Gaming Just bought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a simple question. I just bought mario kart 8 and its telling me to update. Im on 3.0.0 and I just want to know if the update on the cartridge is for the console or for the game. Anyone know?

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's for the game. Latest FW any game comes with so far is 2.3.0 AFAIK, and that was Splat2n I believe. MK8D is probably only about 2.1.0, it released earlier.
And can OP simply skip such nag? Do they need to update the game by connecting to the internet? Is the cart simply unplayable without updating the console?

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can still play it, I just kind of figured if there was a way around it, why not do it (and before "you can always update the system" posts come). If not, then I'm fine.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And can OP simply skip such nag? Do they need to update the game by connecting to the internet? Is the cart simply unplayable without updating the console?
If you use certain DNS settings you can avoid system update nags but still get game updates and connect to eShop, I believe. They've been posted here before, perhaps someone will be kind enough to post them again.

EDIT: Primary and Secondary DNS set to: 173.155.238.217. I can't guarantee eShop and game updates will still work, but when I used these settings they did.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: yo