Hacking Just got a launch day unit on 7.0.0, attempting paperclip method but failing

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I've managed to get my hands on a launch-day Switch unit that hasn't been updated past 7.0.0 yet, and I'm attempting to use a paperclip to kick it into RCM (temporary while a jig is underway per snailmail, which most likely will take a couple of weeks). Sadly my attempts to do this haven't been succesfull so I'm looking for tips and pointers doing this (yes I know it might damage the rail pins), or possibly an easier/safer way to get into RCM preferably without taking my con apart. Anyone that has what I am looking for?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
w8 for jig but if you rlly need to use tinfoil

paperclip is too dangerours in my opinion

Last edited by Lamcza,

jos010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
will never forget first time it worked on my switch using the paperclip method before receiving jig :grog:
i love nintendo

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
couldnt wait for my jig either , bended a twisted piece of tinfoil in a U shape xD
Mine turned out more like a J, but while it's installed the con doesn't seem to respond (in tegraexplorer, thankfully I accidently found out that the power button == A button in TegraExplorer). No biggie though.

So far I've made a backup, created an emunand which I'm going to use with pirated games. Should I make a second (preferably smaller) emunand for eshop and legit games which'll stay clean?

Other things I should do or check out?

Edit: Oh yeah and I enabled autoRCM for now, untill snailmail delivers me my AliExpress jig.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine turned out more like a J, but while it's installed the con doesn't seem to respond (in tegraexplorer, thankfully I accidently found out that the power button == A button in TegraExplorer). No biggie though.

So far I've made a backup, created an emunand which I'm going to use with pirated games. Should I make a second (preferably smaller) emunand for eshop and legit games which'll stay clean?

Other things I should do or check out?

Edit: Oh yeah and I enabled autoRCM for now, untill snailmail delivers me my AliExpress jig.
Wait, what? You aren't supposed to install the joycon with a jig attached! You CAN'T with a real jig. You're supposed to trigger RCM, remove the jig, and then put the joycon back on.

And you're OFW on 7.0... You should have fully updated it online before making your emummc, since there is zero point in not having it updated. With that said, no. You do not need to make another emummc for eshop. Just boot OFW in eshop, and you will never make the mistake of going online with cheats enabled or some other dumb thing that'll get you banned.

Quincy

OP
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait, what? You aren't supposed to install the joycon with a jig attached! You CAN'T with a real jig. You're supposed to trigger RCM, remove the jig, and then put the joycon back on.

And you're OFW on 7.0... You should have fully updated it online before making your emummc, since there is zero point in not having it updated. With that said, no. You do not need to make another emummc for eshop. Just boot OFW in eshop, and you will never make the mistake of going online with cheats enabled or some other dumb thing that'll get you banned.
I went the tinfoil-on-the-joycon way, shorting pins 9 and 10 of the con :P Wouldn't updating sysMMC to latest mean that I would lose any potential entry points/exploits/benefits of still being on 7.0.0?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You short the pins JUST to enter RCM. You don't try to actually use it while the pins are shorted. And since you're using foil, you're probably shorting out more than just the 2 pins when you try to cram a joycon on top of it.

There are no entry points for 7.0. RCM is your entry point. Otherwise, you'd need to install a mod chip. There was a rumored cold-boot method for fw 4.x and some people are holding out for that... but how long has it been now? 6 Years or more? Don't think it's going to happen, and since you're already on 7, it's a moot point. I already told you there is no point. That's what "zero" means.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You short the pins JUST to enter RCM. You don't try to actually use it while the pins are shorted. And since you're using foil, you're probably shorting out more than just the 2 pins when you try to cram a joycon on top of it.

There are no entry points for 7.0. RCM is your entry point. Otherwise, you'd need to install a mod chip. There was a rumored cold-boot method for fw 4.x and some people are holding out for that... but how long has it been now? 6 Years or more? Don't think it's going to happen, and since you're already on 7, it's a moot point. I already told you there is no point. That's what "zero" means.
yeah the video with the tinfoil aint how i did it thats why i talked about a U you are supposed to connect 2 pin that are on the switch rail connector , you dont need the joycon , i just put the U so both end touch the right pin , boot rcm , install auto rcm with hekate , remove peice of tinfoil. use switch as normal with joycon

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ult... (the lowest,the fan at the top of the switch.
1694685645156.jpeg

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the video with the tinfoil aint how i did it thats why i talked about a U you are supposed to connect 2 pin that are on the switch rail connector , you dont need the joycon , i just put the U so both end touch the right pin , boot rcm , install auto rcm with hekate , remove peice of tinfoil. use switch as normal with joycon
Don't know why you quoted me for that, and you still didn't remove the foil soon enough. AS SOON AS YOU ENTER RCM, is when you remove it. Short the pins, hold VOl + while turning it on and the screen turns on but stays black. That's when you remove the foil, because that's when your system is in RCM, and it will stay that way until you feed it a payload, force the power off by holding the power button for like 7 seconds or so, or until your battery just runs out.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-mods-to-enter-rcm.502145/#:~:text=It's required to short pin 10 (the lowest,the fan at the top of the switch.
View attachment 393861
nah video is good only thing that i recommend is just to put narrower piece but putting it on joycone that is secured on the rail its way safer and lets be honest if this is his first switch he will need too do that few times at least becouse he dont know s*** about what he is doing :D

ofc i also recommend to just w8 for a jig but i go tinfoil way myslef and i was using it for 2 weeks :D

ps. video from thread you linked has better quality so bettery use this as guide :D

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know why you quoted me for that, and you still didn't remove the foil soon enough. AS SOON AS YOU ENTER RCM, is when you remove it. Short the pins, hold VOl + while turning it on and the screen turns on but stays black. That's when you remove the foil, because that's when your system is in RCM, and it will stay that way until you feed it a payload, force the power off by holding the power button for like 7 seconds or so, or until your battery just runs out.
lol because its been a while since i did this , just said what i thought i remembered , plus i just woke n baked . i aint the fastest mind in the west right now .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto