Hacking Just got the G6 Lite... NEED HELP!

AshsToAshs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
i just got my G6 Lite and Passcard 3 today.

Everytime i try to boot up with the G6, i cant get past the G6 splash screen. It just has a pop-up box that tells me:
Wrong Language Version:
Please Install the "English" language version!

But the thing is... im pretty sure i HAVE installed the english version (im a noob at this so maybe i havent...)
I installed the English Loader from the "G6 V4.0 Full Installation Package V4.0a" from the HandHeldSources site

and after ive installed that English Loader it keeps telling me i need to install the english language version...

PLEASE HELP ME!
what am i doing wrong?

any help would be great,
thank you
-Ash-

litesaber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But the thing is... im pretty sure i HAVE installed the english version (im a noob at this so maybe i havent...)
rofl2.gif
you made my day
laugh.gif
thanks

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'm also getting the "Wrong language version" error. Maybe the Full Installation Package doesn't contain English version.

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it only gave me "FAT32" and "FAT" option so I formatted using "FAT" option, which it was originally formatted at. I guess I can try FAT32...

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I figured with FAT option.

First thing I did when I got it was to insert it in my PC, format it using FAT option, and then put those two files on there. Then put it in my DSL, pressed Y and pressed A+B+START+SELECT when I saw green screen. Then it added 30 files in about 2 minutes. After that, I rebooted and I get "Wrong language" error.

Thanks in advance for any help.

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm this is bad... looks like u have the g6 lite chinese version... as mentioned by some people it not work with the english loader and some ppl state that it does work. (now we know it DOESN'T work)

u will need the g6 lite chinese loader to get it running for now until g6 team releases an updated firmware for chinese AND english support

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooooh, not good. I'll try the Chinese loader and see if it solves that error.

But... yeah, I don't speak Chinese so this isn't good if that's the case. Thanks for the help though.

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
good luck and post your results.

if you haven't already... try FAT32 and see what happens, if its still the same try FAT16 again... if it still fails after that then i guess u have to stick with the chinese loader for now

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... so how do I get it to load from the G6 Lite card again? I formatted it again but it still gives me the "Wrong Language" error. I'm guessing it has written something to the DSL and I have to remove that.

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wrote something to the dslite? i dont think thats possible... try removing your dslite battery and see if it fixes it

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I guess I didn't totally understand what the system was doing after the green screen and writing 30 files. I figured it was writing to the G6 Lite card but when nothing changed after I reformatted the card, I figured it was embedded on the the DSL itself.

Okay, so when I first got the card... maybe I shouldn't have formatted it. Since it looked like it was working by itself. I saw the screen with "DS" "GBA" "Press Y for GBA" mode, etc. But since everybody else were putting in the "latest" loader, I figured I should do that too. That's why I formatted it, put those two files from the Loader folder of the Installation file. But it gave me error after it finished that process.

So I reformatted the G6 lite card using the USB drive. Then putting in 2 files from Chinese version now. But after my DSL reboots using Passcard 3, it still gives me "Wrong Language" error. Why am I still getting this if I reformatted the G6 Lite card?

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
format again (FAT16) in winxp and load the software from your blue g6lite cd (if you have it...)

maybe you are formatting it incorrectly?

just incase...

after a FORMAT (FAT16),

NDS console:
1) Put both "g6vervify.sys" and "g6loader.sys" files into the root directory of G6 U-Disk drive.
2) Press "Y" to make console entering into GBA mode.
3) Press A+B+sel+start simultaneously when the "green text" screen come out.
4) Click "yes" to confirm the update when the configuration screen come out.
(PASSKEY, PASSME, FLASHME is necessary for NDS mode)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a separate (16Mbit I believe) chunk of space set aside for the loader in addition to the 4Gbit of regular space. When you update the loader, you're updating THAT area, not the file system on the card itself.

That's why it looks like nothing changed even if you format the card, because that doesn't format the loader area.

AshsToAshs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it to work!
I didnt have to reformat or anything, i just tried installing with the 4.0 version, instead of the 4.0a version.
finally worked after that!
the 4.0 version was on the mini-CD that came with my G6, but i cant seem to find it on the HandHeldSources website, so im sorry i cant link it.

If anyone doesnt have it on their mini-CD then id be happy to upload it.

hope that helps
-Ash-

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a separate (16Mbit I believe) chunk of space set aside for the loader in addition to the 4Gbit of regular space. When you update the loader, you're updating THAT area, not the file system on the card itself.

That's why it looks like nothing changed even if you format the card, because that doesn't format the loader area.
I finally figured that part out after messing with the MPTool that came with the disk. So how do I alter THAT area since I obviously wrote that part with the wrong 2 files. Right now, the loader doesn't even boot up so I can't press "Y" to go into GBA mode.

I guess I never should've bothered with V4.0a but should've went with the disk.

preelude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
from another thread:

Steps:
======
Insert G6 U-DISK Burner with G6flash3 into USB port of PC. The blue LED should be lit up.

Format the G6 U-DISK by using FAT(16) format. (Don¡¯t put any file into G6 U-DISK after doing this step.)

Run ¡°MPutility.exe¡± by clicking its icon. EDIT*** http://www.handheldsources.com/download/Ma...e%20utility.rar

Click OK (and don¡¯t alter the setting.) A new window will come up later.

Click OK to start. It takes around 5 minutes to format a 2Gbit flashcard, please wait until it finished. A massage will come out to indicate that the processing is successfully completed.

Copy ¡°EMU¡± and ¡°PDA¡± directories from installation disk to G6 U-DISK. (To enable PDA and emulator games function.)

Add games by using G6 U-DISK MANAGER application. (It will create "GBA" and "NDS" directories for storing game save data.)

Put G6 flashcard into console and test it.

chobans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from another thread:

Steps:
======
Insert G6 U-DISK Burner with G6flash3 into USB port of PC. The blue LED should be lit up.

Format the G6 U-DISK by using FAT(16) format. (Don¡¯t put any file into G6 U-DISK after doing this step.)

Run ¡°MPutility.exe¡± by clicking its icon.

Click OK (and don¡¯t alter the setting.) A new window will come up later.

Click OK to start. It takes around 5 minutes to format a 2Gbit flashcard, please wait until it finished. A massage will come out to indicate that the processing is successfully completed.
I've been trying to make this work for the past half an hour. It says it should take 5 minutes to format a 2Gbit card. Mine is 4Gbit so it should take like 10 minutes. But it stops after like 2 seconds. I thought maybe I just have to wait patiently while the screen gives me nothing but nothing alters. I change no setting and let it run but it stops after like 3 seconds and gives me a beep, indicating (I think) that it's done.

Actually after I did that, now I have two extra drives. E with about 1MB in it and F with about 498 MB in it. This is getting beyond strange now. And total frustration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson