Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"** This special promotion is hosted directly by our Wiikey supplier. Limited time only, starting March 27, 2007. We guarantee stock availity and WiiKey genuinity **"

How can you go wrong? availity and genuinity!!!
rofl2.gif

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
- Compared ours (real) to cones here and here

haha.. Cones.. and dare they linked to the picture on wiikey.cn website and neoasic.com (meaning they did not take the picture themselves - so it is not a comparison of their original chip to the cones)

i just want to see whether wiikey team could prevent the clones from using their updates or not..

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
- Compared ours (real) to cones here and here

haha.. Cones.. and dare they linked to the picture on wiikey.cn website and neoasic.com (meaning they did not take the picture themselves - so it is not a comparison of their original chip to the cones)

i just want to see whether wiikey team could prevent the clones from using their updates or not..

pretty sure i read somewhere that wiikey software or upgrades will not work on clones. dunno if thats scare tactics by them, but i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read about that too but since the clones just copied everything, i just want to see how successful they are in copnying the Wiikey. the Wiikey team will have a hard time dealing with these clones.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
i read about that too but since the clones just copied everything, i just want to see how successful they are in copnying the Wiikey. the Wiikey team will have a hard time dealing with these clones.

i heard there was an additional rumour that the clones missed one piece of code line that the wiikey team would use to exploit and avoid the clones from using their official releases.... although, i find it hard to comprehend how a clone cause miss those lines. The only problem i could see is that a clone was so dodgy it didn't have the ability to run wiikeys firmware period!

Foie

That one guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't resist. I bit
happy.gif

Now let's just hope it is real
unsure.gif
... They guarantee it's genuinity (is that even a word?), so I'm hoping he's right.

For $11, you can't go wrong. Even if it is a fake, it will still work for basic functions, and at least serve as a temporary mod chip, which is worth the $11.

jon-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Notice that they are saying original wiikey Chipset, probably is the chips that dealextreme is using. They where claiming also that their chips was genuine chips on not genuine pcb's stole from the factory that makes the chips.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the creator makes the Chiip brands it "official" and sells it for $50, then i turn around and use their schematics to clone that chip with the same components and sell it for $15, there is no difference. For all practical purposes, both chips are the same, with perhaps COSMETIC differences.

If the damn factory that created the WiiKey turned around and released clones onto the market for profit, there is no damn way its going to work any differently, no matter what the WiiKey team says.

We'll see when someone with a clone upgrades with the next firmware cd release. I bet you it will work.

mustnap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i beg to differ. from what i understand, even the component is the same, they still have to program the chip. if the code is different, they will function differently.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i beg to differ. from what i understand, even the component is the same, they still have to program the chip. if the code is different, they will function differently.

The code being different is nothing more than a rumor.

Lets go back in time a moment, the GC discs spun backwards, right?

Moral of the story is, don't draw any conclusions.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thats what firmware is. If you use the exact firmware on the exact same chip, there won't be any differences. So most likely, the WiiKey team is using scare tactics. There may be some chip on the wiikey for protection purposes, for example, the wiikey team could make the firmware check for "something" on the protection chip, and if the check returns negative, it wouldn't start. But stuff like security checks can be removed from the firmware, or be made to always return a yes. So I'm sure its highly likely that the WiiKey clones wouldn't function any more or less effectively than the original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong