Hacking Just bricked my wii urgently eneed help

samyswiny2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bricked my wii attempting to install preloader. I used dop mod ios and downgraded ios36. i then installed preloader. When i try to do anything on preloader it responds with hacks.ini not found although i have them in the preloader file on the sd card. I have a nand backup and can anyone tell me how to use it and save my wii?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just try reinstalling Preloader through the HBC. I has this issue once before and reinstalling it fixed it.

Your Wii isn't bricked, don't worry.

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have Bootmii as boot2, you can restore with your NAND backup. If not, try to get to the Homebrew Channel from Preloader, and then reinstall the system menu and it's corresponding IOS (for 4.2: 70; for 4.1: 60) using DOP-IOS Mod. Then you can reinstall Preloader from HBC.

Hope this helps.

~modmystuff~

samyswiny2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a bootmii installed at an ios. Homebrew channel will not load though so i cant reinstall anything.

Posts merged

Is there a way to open homebrew channel without accessing system menu other then preloader because preloader will not take me to the homebrew channel.

D

Deleted User

sounds like you are using the wrong hacks.ini file (different region), or possibly using sdhc? (info on this from old post said it can't use sdhc, so not sure about newer revisions).

Also when I last used preloader I think the hacks.ini file needs to be in the root of the SD card. (not sure where you got it, you say you put it in the preloader file, I assume folder?)

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
samyswiny2 said:
I have a bootmii installed at an ios. Homebrew channel will not load though so i cant reinstall anything. Try loading Bootmii IOS from Preloader(there should be an option).

Posts merged

Is there a way to open homebrew channel without accessing system menu other then preloader because preloader will not take me to the homebrew channel. Other then using Bootmii as boot2, no.

samyswiny2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is named Hacks.ini and it does have the right codes for my version. Im running 4.2e. The only thing i can seem to do is run an installable file which i have no idea on the file to use. Also if hacks.ini is not found does it corrupt the whole system menu?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure you installed the new JODI HBC and your Preloader looks for HAXX, or the other way around. Which version of HBC and which version of Preloader did you install? Alternatively, you could load a Bootmii/IOS forwarder from Preloader

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is named Hacks.ini and it does have the right codes for my version. Are you using Preloader or Priiloader?

Also, are you using Linux or Mac? If so, Preloader will not be able to read the hacks.ini file because of wrong linebreaks. However, Priiloader fixed this issue.

~modmystuff~

samyswiny2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now hacks.ini work but still does not fix the issue of the brick. I cant access my system menu. I installed preloader 0.29 and have had the lastest homebrew channel for a few months. I left ios 70 intact when i used dop ios mod so i dont know how the system menu became corrupted.

Posts merged

modmystuff said:
It is named Hacks.ini and it does have the right codes for my version. Are you using Preloader or Priiloader?

Also, are you using Linux or Mac? If so, Preloader will not be able to read the hacks.ini file because of wrong linebreaks. However, Priiloader fixed this issue.

~modmystuff~

Preloader. hacks.ini work fine i can change the settings if i load up the hacks section in preloader however cant access the system menu. I am running windows.

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
samyswiny2 said:
Now hacks.ini work but still does not fix the issue of the brick. I cant access my system menu. I installed preloader 0.29 and have had the lastest homebrew channel for a few months. Preloader 0.29 + JODI HBC = No access. I left ios 70 intact when i used dop ios mod so i dont know how the system menu became corrupted.

Posts merged

modmystuff said:

~modmystuff~

Preloader. hacks.ini work fine i can change the settings if i load up the hacks section in preloader however cant access the system menu. I am running windows.

Wait... Did you say that you can install/load a file under Preloader? If so, use the Priiloader 0.3b DOL file and install Priiloader. Then you can access the HBC.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try getting an older versionof the Hackmii Installer (HAXX) and install the HBC from preloader's boot dol option. Then you may be able to boot into HBC from preloader. I had to do that once myself.

samyswiny2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
modmystuff said:
samyswiny2 said:
Now hacks.ini work but still does not fix the issue of the brick. I cant access my system menu. I installed preloader 0.29 and have had the lastest homebrew channel for a few months. Preloader 0.29 + JODI HBC = No access. I left ios 70 intact when i used dop ios mod so i dont know how the system menu became corrupted.

Posts merged

modmystuff said:

~modmystuff~

Wait... Did you say that you can install/load a file under Preloader? If so, use the Priiloader 0.3b DOL file and install Priiloader. Then you can access the HBC.

Ok well ive downloaded priiloader but there is alot of different files. Could you tell me where they would need to be placed on the sd card.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
This installer/removal tool will install Priiloader v0.3(rev47 from svn , which is based on preloader 0.30).
It is also capable of updating
any previous version and can be installed over the top of an older install. There is also
a removal option that will restore your system menu and clean all traces of Priiloader
from your system.

Usage:

Press (+) to install or update Preloader.
Press (-) to remove Preloader and restore your system menu.
Hold Down (B) with any of the above options to use IOS249.
Press (HOME) to chicken out and quit the installer!

d popcorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you taken out the sd card from the wii and then switch it on with no sd card in
then preload will not boot
can you get into system with no sd card now ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I think it means something like one of these...