Hacking Just installed SX Lite, stuck on splash screen

WayOfTheRoad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: It was my 256gb SD card. Sandisk and it's real but I popped in a 32gb ONN card and it worked. No idea why the Sandisk isn't recognized as I used gui to format and made sure this card was compatible. Hmm...

ORIGINAL POST:
Hey guys, I just installed the SX Lite in my Switch Lite and after adding boot.dat to my Fat32 SD Card, it just stays on the SX OS splash screen when turning on.

The install went well as I have a lot of experience soldering. I guess I could double check everything but I did with my multimeter before reassembling.

I'm on Switch FW 10.2.0,

I've tried SX OS 3.1.0 and 3.0.5 (could this be it?)

I have no idea where to get older versions of SX OS to try others. Any help would be great as I'm new to Switch modding but have experience with other systems. Thanks!

Last edited by WayOfTheRoad,

WayOfTheRoad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you reformatted your SD card, did you put the Nintendo folder back on the foot of your card? If not, that's your problem.

Thanks for the reply!

I originally formatted in Fat32 with the program I noticed was recommended most (guiformat) and it was the problem, oddly enough. I used basic ol' Win7 command line format and it worked after that.

I planned on updating my post with this info incase someone else had this issue with that card/program after I finished setting everything up. I setup emunand, backed up my sysnand to my card and then PC+USB HDD to be safe. All is going well so far (fingers crossed).

I was surprised by the chip install, TBH. The install itself was quite easy as far as soldering goes and to the point that I'd say a novice could do it. Not a 1st timer as much as a novice.
However, what surprised me most was how...not well the chip and cables fit. I mean, it fit but it seems like it could have easily been made a bit better with regard to dimensions, cable lengths, etc. At one point I stopped because I was halfway sure I was sent the wrong chip, haha. Before snaking the cable in an 'S' shape and screwing down the 2 parts under the joycon & card reader it absolutely didn't seem like it was going to fit in any way close to flush.
But it got there and closed as cleanly as it was before the chip.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I go out of my way to help newbs with PS4/Vita/PS3 nodding and hacking so it's nice to see a community that'll help people new to Switch like myself. Thanks.

Reactions: Daydex

Daydex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply!

I originally formatted in Fat32 with the program I noticed was recommended most (guiformat) and it was the problem, oddly enough. I used basic ol' Win7 command line format and it worked after that.

I planned on updating my post with this info incase someone else had this issue with that card/program after I finished setting everything up. I setup emunand, backed up my sysnand to my card and then PC+USB HDD to be safe. All is going well so far (fingers crossed).

I was surprised by the chip install, TBH. The install itself was quite easy as far as soldering goes and to the point that I'd say a novice could do it. Not a 1st timer as much as a novice.
However, what surprised me most was how...not well the chip and cables fit. I mean, it fit but it seems like it could have easily been made a bit better with regard to dimensions, cable lengths, etc. At one point I stopped because I was halfway sure I was sent the wrong chip, haha. Before snaking the cable in an 'S' shape and screwing down the 2 parts under the joycon & card reader it absolutely didn't seem like it was going to fit in any way close to flush.
But it got there and closed as cleanly as it was before the chip.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I go out of my way to help newbs with PS4/Vita/PS3 nodding and hacking so it's nice to see a community that'll help people new to Switch like myself. Thanks.

Did you take any pics of your soldering?

WayOfTheRoad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you take any pics of your soldering?

No, I didn't even consider that when I probably should have just for posterity sake.
Between the microscope and multimeter I'm fairly sure those are clean. I've been soldering and even micro soldering for a while now.

Thankfully that initial issue is taken care of. I'm not done setting it up so I won't count my chickens just yet but as of right now it's going well.

I definitely should have taken some shots with my scope before closing it up.

Reactions: Daydex

Daydex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, I didn't even consider that when I probably should have just for posterity sake.
Between the microscope and multimeter I'm fairly sure those are clean. I've been soldering and even micro soldering for a while now.

Thankfully that initial issue is taken care of. I'm not done setting it up so I won't count my chickens just yet but as of right now it's going well.

I definitely should have taken some shots with my scope before closing it up.

I was just asking as it's been a while since I've seen any of these chips soldered to the switch. I've done the same in the past.

Reactions: WayOfTheRoad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-