Hardware Just getting into all of this, need some quick advice.

Headhunterz-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have just purchased a Nintendo DS Lite (Cobalt Blue) from a local futureshop today, and have ordered a DSTT card online off of ebay. Then i found out i need a cart to be able to play GBA games as well. I've been trying to search/read on how to do this, even youtube'd tutorials but it still seems unclear to me.

I'm looking to pick up an EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion cart, is this compatible with the DSTT? Will i be able to run DS & GBA games with both of these items?

Headhunterz-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i would really appreciate some help guys, please and thanks.

Or please just post a link to a similiar thread like this.

smile.gif

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, you can't play GBA games from Slot-1. And that's a tragedy, because there are some really really really good GBA games.

You need something for Slot-2. I live in Japan and bought myself a SuperCard Lite from a back alley store in Akihabara. I'm not sure where you could get one, but it certainly serves my purposes. It was a little tricky to figure out at first because you have to convert all the GBA ROMs into a format the hardware can read (you have to download this software to do the conversions). This one appealed to me, though, because it's the same size and shape as the NDS Slot-2 cover and thus sits flush with the NDS. And it's white.

If you look in the reviews section on this website you'll see pretty comprehensive reviews of what's out there. You should start there.

GBA ROM emulators for NDS genrally can't read GB and GBC games, and there are some good ones worth having (all three Zeldas for example), but you can download a program called Goomba (or perhaps Goomba Color -- there are a couple of versions) that will package multiple GB and GBC games into a single GBA ROM readable by these cards.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
And, I would add, the lack of a Slot-2 in the new DSi is, by itself, enough to make me not buy one. What was Nintendo thinking?

Headhunterz-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the reply guys, I'm going to be picking up the EZ Flash Vi SDHC with EZ 3-1 Expansion Pack

i'll post back in a few days with my feedback on the product.
smile.gif

once again thanks!

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Here's the Wikipedia entry on Goomba which has links to the converter as well as Goomba Color (which is the one you want): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goomba_(emulator)

This is well worth having if you want to add the GBC Zeldas, as well as the GBC Tetris, in my opinion by far the best Tetris available for any system. Goomba is a nifty little program.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!