Hacking Just bought an Acekard 2i I need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gothbot6k
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,748
  • Replies Replies 19

Gothbot6k

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Sep 28, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
XP
43
Country
United States
Ok so I just got my Ackeard 2i i ordered from Digimartz and I got another Dsi since my old one broke. Well My new Dsi is currently on 1.4u. And no matter what I do with my firmware on the Acekard it wont work. I dont want to do the Danny Phantom Hack again because Last time I did the second I updated the firmware on the Acekard it got bricked and I dont want risk that again. Is there anything I can do to get My Acekard to work with my dsi 1.4 without the danny phantom hack?
 
Gothbot6k said:
Is there anything I can do to get My Acekard to work with my dsi 1.4 without the danny phantom hack?

Nope.

If you really don't like the Danny Phantom hack, you will either have to buy a DS Lite or buy the original games.

You previously owned an AK2i which you used the Danny Phantom hack on, and used because you knew it was required for the AK2i to be used on the DSi 1.4. So you really can't complain about having to use it again as you knew exactly what you were buying.

If the update bricks the Acekard, then it's very easily fixed.
 
tk_saturn said:
Gothbot6k said:
Is there anything I can do to get My Acekard to work with my dsi 1.4 without the danny phantom hack?

Nope.

If you really don't like the Danny Phantom hack, you will either have to buy a DS Lite or buy the original games.

You previously owned an AK2i which you used the Danny Phantom hack on, and used because you knew it was required for the AK2i to be used on the DSi 1.4. So you really can't complain about having to use it again as you knew exactly what you were buying.

If the update bricks the Acekard, then it's very easily fixed.
I used the danny phantom hacks about 3 months ago when it got bricked and figured they had fixed it since them. and what do you mean about unbricking the acekard?
 
Gothbot6k said:
I used the danny phantom hacks about 3 months ago when it got bricked and figured they had fixed it since them. and what do you mean about unbricking the acekard?

it was updated last month. This was presumably to address the 0% progress problem on some cards. Other than that there's nothing to suggest there's been any changes. I've run it on 8 cards, all of which worked. Many people used the original update with success.

There are two files in the archive, one updates a single card. The other can be used to update a bricked card, you need a second card to boot AKAIO in order to run the update and you then switch cards.
 
Rydian said:
No, one is to be run if you're updating on the DSL, and the other is to be run if you're updating on a DSi 1.3 or lower.

Nope.

One updates a single cart (the one which running it's on) and the other updates multiple carts. It will prompt you to eject the cart, and then reinsert it or insert another cart.

The second can either be used for mass updating carts or updating a cart which won't boot due to a previously failed update.

If you are updating a single cart then you should use ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds regardless if you are using a DSLite, DSi or DSPhat.
 
tk_saturn said:
Rydian said:
No, one is to be run if you're updating on the DSL, and the other is to be run if you're updating on a DSi 1.3 or lower.

Nope.

One updates a single cart (the one which running it's on) and the other updates multiple carts. It will prompt you to eject the cart, and then reinsert it or insert another cart.

The second can either be used for mass updating carts or updating a cart which won't boot due to a previously failed update.

If you are updating a single cart then you should use ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds regardless if you are using a DSLite, DSi or DSPhat.
So first of all can you link me to the downloads for the files and secondly if I use a ds lite should I still use the Dsi update tool?
 
Gothbot6k said:
So first of all can you link me to the downloads for the files and secondly if I use a ds lite should I still use the Dsi update tool?
Download Here

Yes use ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds unless you want to unbrick your bricked card, in which case use ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds instead.
 
Rydian said:
The acekard site links to this thread.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174523

The DSi file is for use on the DSi, and the DSL file is for use on the DSL.

Fuckwitt, I've used ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds on 8 Acekard 2i's. I performed this update on a DS lite. 2 of these were done this morning on a pair of cards delivered today from DX!

QUOTE(Chris_Skylock @ Aug 18 2009, 06:12 AM) if you have multiple acekard 2i, use the DSL version on a DS Lite to flash all your Acekard 2i without installing it on each microSD cards on each Acekard 2i. The DSL version will be in the DS LIte's RAM and just insert the rest of tthe acekard 2i you have for easy access on the update.

