Hacking Just got my DS-X; Crashes DS and not work

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

Just payed A LOT OF MONEY and waited a long time for my DS-X to arrive, and it finally came. I loaded it into the ds, and guess what? MY MACHINE FREEZES UP!

I plugged it into my PC and updated it to v1.2, and now it still freezes PLUS it windows says this:
asdnz5.jpg

Please tell me what to do. Around 100$ is extremely much for me, and I'm going on a vacation in two days:(
frown.gif

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

Just payed A LOT OF MONEY and waited a long time for my DS-X to arrive, and it finally came. I loaded it into the ds, and guess what? MY MACHINE FREEZES UP!

I plugged it into my PC and updated it to v1.2, and now it still freezes PLUS it windows says this:
asdnz5.jpg

Please tell me what to do. Around 100$ is extremely much for me, and I'm going on a vacation in two days:(
frown.gif
I believe someone on ds-x forums once had this problem and I solved it, if it truely was the same error.

Anyone, if you look at computer hardware list, does it show as a "?" or something?

This is an old post of mine on the ds-x forum, maybe it does work in this case too.

To start off, did you check in the settings of the DS-X (when connected to the computer) at the most right tab "quota" of it is enabled, if so, disable that, it should solve it.

If not, you could try (also when connected to the pc) and do a rightclick on my computer > settings.
Then go to the tab hardware, and then device mananger.

Then, on that list, where the harddisks are (cant come up with a good name, but just check the hardiskthingy's until you see DS-Xtrem[][]
Undo that installation, then unplug the ds-xtreme and then plug it back in.
Check what it does.

Good luck

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really surprised with all the bad publicity DSX has gotten in the past few months ANYONE would opt to purchase one at any price. However, you need to post this on the forums, and hope Guru or someone else can come up with a fix. If you are running it through the front USB hub, don't. Plug it directly in the back of your PC, restart your computer, and hopefully that will work.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

asdnz5.jpg

frown.gif

LOL, aren't you the guy saying you were happy with the arm7.bin fix and didn't mind to wait for the official hardware support?

Ok, now wait and keep patching your ROMs.

In the meanwhile I suggest you to find the "recovery" pack by yourself and use it (at your own risk) if you want to solve your problems before you go.

loathsome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the answers.

I'm having a support-ticket going on with this very friendly guy. (Who said their support was bad?)
Got the recovery program and tried lots of other things, but it's still messed up.

We'll see what will happen. Most likely my web shop will just replace it, but still .. damned annoying
wacko.gif
smile.gif

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm having a support-ticket going on with this very friendly guy. (Who said their support was bad?)
Got the recovery program and tried lots of other things, but it's still messed up.

We'll see what will happen. Most likely my web shop will just replace it, but still .. damned annoying
wacko.gif
Â
smile.gif
ds-xtreme official statement is this, we do not like pirates, ds-xtreme is not for playing ds-roms, anyone posting about ds roms on our forums will get banned!, and they enforce this rule, so if a game does not work dont ask on the ds-xtreme forums they dont care they will ban you, if you complain they will ban you, if you make remarks about why their updates are so slow they will ban you, a little while ago they screwed up and released a bircking software patch for ds-xtremes on their website, and did not take it down for a week or so, but by then so many ds-xtreme had been bricked, they did not post any reply for a long time, they have a horrible customer service, if you complain they will just ban you from their forum to not bother with you.

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS-X sucks, why create a flashcart thats not sold in stores and not endorse ROM support.

At least your allowed to talk about it a little bit more on the R4...And your not paying $100 to get banned
biggrin.gif

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wacko.gif
Â
smile.gif

ds-xtreme official statement is this, we do not like pirates, ds-xtreme is not for playing ds-roms, anyone posting about ds roms on our forums will get banned!, and they enforce this rule, so if a game does not work dont ask on the ds-xtreme forums they dont care they will ban you, if you complain they will ban you, if you make remarks about why their updates are so slow they will ban you, a little while ago they screwed up and released a bircking software patch for ds-xtremes on their website, and did not take it down for a week or so, but by then so many ds-xtreme had been bricked, they did not post any reply for a long time, they have a horrible customer service, if you complain they will just ban you from their forum to not bother with you.

QUOTE(ghettobob @ Jul 13 2007, 02:34 PM)DS-X sucks, why create a flashcart thats not sold in stores and not endorse ROM support.

At least your allowed to talk about it a little bit more on the R4...And your not paying $100 to get banned
biggrin.gif

These people speak the truth. And gez, I've had this thing since last November.

Sasuke-Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure I can help you out here, maybe delete the DS-X drivers and install them again.
And I can see why people would buy the DS-X, if the staff were just a little more considerate of their users, it would kick every other carts arse. It has a gorgeous GUI, looks cool as crap, and easy to use. If I didn't know that the staff were wankers, I would have bought one any day.

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got that message about the USB device malfunctioning the very first time I plugged it in, but it was fine after that. Also I couldn't boot any ROMs until I upgraded my 2 mb unit to 1.1.2, but it sounds like you've done that already.

Skybase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased my DS-X loong ago when support was still excellent and the DS-X team was there almost every day. Later as support begain to wain, I was banned from the forums by one of their primary mods (Ask any user on the board that knew of me then, and I'm sure they'll acknowledge that I said nothing to expect this to happen). it's a permanent ban so i'm unable to post to the forums at all.

In fact, if I DO log in then my IP is notated and I'm unable to even browse the forums until my IP changes. I've tried more recently to re-register to the forums but their "image verification" system when registering appears to be broken. I'm unable to even re-register with a new account now that they're dead.
frown.gif

Very upsetting especially considering when there WERE software updates the only way to get them was through their forums. Hrmm...

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skybase said:
I'm unable to even browse the forums until my IP changes.

You're not missing anything. About one a week someone posts on the following topics:

A. Am I still getting my replacement DS-X or my money back? I was told to mail mine in for repair and it's been a year now?
B. People telling A-type posters they are SOL.
C. The old "DS-X rocks, it's only zelda that we can't play" fanbot crowd coming back to admit how wrong they were.

That's about it. I didn't mention any firmwares cause we all know that's a joke by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-