Kernal Exploit Black Screen with no words and white lines

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by the3dsguy, Oct 4, 2015.

1. the3dsguy
    OP

the3dsguy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    after spoofing my firmware, the kernal now always boots into a black screen with some white lines. did i mess something up for good?

2. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    Go into settings inside internet browser, clear save data, start over. sometimes helps

3. the3dsguy
    OP

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    if you accidentally update to a non exploitable firmware, would it even freeze? im worried that when i spoofed my firmware something messed up. it was working earlier. i did a hard reset and nothing works.

its not like a normal freeze, its a freeze black screen with like a few dotted lines.

Last edited by the3dsguy, Oct 4, 2015
  4. TheSockNaster

TheSockNaster Kawaii

Banned
    Feb 7, 2015
    United States
    If you can still turn on your Wii U and it has a web browser issue can't you just format the Wii U or the web browser data? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

5. the3dsguy
    OP

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    found out the problem! your wii u must be linked to id

srbeen likes this.
  6. MrRean

MrRean WiiU Helper / Hacker

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    Nice to see this solved.

If you want to know, those white lines and a corrupted screen are called crash 3. It's what we called it when no code goes through at all, and just corrupts the screen. ;)

the3dsguy likes this.
  7. poiu17

poiu17 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2013
    Brazil
    I'm sorry. I'm having the same problem, but didn't understand the solution.

You mean my Wii U needs to be linked to a User Account (Mii)? :unsure: (Mine already is, btw)

paulloeduardo likes this.
  8. the3dsguy
    OP

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    link your nintendo ID to your mii account. if you dont have one create one. so you need to connect it to online for a little bit. make sure you block nintendos servers.

9. Bobbydigital420

Bobbydigital420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2015
    Canada
    How were you able to link the account? I have the nintendo servers blocked and when I try to link it says theres an update which it cant download and then exits back to the main menu.