Hacking just upgraded from DS-X to CycloDS and have questions.

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am really excited about this card but i have a few quick questions...

1) do certain roms need the arm7 fix like they do with the DS-X?

2) can the CycloDS read roms that are fixed with arm7? i have a bunch of roms that i already arm7 fixed to make them work with the DS-X. it would suck having to go get the unpatched roms again since i did not keep them.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I remember upgrading from my DS-X to the CycloDS... Back in November 2007. xD
No, you don't need an Arm7 fix for any games currently. For GTA:CW, just use the cheat bypass.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nin10doFan said:
No, you don't need an Arm7 fix for any games currently. For GTA:CW, just use the cheat bypass.

No, you just need to upgrade to 1.54, released just today. No need for cheats or patching the ARM7/9 with the Cyclo.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
i am really excited about this card but i have a few quick questions...

1) do certain roms need the arm7 fix like they do with the DS-X?

2) can the CycloDS read roms that are fixed with arm7? i have a bunch of roms that i already arm7 fixed to make them work with the DS-X. it would suck having to go get the unpatched roms again since i did not keep them.
no most games do not need an arm7 patch unless theres a new type of protection or bug that requires hacking the arm7 and yes it can read already patched games. make sure to update to frimware 1.54 final it just came out today thats what make cyclo better than ds-x
wink2.gif

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nin10doFan said:
Ahh, I remember upgrading from my DS-X to the CycloDS... Back in November 2007. xD

yeah, i am a bit behind the times i guess. my DS-X treated me well but it hasn't aged well and enough is enough.

Joey Ravn said:
No, you just need to upgrade to 1.54, released just today. No need for cheats or patching the ARM7/9 with the Cyclo.

i just saw that thread and i plan on upgrading when my girlfriend gets home form work. she has the DS with the DS-X in it so i haven't been able to even test out my CycloDS yet. she is hooked on Peggle. haha.

QUOTE(Ichigosj @ Mar 16 2009, 05:09 PM)
no most games do not need an arm7 patch unless theres a new type of protection or bug that requires hacking the arm7 and yes it can read already patched games. make sure to update to frimware 1.54 final it just came out today thats what make cyclo better than ds-x
wink2.gif

good to hear.

thanks for the help everyone. expect me to be asking a lot of questions over the next week or so. haha.

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ichigosj said:
priapism said:
uh oh. it does seem to be having trouble with roms that i already patched.
like what?

well i am really far in Peggle so i wanted to use the save file i already have. it recognizes the rom fine (in the menu) but when i start it up it gets stuck on the initial loading screen of the game. i tested it with only the rom on the SD card (no save file) and with the rom and the save file both on the SD card. it still gets stuck.

i tested the unpatched version of the rom and it works fine. my precious Peggle save data, nooo!!!!!!

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
Ichigosj said:
priapism said:
uh oh. it does seem to be having trouble with roms that i already patched.
like what?

well i am really far in Peggle so i wanted to use the save file i already have. it recognizes the rom fine (in the menu) but when i start it up it gets stuck on the initial loading screen of the game. i tested it with only the rom on the SD card (no save file) and with the rom and the save file both on the SD card. it still gets stuck.

i tested the unpatched version of the rom and it works fine. my precious Peggle save data, nooo!!!!!!
i think you have to convert your save file using http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php cyclods uses .sav not .gds

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS-X uses .sav also. plus, i tried loading the patched game with no save file on the SD at all and it still got stuck during the initial load sequence.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
DS-X uses .sav also. plus, i tried loading the patched game with no save file on the SD at all and it still got stuck during the initial load sequence.
oh well in that case i don't know what to do i guess i was thinking of a diffrent flashcart

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ichigosj said:
priapism said:
oh well in that case i don't know what to do i guess i was thinking of a diffrent flashcart

the converter worked!!! you are a total life saver. both carts use the .sav type of file but i guess the converter changed something else too.

so i am now using an unpatched rom with a converted save file and the game runs flawlessly.

thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them