Just two quick questions about Lameboy

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Raiser, Oct 22, 2008.

Oct 22, 2008
  1. Raiser
    OP

Member Raiser I am mad scientist.

Canada
    Hello dere,

With Lameboy, are you supposed to save your game with the actual game's save function or the Lameboy save function?

Also, before, with Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, and Pokemon TCG, I would save it with one or the other or both save functions and my save file would revert back to the save file before. O.o You know what I mean?
    If you don't here's an example:

Pokemon Yellow:
    Start game - Beat Brock - SAVE - Beat Misty - SAVE - Finished playing, turn off DS - Turn back on later - Save file is right after Brock, before Misty.

Get it? Anyone else have this problem? If so, how do I fix?
    I don't remember, I think I had Lameboy 0.9 =\

Thanks for the help! ^^

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    You're supposed to do both. Save in game, then, assuming you haven't changed the settings, hit X to write your save file to the microSD.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Right, Lameboy doesn't actually update the *.sav file on your card until you press the X button. Of course pressing X before saving in-game wouldn't do you any good since the save data would not be updated yet.

You can also use Lameboy's savestate feature (new to v0.10) in which you must manually save and load each time. Would be pretty pointless with Pokemon though, since you can already save almost anywhere in the Pokemon games.