Hacking Just got the G6 Lite... NEED HELP!

razuraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hi ,

Sorry , due to the G6 lite is Chinese version .
It is no way to change the language by the software or loader .
We only have released the chinese version of G6 Lite now .
And we have already informed the resellers .It is the chinese version
We will release the english version of G6 Lite within two weeks .

Regards
Danny

so how come some guys can update to the latest english loader then? seems to me there products are defective.

gokong

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well..i got the email and i decided to cancel my order, just gonna get a supercard for now and when everything works out with the g6 lite i'll buy again.

How fast does WinSunX refund the money?

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Jesus christ, how much of a problem is it to read the menus in Chinese? I've ordered a G6 Lite Perfect 4G from psxbox.net for both me and a friend and don't want us to have a product that we can't use!

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so how come some guys can update to the latest english loader then? seems to me there products are defective.

Some guys might have gotten the english version.

There was a post somewhere saying that if you format the other part of the g6 (i forgot what it was called) you'd be able to install any firmware on it but no one's tried it yet to my knowledge.

lazywanker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Jesus christ, how much of a problem is it to read the menus in Chinese? I've ordered a G6 Lite Perfect 4G from psxbox.net for both me and a friend and don't want us to have a product that we can't use!

I have no qualms about using the product in chinese, but i really would like to have the rom names in english. Does anyone have know how the ROMs are displayed in the chinese version?

Then again if you can only get say, 30 games total (NDA and GBA) on the card, it shouldn't be that hard to remember them. Still it would be nice to not to have to explain to the missus what each option is.

leonardo71286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they rushed their first batch of G6lites to the market so quickly that they didn't have time to implement the chinese/english lock.

I opened up the two loader chinese and english side by side with a hex compare utility and there are many differences,
I suppose most of these are simply the chinese/english text, however at the top most likely there's a piece of
code (a header) telling what language the loader is.

I was wondering; maybe somebody, a very skillful person, could hack the loader (eng g6loader.sys) and change
the piece of code that tells the hardware which loader it's booting up and trick it into loading the english
version as if it were the chinese. Just a thought
laugh.gif

PS I also cheked the g6verify.sys with the hexcomp utility, I found that the chinese/english versions are exactly the same.

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Winsunx just sent me an email saying that they would get an english version in two weeks, I'm sad that I had to cancel my order.
frown.gif

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
What I don't understand is that if Danny says they've only released a Chinese version, then why have they even bothered to release an English version of the loader, given that it won't work on Chinese hardware?

trancegemini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very upsetting that danny did not make this CLEAR to all of the shops he sells to right from the start. The m3 team has lost ALOT of my support because of this. I asked winsunx to change my pre-order to the english version if they can and if not to refund me. Danny really messed up with not making it clear to EVERYONE that there was no english version out right from the start.

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
psxbox said:
Dear sir,

But this stock for china market,if G6lite have chinese version and english version,I believe it’s chinese version.

I don’t know the if the english version released.

Thank you.
What would you recommend I do?

weebull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it seems to me that the least G6 team could do is go back to releasing dual language loader software, especially since they sent a random buch of unmarked products to their resellers and customers.

Any way to voice our concerns about this?

ceevee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems to me that the least G6 team could do is go back to releasing dual language loader software, especially since they sent a random buch of unmarked products to their resellers and customers.

Any way to voice our concerns about this?
I wish they would do that cuz then both chinese G6 Lite and english G6 Lite would have no language problems. I hope they somehow know users want this.

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Jesus christ.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!?
tongue.gif

I swear when I ordered it never said Chinese version in the title. And someone on here has said their version from psxbox installed the English firmware just fine? And why is the packaging in English?

--MRB--

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

r4sCaL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just ordered two G6 Lites from psxbox and I am disappointed that they can't be updated to english too. The quote on the G6 Lite product page "This is Chinese version,can not upgrade the english kernel." was deffinately not there when I ordered so I had no idea about this until I read posts about it here. I can't remember if it had Chinese version in brackets after the product name though. The money is unclaimed from PayPal at the moment so do you think it would be possible to cancel the order without losing any money to PayPal? Or has anyone tried to change their order to the English version with psxbox?

leonardo71286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody please verify if a chinese loader displays the names eng. roms in english ?
I'd like to know this, because although I don't care about the menu being in chinese at least
I gotta know what rom I'm loading.

Qrayzie perhaps you know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto