Gaming KHBBS With Hostcore (USBHOSTFS or NETHOSTFS)

Josh192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive assumed until now that usbhostfs or nethostfs works as pretty good memory stick emulation. I've been trying to run Kingdom Heart Birth By Sleep and have followed the tutorial properly but when I start usbhostfs or nethostfs and try to run the game they both restart to the PSP menu. Am I right in saying that it is just that usbhostfs and nethostfs cant run a game with that kind of protection or something?

Any ideas? I only want to know so I can be prepared for the US release

Josh192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
May have to look into a memory stick and then obviously the umd. But any other advice would be great if anyone has tried it.

Can anyone help?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using just a patched ISO or the KHBBS plugin and an ISO?

Josh192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive tried the khbbs patch enabled with an untouched iso, enabled with a supposed pre-patched iso and disabled with the pre-patched iso. I'm running 5.00 m33-6 but it just keeps taking me back to the menu.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i'd imagine that it definitely would not have worked with the plugin solution. However, if you've tried with a Prometheus patched ISO, i'd think that it's likely to be one of those games that just isn't compatible. Which tutorial were you following for the general set up anyway?

Josh192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did it
smile.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i suppose it would be useful for anyone else who should want to do this for you to explain the problem you discovered, and what you did to solve it.

Josh192

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up using the prometheus 6.20 tutorial thats out there and there was no problem. USBHOSTFS and NETHOSTFS are no problem, just patch any game the way that you should following a working tutorial and USBHOSTFS and NETHOSTFS will run them fine aslong as the game is patched correctly. It was me being stupid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.