Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7256055156_7f114af611.jpg

KickBeat, what's shown to be a "rhythm brawler" by Zen Studios, has been announced for the Playstation Vita.

A trailer (available at the link) shows a rhythm-based brawling game where players take on multiple enemies and chain their moves with the rhythm of the songs. There also won't be any visual cues or on-screen prompts to pull off beat-based beatings, instead you'll be free to chain your own attacks.

Most notable about KickBeat is its licensed music. While no songs were released, several artists were listed. Multi-instrumentalist Celldweller (also known for doing the Dead Rising 2 boss battle songs), similar mutli-instrumentalist Blue Stahli, drum and bass band Pendulum, metal singer Marilyn Manson, and many more were listed to be lending songs to the title.

No release date or whether this will be a physical or digital title was announced.

:arrow: Source
At first I was like "Eh". Then...

>Celldweller
>Blue Stahli
>Pendulum

jizz+in+my+pants+gif.gif

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get The Sugar Hill Gang's "Apache" in there and I will buy the Vita in a heartbeat.

Come on, do it. Make my day.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... but do you think the game will be fun?

I dunno, I'll wait until there's more info.

The trailer looked alright but I'd wait until it's more in-depth stuff. Seems like it'd be good for digital but I'm not sure I'd throw $40 on it as a retail release. Consider Zen Studios has done mostly digital releases, this does seem to lean towards a digital release.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get The Sugar Hill Gang's "Apache" in there and I will buy the Vita in a heartbeat.

You'll also be able to import your own music into the game and use the built-in analyser to create your own tracks.

do it yourself?

i knew this was going to be shown at E3, did not know what it was, but from what i have read, sounds awesome.

don't have a Vita though.

Edit: wait, he "fights" to "reclaim the music" is that right?
the fuck was even going on in that trailer.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll also be able to import your own music into the game and use the built-in analyser to create your own tracks.

do it yourself?

This is also making me hard. Very few music games actually allow you to use your own music and end up whoring you on DLC.

Kung Fu Fighting would be an appropriate song for this title as well.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

do it yourself?

Seriously? Awesome. It looks like I'm going to have to jump on it, then.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.