OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So guys for example I'm playing Pokemon Platinum and I'm right in front of Giratina and I save, then I go battle it, and it's not a Shiny Giratina. Can I just switch off the DS and back on like a million times until the chance comes when I find a shiny Giratina?
Or maybe it's like it's decided from the start of the game whether the Giratina you encounter later on will be shiny or not?
How does it work?
I know the question was not clear. Tell me if I need to elaborate more.
Stupid question too, I know, but still, it's never bad to learn..
tongue.gif

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Stevetry said:
is random turn it off and on you may get lucky
wut?

To the OP, yes, you can simply reset your game over and over again until you encounter a shiny one. What people commonly do is "soft reset" where you please L, R, Select and Start at the same time.

EvangelionEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
blueshockz said:
If you want it fast you can turn on cheat to make it a shiny one..turning on/off or soft reset is cheating also..you must start at the beginning and get a shiny is legit...xD

I find the bolded part is complete bullcrap. How is turning on and off cheating?

Lost Wisdom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EvangelionEX said:
blueshockz said:
If you want it fast you can turn on cheat to make it a shiny one..turning on/off or soft reset is cheating also..you must start at the beginning and get a shiny is legit...xD

I find the bolded part is complete bullcrap. How is turning on and off cheating?
I think he was being sarcastic.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Lost Wisdom said:
EvangelionEX said:
blueshockz said:

I think he was being sarcastic.
I really doubt that and yes, soft-resetting works on retail games.

Trollology

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh another pokemon question.
tongue.gif

I don't wanna start a new thread so I'll post it here:
If I use Pokesav do edit the names of some event Pokemon I obtained by a trade, will it be considered hacked/abnormal?
They have Japanese names (Japanese event done by the dude who traded them to me) .. so yeah.
If I rename them will they look 100% like I got them from a US event?
Thanks.

EvangelionEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Trollology said:
tongue.gif

If I use Pokesav do edit the names of some event Pokemon I obtained by a trade, will it be considered hacked/abnormal?
They have Japanese names (Japanese event done by the dude who traded them to me) .. so yeah.
Thanks.

I don't think it's considered as hacked/abnormal because HECK, YOU ARE ONLY CHANGING THE NAME. Not the stats or anything.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trollology said:
tongue.gif

Thanks.
Yeh, this is considerd hacking yeh. With Pokesav, you can create those pokemon, but also give them abnormal moves/stats etc. so its not seen as legitimate.

Trollology

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
boktor666 said:
Trollology said:
tongue.gif

Thanks.
Yeh, this is considerd hacking yeh. With Pokesav, you can create those pokemon, but also give them abnormal moves/stats etc. so its not seen as legitimate.

Yeah I know that. But what I meant is:
Is there any difference between an American event Pokemon and the same one in Japanese if I just change the Japanese's name to English with Pokesav?
If no, then no one will no that I ever used Pokesav
wink.gif

thhorde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, im preeeeeeeety sure that they are the same, but just to be sure...wat eevent pokemon are they?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Trollology said:
And Rydian: So changing the name would make the Pokemon look like a false one?
Yes, because the info wouldn't add up. You'd have to change the other info as well, and there's more that goes into a pokemon than you see on the stats screen (there's like 7/8 hidden values).

You could change them all to match, but it'd be less work to just get an english one when it comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30