I have one on 2.01, how would I update it to 3.18 and not the latest firmware?
here is a walk through or 3, http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=23013
or heres my guide, i laid it out a bit easier and will tell you how to update manually and get eCFW on it.
here is what you need to do:
- Go here http://zload.net/v2/archives/file/?id=2417593
and download the openCMA patch, now on your pc right click on the CMA tool in the bottom right corner and close it, or just goto task manager and shut it.
- Goto program files folder on the C:/ and find the sony cma folder, open the folder and get the patch for openCMA you downloaded and extract it all in there and write over anything it asks to do.
- Right hand click on the BAT file now in there and press run as administrator, this will patch CMA so you can use it offline meaning no asking to update
- Now is your vita activated with your PSN account? if yes go to the next step... if no.. go to settings on the vita and go to format and format the device, it will restart and all you need to do is follow the steps and log into the internet when asked and log into your PSN account (this is the only time you can activate your vita on an old firmware) and watch the intro video.
- Goto settings and put the vita into planemode and make sure wifi is switched off, RESTART the vita by holding the power button and pressing switch off, then when its off switch it on again.
- Next plug the vita into the PC and load the cma app on the vita screen, when you have pressed it, unplug the cable from the PC end and you will get an error screen pop up on your vita (LEAVE THIS ERROR SCREEN ALONE)
- Now take the cable and plug it into the ps3 (PS3 AND VITA MUST BE ON THE SAME ACCOUNT) and it will connect and the error will go leaving you with options to access the PS3 from the vita screen, go in and select the exploited game you already bought and downloaded and left in BUBBLE form on the PS3
- Send it over and then plug the cable back into the PC
- Go here http://zload.net/v2/archives/vita/
and find the TN-V exploit save file for the game you bought, make sure you find the 3.18 exploits as this is what you need even with 3.20...
- Extract the file you downloaded and navagate to my documents>PS VITA>PSAVEDATA>uygthg487236487(random chars)werhvb> ____this is where you need to extract that file to so it has its own folder that contains the exploit and other files like ULES5064 for example.
- Next download the psp FW 6.60 here http://zload.net/v2/archives/file/?id=2417922
and rename it 660.PBP and place this into the folder with the exploit files, (Make sure that file extensions on your pc is switched on so you can make sure the .PBP is all in upper case 660.PBP.
- Goto your vita which is wired into the pc and goto the CMA app on the vita
- Navigate to the pc/save folder and move the new files over
- Back out when done and load the exploit game up and trigger it, most times its holding the L or R bumper (i cant remember which) when loading the save up in the game or on the games splash screen as each exploit triggers differently to get to the install screen, you will only need to do this once, after that just trigger the exploit and you will go strait into epsp menu.
- You will get a black screen and some text, press down until you get to Advanced> then when that loads press Install, once its done back out and it will load you into the ePSP menus
from here you can look at installing roms/FTP apps for example and study how it works.
if you did this correct you should be able to go to this menu from the trigger exploit game any time you wish. Here is the lost of exploit games available to the public
at the bottom you will see the PS1 Loaders, this will work the same as the epsp exploits but will let you load directly into a menu to play PS1 Roms perfectly and way better then the ePSP part can, no slow downs etc..
id grab 1 ps1 loader and 1 normal exploit, ive written all this off the top of my head so if i missed something cut me some slack