat-level-5-need-moar-dual-sticks :P

Reactions: 1 person

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it is pretty hard! I usually struggle beating stuff on 6, but I can pull through with some practice. Some I can do higher, like chapter 2 I did 7.0 which wasn't too hard. Chapter 1 is very beatable even on 9.0.

I think part of the reason I'm doing so well is that I got a Compact Arm valued at 280 on the 23/24th. I think I got it online... :unsure:

I don't really play shooters, but this seems a lot like one to me. At least when using some weapons. Also this could be just me, but it seems like I wouldn't like this game as much with the CPP. It plays very well with the stylus! Wouldn't it be harder to move the reticle around with the CPP?

esp2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is a lot of fun for me. As a lefty I am struggling a little to find my sweet spot with the controls. I would consider getting a circle pad pro if I could find one in the stores here. Every GS in town is out of them.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes the newer zelda games did retain more of the original elements of the old nes ones , overworld, underworld, items, exploration, etc,zelda games always translated great from nes to snes to n64 etc,
if they wanted to make a mediocre shooter they should have called it something else, i was expecting it to have some elements of the 1st game, it has none, the underworld levels are so boring and linear, there is no , map, and compass , or pencil and torch, no hospital to remove the eggplant curse, the game should have had underworld levels ,more like a zelda game ,not just arrows that point the way to go all the time,you can say its an old nes game but it was one of the few games that was ahead of its time, one of the few with a save feature ,like zelda and metroid, and simons quest,with save codes, and im not the only one disappointed with the horrible control ,nintendo has developed some really great control engines why use this POS? it makes no sense,if they had to think to include a stand that should have been their 1st clue that the control was going to be a problem, its common sense
reminds me of the virtual boy fiasco , a portable game you cant play as portable without a table, you think they would learn from their mistakes instead they always repeat them

i was expecting it to be more like windwaker control engine for ground,and a different control for flying ,it may not be the worst game but it is a major F up for ninty, the game was in development for so long ,and it was hyped to no end, and people had much higher expectations , for them to drop this bomb is a disgrace,

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that the NES original was WAY more linear than Uprising, right? I mean, come on, you DIE if you try to go back down to where you were in the NES original. You can only travel in one direction: How is that NOT linear?

And comparing it to the Virtual Boy is pretty ridiculous, considering how the Virtual Boy was a complete critical and commercial failure, whereas Uprising is making money and almost universally amazing reviews.

And can you explain WHAT mistakes Nintendo is repeating over and over? You're throwing around the "Nintendo F-ed up" argument (despite the fact that the vast majority of people besides you who played this game seem to seriously like it), but you're not explaining WHAT repeated mistakes Nintendo made here.

The Milkman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
This game is a lot of fun for me. As a lefty I am struggling a little to find my sweet spot with the controls. I would consider getting a circle pad pro if I could find one in the stores here. Every GS in town is out of them.

same

i can struggle through a level 7.0 but need a circle pad i think

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

same

i can struggle through a level 7.0 but need a circle pad i think
gamestop is out of them here too, i got mine at media world

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So either get a circle pad pro or a screen protector when i get this game I guess? XD
My understanding is that, for some reason, the circle pad pro only offers left-handed analog with touchscreen aiming... for some bizarre reason that I can't fathom, it doesn't offer dual analog controls for moving and aiming.

The Milkman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So either get a circle pad pro or a screen protector when i get this game I guess? XD
My understanding is that, for some reason, the circle pad pro only offers left-handed analog with touchscreen aiming... for some bizarre reason that I can't fathom, it doesn't offer dual analog controls for moving and aiming.
If you ever used the buttons to move and the slider to aim its pretty clear that dual sticks does not suit this game, I'm pretty sure that's why he didn't put it in.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you ever used the buttons to move and the slider to aim its pretty clear that dual sticks does not suit this game, I'm pretty sure that's why he didn't put it in.
Yeah, but I think it would still be nice to have the option. I personally wouldnt use it, simply because I dont own (or plan to get) a CPP. But it would still be nice.

At any rate, My thumb styli came in today, and it's SO much comfier, and just as accurate as the regular stylus... with the regular stylus, my hands would start to cramp up about 10 minutes into the game, meanwhile i just played for about 45 minutes with no cramping whatsoever. It makes me wonder why Nintendo didn't just include a thumb stylus instead of a stand... Much more practical imo, and probably a bit cheaper to produce too.

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The GBAtemp review of this game HYPED me to buy it, even though I was hesitant at first, but could someone tell me if I should buy the circle pad pro for this (Does it really effect gameplay a lot?)

EDIT: I didn't read the previous pages, so I don't know if this has been answered.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The GBAtemp review of this game HYPED me to buy it, even though I was hesitant at first, but could someone tell me if I should buy the circle pad pro for this (Does it really effect gameplay a lot?)

EDIT: I didn't read the previous pages, so I don't know if this has been answered.
Circle Pad Pro only offers "left handed play" with the CPP and the touch screen: It doesn't offer dual analog controls (see the last 3 posts), so there's really no point unless you're left handed. However, I do seriously recommend buying one of these, if the stylus is uncomfy for you: http://tinyurl.com/6akryhh

Mine just arrived in the mail today, and the immediate difference I felt in comfort was just phenomenal.

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

Circle Pad Pro only offers "left handed play" with the CPP and the touch screen: It doesn't offer dual analog controls (see the last 3 posts), so there's really no point unless you're left handed. However, I do seriously recommend buying one of these, if the stylus is uncomfy for you: http://tinyurl.com/6akryhh

Mine just arrived in the mail today, and the immediate difference I felt in comfort was just phenomenal.

I'm right-handed, so I'm going to follow your advice.

BTW can you please repost the link without using tinyurl (It's blocked in my country) because according to the previious posts, it's a thumb stylis, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all