I hope i understood what Normatt said on his post.

The DSL version is used to unbrick the bricked acekard 2i when you used the DSi version. you must have another acekard 2i for it to be unbricked.
 
Woah there, there's no need to get so angry. :\

These are unofficial update files gathered from an other-language forum, and in the modding community, it's best to follow instructions as closely as possible to avoid any potential bricking or other problems.
 
Rydian said:
Woah there, there's no need to get so angry. :\

These are unofficial update files gathered from an other-language forum, and in the modding community, it's best to follow instructions as closely as possible to avoid any potential bricking or other problems.

You say follow the instructions, but you obviously haven't read them
Normmatt said:
NOTE: the dsl one can be used to salvage any bricked ak2i's caused by this update but must be used on a dsl or ds phat

Unofficial?

We all know it's Acekard who are behind them, who else would be able to write these for the Acekards? They would need have the Acekards internal firmware, internal memory layout etc and have a vested intrested in updating the Acekard to work with 1.4.

On 2009-08-04 Acekard put this on their website
QUOTE said:
"Do not update your DSi to 1.4

As all you known please do not update your DSi to 1.4. We’re working on it and please be patient. Thanks."
Then 14 days later Normmatt posts a firmware fix on here, who happens to be behind AKAIO and has contact with Acekard.

That's why Acekard link to Normmatt's post. They can't host the file themselves as it contains a portion of a commercial rom. It's the same reason these don't ship with the 1.4 update already installed.

QUOTE(ReddPaint @ Aug 18 2009, 03:41 AM)
As for the people who didn't know if they should flash their Acekard because it came from an unknown "Chinese" forum, who the hell do you think makes and services these flashcards, their team are THE CHINESE!!! they are just too smart to post "ak2ifw_update_14" any place on their site except maybe the forums which is a grey area loophole in which the party who is posting illegal content can be held liable for: "A VIOLATION OF SITE AGREEMENT"
wink.gif
wink.gif

The unknown "Chinese" could quite easily be Acekard's own forum which Normmatt does frequent.

It's exactly the same situation on the M3i where you have to find F_core.dat from sources other than M3adaptor.com
 
tk_saturn: You say follow the instructions, but you obviously haven't read them
Normmatt: NOTE: the dsl one can be used to salvage any bricked ak2i's caused by this update but must be used on a dsl or ds phat

I'm not arguing that it can be used to unbrick, what I'm arguing is that you said one file offers to update more carts while the other doesn't, when what I'm saying is that's not the difference between the files, the difference between them is that one is to run on the DSL while one is to run on the DSi (v1.3 or lower).
 
Rydian said:
tk_saturn: You say follow the instructions, but you obviously haven't read them
Normmatt: NOTE: the dsl one can be used to salvage any bricked ak2i's caused by this update but must be used on a dsl or ds phat

I'm not arguing that it can be used to unbrick, what I'm arguing is that you said one file offers to update more carts while the other doesn't, when what I'm saying is that's not the difference between the files, the difference between them is that one is to run on the DSL while one is to run on the DSi (v1.3 or lower).

That is wrong, BOTH run on a DS Lite, why don't you go and try it Einstein?

For updating a single cart ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new should be used. Because it doesn't require the cart to be ejected and reinserted, there's less chance of anything going wrong.

When you run ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new it takes you straight to the firmware update screen

IMG_3122.JPG


when you press start and the update is complete it gives you the following message:

IMG_3121.JPG


When you run ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new you get the following prompt:

IMG_3124.JPG


Eject the card, insert it again and press B and you get:

IMG_3125.JPG


Once you've performed the update you get the following message:

IMG_3126.JPG


ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new can without a shadow of a doubt be used for updating multiple carts, it clearly states "press START for the next card".

To get those messages i've just run both updates to completion on my DSLite, so it obviously does work.
 
You two need to get a room, seriously! OP just needed SIMPLE advice, that's all...no need to have a power struggle over who has the right to give the definitive answer
lecture.gif


@Gothbot6k, your "issue" (inc bricking AK2i) has been raised & answered in countless threads in this section. I'm not going to choose sides here, but tk_saturn seems to know what he's talking about. If still confused, start looking for the dozens of other threads that already have the new update fix linked.
 

Site & Scene News