Android Just got an Android looking for cool stuff

Mythical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO I just got a new Android phone. I've had one before a while back, but I wasn't that into it more than being just for texting. Any cool apps that might be nice for android? I already have the Nova Prime Launcher. Is there anything else? Also some of my games won't load because of android updates. Any way to roll back somehow or make these few games work possibly?Also any good apps for live wallpapers anyone can recommend?

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Android has a ton of nice emulators, from all the retro stuff to dolphin and dreamcast if your system is powerful enough. If you want a controller best look for one specifically for phones to avoid lag although the bluetooth xb1 controllers work fine.

Reactions: Mythical
D

Deleted User

GZDoom for android, its the best Doom (1993) port available, try Freedoom with Beatiful Doom over it and load the Hell Revealed wad on top of it. Best game ever.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need a music app, you should try droidsound. It's free and it has nice features. One of my favorite features is the ability to play game audio files opposed to pre recorded common audio file format like MP3 players use. Playing everything from a NES, to SNES, N64, all the way to nintendo switch and more from the pass console generations. These files are much smaller than common audio formats and preserves the quality you hear in game with the ability to loop it and play endlessly just like you hear in the games you play. Is really worth trying if you are into that kind of thing and know where to find the specific files at. (Or can just be used like any other MP3 player) :ninja:

It uses various plugin files like foobar2000 to play them like VGMSTREAM GAME EMU PLAYER ETC. (now only we can get home for this on consoles.) :)
https://droidmjt.github.io/Droidsound/

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Mythical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really interested in emulation too much
Primarily only because I wouldn't want to deal with syncing my saves across platforms. (looking into that now)
I love that wallpaper! I'm using the Hey, Listen! preset rn :D
I'm probably going to root it and use lucky patcher, but the only reason I would do this is to remove ads from most apps

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I personally had all my devices rooted to remove ads and to have IAPs for free.
I also use an app to repeat my touch inputs to grind in some games :ha:

EDIT:
You can sync savefile folders between all your devices using Google Drive.
That's how I play using my 2 nVidia Shield TVs.

Last edited by Super.Nova,

bandithedoge

Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
Even though it's tricky to set up for newbies, RetroArch is the ultimate solution for Android, since it has cores that aren't available standalone.

If you need to control your PC remotely from your phone, TeamViewer is an option.

XDA is the site to go if you want to get into Android stuff deeper. Get the XDA Labs app for the forums, news and apps not available on the Play Store.

Speaking of XDA Labs and its app store, get YouTube Vanced. It's a modded YouTube app with a full black theme, background playback and no ads. You don't even need to buy anything to use it.

BlackPlayer EX is my favorite music player. It's stable and easy to use.

Tachiyomi if you're into manga.

Profiler might be useful if you want to monitor CPU usage, temps, etc.

Blokada is the best ad blocker for non-rooted phones. If you're rooted, use AdAway.

Naptime and Servicely are the best for saving battery. They're more aggressive than Greenify and work much better, but Naptime bugged the status bar on my Nexus 5X. Didn't happen on my other phone, though.

SystemUI Tuner requires either root or ADB to set up, but you can make the status bar clock display seconds for example.

Smart Launcher has been my launcher of choice for years. Even my mom uses it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit