Hacking KaKaRoTo Already At Work On PS3 Fw 3.56

XXLANCEXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
PS3 Hacker KaKaRoTo has already begun his work on Sony’s latest attempt at trying to lock up its Playstation 3. He has begun publishing key’s from the 3.56 update already. So far he has published lv1, lv2 and isoldr keys are now available at his github. He has also updated puppack/pupunpack to unpack and pack 3.56 correctly.

Source: http://www.console-spot.com/2011/01/26/kak...1/#comment-4732

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Awesome! I knew it wouldn't take long cos they said for a permanent fix Sony would have to change the hardware. Take that Sony!
nayps3.gif

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I think 3.56 was put out just to inconvenience PSN users. Isn't that the purpose of most their updates? God forbid you also need to install and update your brand new game, only to experience 30 second load times *cough*Gran Turismo*coughcough* I miss the SNES

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 500GB harddrive to play all the games I downloaded. Not being able to go online while I enjoy all of them will be an extremely minor inconvinience.

By the time I get through all these game's single player, a better firmware will be out.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is both misleading, and wrong. He successfully decrypted the latest firmware and released the latest keys (not the new private key, private keys aren't stored on the system)... but he has no current interest in working on a custom firmware for a newer version.

QUOTE said:
KaKaRoToKS FYI: I am NOT working on 3.56.. maybe in the future, but for now, I concentrate on 3.55, you either choose PSN (3.56) or homebrew (3.55 MFW)

Taken directly from his twitter.

(edit) For those not in the know, there won't be another easy install custom firmware... If you updated to 3.56 you screwed yourself until either A: An exploit is found (the old method was NOT an exploit, it was Sony's private key) or B: a modchip comes out (which several companies are already working on it since all old consoles are now open to having their NANDs flashed via hardware)

Why is this? Because the private key team failoverflow released is now old news. Sony has made a new private key and now all future games will use this new private key. The new common key necessary to decrypt the firmwares and games are out... Pulled from firmware 3.56 with ease... So new PSN and PS3 games can still be decrypted and played on older and custom firmwares without issue. If you're wondering how old games that used the old key can still play on the PS3, well sony has this wonderful little whitelist that basically says "These are the only software that can run with the old key!". The games are listed with SHA hash to confirm they are indeed the real deal.

Sorry if any of this came out a bit rambly... It's almost 7am and I haven't had any sleep yet

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And everyone was saying how it was impossible for Sony to patch >_> . No worries for me since I still have another PS3 available. Just gotta stick a new hard drive in.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
And everyone was saying how it was impossible for Sony to patch >_> . No worries for me since I still have another PS3 available. Just gotta stick a new hard drive in.
It is impossible to patch in the sense that every console out there will always be vulnerable, even if future firmwares require hardware to aid in downgrading. That's what fail0verflow has said from the beginning.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
koji2009 said:
This thread is both misleading, and wrong. He successfully decrypted the latest firmware and released the latest keys (not the new private key, private keys aren't stored on the system)... but he has no current interest in working on a custom firmware for a newer version.

QUOTE said:
KaKaRoToKS FYI: I am NOT working on 3.56.. maybe in the future, but for now, I concentrate on 3.55, you either choose PSN (3.56) or homebrew (3.55 MFW)

Taken directly from his twitter.

(edit) For those not in the know, there won't be another easy install custom firmware... If you updated to 3.56 you screwed yourself until either A: An exploit is found (the old method was NOT an exploit, it was Sony's private key) or B: a modchip comes out (which several companies are already working on it since all old consoles are now open to having their NANDs flashed via hardware)

Why is this? Because the private key team failoverflow released is now old news. Sony has made a new private key and now all future games will use this new private key. The new common key necessary to decrypt the firmwares and games are out... Pulled from firmware 3.56 with ease... So new PSN and PS3 games can still be decrypted and played on older and custom firmwares without issue. If you're wondering how old games that used the old key can still play on the PS3, well sony has this wonderful little whitelist that basically says "These are the only software that can run with the old key!". The games are listed with SHA hash to confirm they are indeed the real deal.

Sorry if any of this came out a bit rambly... It's almost 7am and I haven't had any sleep yet

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder when the first no solder (clip on) NAND/NOR flasher for the ps3 will come out. Remember that the slim units do not have a NAND chip, they use NOR flash.

Codc

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You guys realize you can still use your CFW even if you're on 3.56, right? Just change your console's DNS and you'll still have access to PSN

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Codc said:
You guys realize you can still use your CFW even if you're on 3.56, right? Just change your console's DNS and you'll still have access to PSN

I have OFW 3.56. Your telling me I can still downgrade to 3.55 CFW just by changing my DNS? How does that work?

Has anyone tried this?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
ctr3k said:
When the 3.56 update was released loads of people updated thinking a new easy CFW will be released in few hours when the truth is that was a one off deal. People need to think more if you updated for PSN its your own fault.

Actually, a 3.56 CFW is quite possible (as long as you are on 3.55 or lower). They could decrypt 3.56, patch it with both the CFW patches and support for the old keys (i.e. disable the whitelist and make the old keys work for everything) and then resign it with the 3.55 private key. Of course, it wouldn't work for people who have already updated to 3.56 OFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone