Just bought an Acekard 2i I need help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Gothbot6k, Feb 13, 2010.

Feb 13, 2010
  1. Gothbot6k
    OP

Newcomer Gothbot6k Member

United States
    Ok so I just got my Ackeard 2i i ordered from Digimartz and I got another Dsi since my old one broke. Well My new Dsi is currently on 1.4u. And no matter what I do with my firmware on the Acekard it wont work. I dont want to do the Danny Phantom Hack again because Last time I did the second I updated the firmware on the Acekard it got bricked and I dont want risk that again. Is there anything I can do to get My Acekard to work with my dsi 1.4 without the danny phantom hack?

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Nope.

If you really don't like the Danny Phantom hack, you will either have to buy a DS Lite or buy the original games.

You previously owned an AK2i which you used the Danny Phantom hack on, and used because you knew it was required for the AK2i to be used on the DSi 1.4. So you really can't complain about having to use it again as you knew exactly what you were buying.

If the update bricks the Acekard, then it's very easily fixed.

3. Gothbot6k
    OP

United States
    I used the danny phantom hacks about 3 months ago when it got bricked and figured they had fixed it since them. and what do you mean about unbricking the acekard?

4. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    it was updated last month. This was presumably to address the 0% progress problem on some cards. Other than that there's nothing to suggest there's been any changes. I've run it on 8 cards, all of which worked. Many people used the original update with success.

There are two files in the archive, one updates a single card. The other can be used to update a bricked card, you need a second card to boot AKAIO in order to run the update and you then switch cards.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    No, one is to be run if you're updating on the DSL, and the other is to be run if you're updating on a DSi 1.3 or lower.

6. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Nope.

One updates a single cart (the one which running it's on) and the other updates multiple carts. It will prompt you to eject the cart, and then reinsert it or insert another cart.

The second can either be used for mass updating carts or updating a cart which won't boot due to a previously failed update.

If you are updating a single cart then you should use ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds regardless if you are using a DSLite, DSi or DSPhat.

7. Gothbot6k
    OP

United States
    So first of all can you link me to the downloads for the files and secondly if I use a ds lite should I still use the Dsi update tool?

8. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Download Here

Yes use ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds unless you want to unbrick your bricked card, in which case use ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds instead.

9. Rydian

United States
  10. tk_saturn

United Kingdom

11. Rydian

United States
    Woah there, there's no need to get so angry. :\

These are unofficial update files gathered from an other-language forum, and in the modding community, it's best to follow instructions as closely as possible to avoid any potential bricking or other problems.

12. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    The unknown "Chinese" could quite easily be Acekard's own forum which Normmatt does frequent.

It's exactly the same situation on the M3i where you have to find F_core.dat from sources other than M3adaptor.com

13. Rydian

United States
    tk_saturn: You say follow the instructions, but you obviously haven't read them
    Normmatt: NOTE: the dsl one can be used to salvage any bricked ak2i's caused by this update but must be used on a dsl or ds phat

I'm not arguing that it can be used to unbrick, what I'm arguing is that you said one file offers to update more carts while the other doesn't, when what I'm saying is that's not the difference between the files, the difference between them is that one is to run on the DSL while one is to run on the DSi (v1.3 or lower).

14. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    That is wrong, BOTH run on a DS Lite, why don't you go and try it Einstein?

For updating a single cart ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new should be used. Because it doesn't require the cart to be ejected and reinserted, there's less chance of anything going wrong.

When you run ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new it takes you straight to the firmware update screen

[​IMG]

when you press start and the update is complete it gives you the following message:

[​IMG]

When you run ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new you get the following prompt:

[​IMG]

Eject the card, insert it again and press B and you get:

[​IMG]

Once you've performed the update you get the following message:

[​IMG]

ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new can without a shadow of a doubt be used for updating multiple carts, it clearly states "press START for the next card".

To get those messages i've just run both updates to completion on my DSLite, so it obviously does work.

15. Rydian

United States
    Why are you being so angry about this? :\
    There's no need for the insults.

I haven't tried it because I don't have a DS Lite.

16. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    You two need to get a room, seriously! OP just needed SIMPLE advice, that's all...no need to have a power struggle over who has the right to give the definitive answer [​IMG]

@Gothbot6k, your "issue" (inc bricking AK2i) has been raised & answered in countless threads in this section. I'm not going to choose sides here, but tk_saturn seems to know what he's talking about. If still confused, start looking for the dozens of other threads that already have the new update fix linked.

17. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    I thought you liked Rydian? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2578047 [​IMG]

18. Rydian

United States
    Oh god, our secret affair, broadcast for the world...

At least you're not getting the sex tape! [​IMG]

19. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Looks like you picked him up on the rebound [​IMG] He's lucky I didn't recall that thread, or else I would've pounded the sucker even more!
    Anyway....it's Sunday - a day of relaxation, not anger. Amen.

20. Rydian

United States
    *nuzzle!* X3