Hacking Kernel 2.0 RC2 (6-29)

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
divx118 said:
Mbmax said:
Even in kernel 1.90OB11 ? Wow. your EZVi has probably an hardware failure.
Do you use clean NDS dump ?

Yes, I use clean NDS dump. Maybe it is a hardware failure. Tomorrow I will have a DS lite available to test on, if it will work on that then it is probably software related.
If it is a hardware failure why is it booting perfectly, browsing and every thing works fine?
Is there a way so that I can see what it is doing when I start a game. I saw in an other thread something about creating a DEBUG.BIN ?

Thanks,

Maurice
cool.gif
I was having issues aswell, on any kernal that was released to work with the "i" version.
try using a different microSD card, as that solved my problem.

My kingston 2gb doesnt seem to work on the EZ-Vi no matter what I do. the 2gb card is working without any lags on my Edge DS...

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
The only bug I'm having is it doenst play movies and I cant get moonshell to boot. I keep getting an error in the check at the start. It just stops at anywhere from 0% to 27%. I did a scandisk using a NDS disk check and its always a file in the ezshell dir. Doesnt matter which as I've moved some around and it's always errors on different files.

If anyone knows how to bypass the disk check in moonshell then I might be happy with it.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Cheats aren't working for me Mbmax, although I am using USRCHEAT.DAT and not the EZFLASH file, is that a problem? I am able to turn on cheats, but nothing happens when I launch a game.
I have some games where cheats doesn't work at all but not in all games.
Concerning the ezarcode.dat, it's not yet supported. Use usrcheat.dat instead.
Also, be sure to use clean roms if you wants to cheat in game. Offset adresses could change with a trimmed rom.
QUOTE(NakedFaerie @ Jul 2 2009, 07:48 AM) The only bug I'm having is it doenst play movies and I cant get moonshell to boot. I keep getting an error in the check at the start. It just stops at anywhere from 0% to 27%. I did a scandisk using a NDS disk check and its always a file in the ezshell dir. Doesnt matter which as I've moved some around and it's always errors on different files.

If anyone knows how to bypass the disk check in moonshell then I might be happy with it.
Check your microSD on your PC, you probably have some crosslink on it.
in a dos command, type : chkdsk x: /f
where x: is the letter of your microSD.

divx118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
divx118 said:
Mbmax said:
Even in kernel 1.90OB11 ? Wow. your EZVi has probably an hardware failure.
Do you use clean NDS dump ?

Yes, I use clean NDS dump. Maybe it is a hardware failure. Tomorrow I will have a DS lite available to test on, if it will work on that then it is probably software related.
If it is a hardware failure why is it booting perfectly, browsing and every thing works fine?
Is there a way so that I can see what it is doing when I start a game. I saw in an other thread something about creating a DEBUG.BIN ?

Thanks,

Maurice
cool.gif

It seems to be a harware issue like you said Mbmax. It also doesn't work on the DSlite so I am gonna send it back.

Maurice
cool.gif

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
DsGamer, try with a different microSD.
At that point, alot problems could occur with the EZ-Vi.. even so long after the release.
I hope they get it stable.

divx118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
divx118 said:
It seems to be a harware issue like you said Mbmax. It also doesn't work on the DSlite so I am gonna send it back.

Maurice
cool.gif

I wanted to sent it back, but then I have to send also the DSi back, which I bought together with the card. So I am not gonna do that. I have now Moonshell2 running on the ezflash with kernel 1.9 open beta 11. I keep wondering if it is really broken or it is just a software issue because moonshell runs. I am now gonna use it for some multimedia and ordered me an acekard 2i for the games. I will also try some other homebrew and see if those will work.

Maurice
cool.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure it's a hardware failure.
If i look at your tests :
divx118 said:
I am still having the issue of not being able to load comercial games even on the old 1.9 beta 11. I tried the firmware update, but I have the 705 version so it is not needed.
I have a US DSI with 1.3u and the EZflash Vi
I tried several brands sd cards formatted them with the panasonic tool.

I have the same EZVi hardware revision [705] than you and a DSi 1.3E. I'm able to run games under k1.90OB11 and every k2.0 since the very first released on every microSD i have (Kingston 1GB taïwan, 2GB Japan, 4GB Japan, 8GB Japan).
So, i can't think of another explanation about your problem ...

Just in case, have you done a full format under panasonic formatter (option > full erase ON, auto adjust ON) ?

Which brands have you tested (tell me the size/class/made in) ?

triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't the 2.0 kernel recognize GBA roms? In ez5kernel 1.90beta11 I can launch GBA roms natively and they work great. Is this feature coming back? GBAExpLoader doesn't seem to work in the 2.0 kernel either....

Is anyone successfully loading GBA roms with this?

divx118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mbmax said:
I'm pretty sure it's a hardware failure.
If i look at your tests :
divx118 said:
I am still having the issue of not being able to load comercial games even on the old 1.9 beta 11. I tried the firmware update, but I have the 705 version so it is not needed.
I have a US DSI with 1.3u and the EZflash Vi
I tried several brands sd cards formatted them with the panasonic tool.

I have the same EZVi hardware revision [705] than you and a DSi 1.3E. I'm able to run games under k1.90OB11 and every k2.0 since the very first released on every microSD i have (Kingston 1GB taïwan, 2GB Japan, 4GB Japan, 8GB Japan).
So, i can't think of another explanation about your problem ...

Just in case, have you done a full format under panasonic formatter (option > full erase ON, auto adjust ON) ?

Which brands have you tested (tell me the size/class/made in) ?

I did indeed the full format with the panasonic formatter. It could be that it is an sd-card issue. I have tested 2,4,8 Gb Sandisk sd cards and a 2 Gb kingston. I will see if I can get a hold of a different brand.
Homebrew that I have tested with the 1.9 open beta 11 and worked with no problem is:

Colors! v1.06h
moonshell 2.02 stable
uapaint 1.21
NitroTracker v0.4

All with no problems at all. I also will try this with the 2.0 RC3, moonshell didn't run on it, but the rest I still have to test.
I just received my acekard 2i and tested my clean commercial roms they run with no problems. So the problem is not the DSi or my roms.
It is like you said a hardware failure or maybe the SD cards.

Thanks for your interest,

Maurice
cool.gif

dh4m13l

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Mbmax said:
No need. the cheat engine is the same.
Next step.
wink.gif

But bug reports are welcome.

Hi! I don't know if this is a bug report exactly... it's just a means of expressing my frustration because a certain game does not work... and I'm actually hoping you can help me out.
I load Sudokuro just fine, but the game freezes when I select New Game. I have two different versions of that ROM file. I updated kernel and shell and whatever you said and it did it well, everything loads faster and all that, but... is there any way of making this game work? Have you tried it by any chance?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Regards.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
triften said:
Why doesn't the 2.0 kernel recognize GBA roms? In ez5kernel 1.90beta11 I can launch GBA roms natively and they work great. Is this feature coming back? GBAExpLoader doesn't seem to work in the 2.0 kernel either....

Is anyone successfully loading GBA roms with this?
Well no shit, it's for the Vi and the DSi exclusively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.