rikuumi

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys I have an old Wii with 3.2e FW and HBC on it..
I installed it a long time ago and I don't have any unbrick thingies or anything and I'm totally off the Wii homebrew cart so if you guys could lead me a way I would really appreciate that! I would be really pleased if you could link best available unbrick methods and USB backup loaders! Thanks!

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unbrick??? are your wii bricked then? or do u wanna softmod it?
if u need softmod it, then use ModMii: http://gbatemp.net/t207126-modmii-for-windows
tell your wii is virgin (update it to 4.1) and follow generated guide step by step.
enjoy it
wink.gif

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the modmii guide for the simplest solution. Follow it as if you were hacking your wii for the first time.

egurgle: I think he was just saying he hadn't installed any unbricking software before and wanted advice on how to update properly without bricking his wii since he had no means to fix it.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Agree, use ModMii. Not absolutely necessary to update the system menu, but if you do, as already said, update to 4.1. The latest is 4.3, but don't worry about that, 4.1 will be best. Anything higher just increases the chance of problems later on.

Edit: also get yourself an external hard drive and move up to USB loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh