Hacking Just got a brand new M3, comes with ruby.gba??

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a clean formatted card, yet when I boot up the M3, it always says Ruby.gba WARNING GBA Game Save but cannot find autosave backup file, backup fail. I haven't put ANYTHING related to GBA on the card, I checked for hidden folders, etc, nothing is there, and I don't know why...

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone tested the M3 with a gba rom, the sram of the M3 contains that rom save file. It doesnt find a dat file on your card and it's normal. once you load another game, everything will be back to normal.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Yes, you need to test a GBA game.
Play a GBA game (maybe pokemon ruby?) and save the game; then reboot your DS.
Tell us if you still have the problem
smile.gif

XBohrchX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need to overwrite the ruby.gba with another gba rom, therefore just play a gba rom. Playing a DS Rom doesn't solve the "problem". by the way, i also had a sav file in the sram after turning on m3 for the first time. It was asphalt urban ds us;)

Spin20vt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just tried this fix but i keep getting this error and it just swaps to whatever game i played last, my save games seem to be saving and loading ok, but every time on reboot i get the same error "warning! GBA save game already exists on this card, but autosave cannot be found. backup failed"

anyone help?

takieda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to create game saves for every game you put onto the DS... the easiest method is simply to run the games through the game manager - i.e. Write GBA instead of Write NDS.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why don't you just create a gba save file named ruby.dat, let it back up, then delete ruby.dat

It's saying it has nowhere to go, didn't think of giving it somewhere to go?

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
Indeed. I got that problem 2 day ago while attempting to update my passkey 2, the M3 kept a save of the .gba file and definitely wanted to write in a .dat that points to this file

just try to flash any GBA game you would name ruby.gba, the .dat will be created, the M3's sram.dat will write into the .dat when you boot it, then just delete the rom and everything should be correct
wink2.gif

Spin20vt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ill try it but i dont think it will work because its not doing the ruby.gba one no more it just says excatly the same but with whatever game i played last eg mario.gba

falco123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ill try it but i dont think it will work because its not doing the ruby.gba one no more it just says excatly the same but with whatever game i played last eg mario.gba

Lol...that's the point. I don't know why this topic got so many posts, but it's really simple, just run a GBA game to clear the SRAM for GBA and same for DS. It will always back up the .dat for the last game you played no matter what, but when you run a real game, at least you don't get an error.

Doktor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi. sorry for my bad english
i have a problem with my m3 on my ds lite with flashme.
if i do a savegame and then i shut off and then power on my ds, the savegames doesn't load.

if i shut off and then immediatly turn on i see this message: WARNING!NDS SAVE IN CARD BUT CANNOT FIND AUTOSAVE BACKUP FILE!BACKUP FAIL!PRESS A TO CONTINUE

I have the last fw (v25) and the last loader (v25).

the strange is that the savegame was created by the manager in the cf but when i save in playing the m3 can't see it.

the old saves (that i've created when i'm using this m3 on my old ds) works perfectly but when i try to owerwrite them and then i reboot ds, this saves were unchanged.

I have tried to format the cf, but problem persist. i have also tried to load another gba games but nothing.

i hope that you can help me because in this situation my m3 is not useful.

thanks in advance
bye
Doktor83

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer