Kickstarter: Frontiers

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know, I know. "Another one of these bastard projects looking to steal my money?" Well I'm here to say that this one just might not make you feel any different, but I'm going for it anyways! I'll just skip USN, since really, no Kickstarter is news in my eyes. It's just a potential game of interest that piqued my curiosity more so than anything else I've seen on there so far. If it was already posted and I missed it after my quick search, well, stuff happens. With that said, I present:

This is a project being undertaken by Lars Simkins from Seattle, Washington. If you watch the video displaying his kickstarter, his resume of video effects work is seemingly nothing to sneeze at, and even in an alpha stage, this project is looking like it could be interesting.

"But what is it, you bush beating bastard?" And with that I say: how do you feel about open world games? Feel like they're taking over? Well here's one that apparently focuses less on things attempting to mercilessly murder you every time you take six steps in the wrong direction, and instead shifts to exploration being what the game is really about. Even in the alpha stage, this game boasts a 60km radius of in-game world to explore, enemies to fight, and general goodness to enjoy.

Having gone for almost its entire backer period so far, this only has one week left and has reached a number of its stretch goals. Its aim is to release by January 2014, and it's even aiming to have Oculus Rift support, having reached the stretch goal. Interesting? I'd say so.

This will be on PC, Mac, and Linux, is looking to make it onto Steam, as well as GOG for those who want entirely DRM free goodness.

Check out the Kickstarter page (linked above and again at the bottom of the post) for more gameplay videos and explanations.

Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Better than something I could probably make if I set out tomorrow. Sure.

The animation had the air of the late N64 and maybe PS2 about it and a proper open world is bastard hard to do well so I am not sure how well this will work.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kickstarter page seems confusing

looks like an ok game but nothing too special
will wait till its out i think
The Kickstarter page is ridiculously full of stuff. It's a lot faster to just read the basics, watch the initial kickstarter video, and watch the videos on their youtube channel. It should give you a good enough idea of what to expect, and how things work to some degree.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
The Kickstarter page is ridiculously full of stuff. It's a lot faster to just read the basics, watch the initial kickstarter video, and watch the videos on their youtube channel. It should give you a good enough idea of what to expect, and how things work to some degree.

reminds me of "Wurm" lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: