Just finished watching the 11th Doctor.....

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Despite the fact that Rory never existed, the effect he had on certain events would stay, which is why the ring is still there. If he never existed, he wouldn't have pushed the Doctor out of the way of Restac, remember?

My point was more to the fact that the photo of Rory & Amy was still on her desk, however he never existed.
And the effect he had would not have happened.

That's what i'm saying about an acceptable hiccup in any time-traveling plot line.
smile.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, right. It might be something that's explained on Saturday.

Also, there was the matter of Amy's alarm clock in Flesh and Stone as well. It went from 11:59 AM, 6/25 to 12:00 PM, 6/26 (using American dates). Sometimes these sorts of things can be continuity errors, but there's probably more to it, considering that it was so glaringly obvious, such as something going wrong with time in Amy's house. Maybe that was another reason the Doctor ended up 12 years late (although the TARDIS isn't the most accurate of machines anyway).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to continuity errors, it has nothing on Red Dwarf.

I love that series, hell even the recent specials were ok to watch but man never try to think about continuity on that series EVER.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
I wonder what the Eternal Dalek is actually supposed to do...
unsure.gif
Perhaps he's one of the type of Dalek that has the 'Emergency Temporal Shift' for escape ???

QUOTE(ProtoKun7 @ Jun 22 2010, 05:35 PM) Despite the fact that Rory never existed, the effect he had on certain events would stay, which is why the ring is still there.
Don't forget that the 'TARDIS' protects it's occupants from time conflicts

[as a off-topic
offtopic.gif
:In Red Dwarf - The sketch of 'Hope we don't get pulled over - hate to be found rat-arsed'' (in the last series IIRC) to me is the most classic funniest moment in the series]

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CannonFoddr said:
ProtoKun7 said:
I wonder what the Eternal Dalek is actually supposed to do...
unsure.gif
Perhaps he's one of the type of Dalek that has the 'Emergency Temporal Shift' for escape ???
I'd considered whether it meant that that type of Dalek was designed to survive at all costs, but ETS is probably too useful to only include on Eternals. Even Moffat and Gatiss admitted that they don't know what they do.
tongue.gif

CannonFoddr said:
QUOTE(ProtoKun7 @ Jun 22 2010, 05:35 PM)
Despite the fact that Rory never existed, the effect he had on certain events would stay, which is why the ring is still there.
Don't forget that the 'TARDIS' protects it's occupants from time conflicts
Don't worry, I was still aware of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work