Hacking Just bought a PS Vita phat, reccomendations?

aNILEator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tesco (A UK supermarket) seem to be doing crazy clearance sales on lots of gaming electronics recently (if you're lucky you may also be able to pick up wii u's for as low as £76), I picked up a vita 3g for £49, it's on 1.06 firmware.

I also own a psp-1000 so I'm not missing out on any psp game action (Also PPSSPP emulator is great!)

I don't do much travelling atm so I'm not too worried about portable emulators (Have an iPhone if I feel the itch... also 3DS)

I've just ordered the 5 Game Adventure mega pack because Uncharted and Tearaway look great.

But wondered if there was anything I should or shouldn't do to future proof myself for a Vita Hack/CFW I am completely new to the Vita scene, but fairly familiar with other scenes like PSP (have had hacked since 1.5), iPhone (jailbreaker since 3GS) and NDS/3DS (both have flashcards, made my own ysmenu packs etc before wood r4)

So essentially what would you recommend I do? Just update the vita via software update and enjoy the psn game downloads or update to some specific firmware etc etc

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to futureproof for potential hacks, stay on as low a firmware as possible. Sony added progressively stronger security measures at higher firmwares. I think even some devs working on native Vita stuff are still looking for consoles on low firmwares because it'd made it a somewhat easier job.

But odds are there won't be anything substantial for a long while yet, on the scale of years probably. Other than that the only really usable hacks available are for PSP mode, which I'd guess don't interest you already having a PSP.

If you want to update and just enjoy the games instead, definitely recommend getting PS+ if you don't already have it, instant game collection is great. Otherwise, keep an eye on wololo.net for any new hacking developments.

aNILEator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will do, I notice most games are indies I already own on PC whilst cool (I love well designed indie games) I already have them.

I Like the look of the exclusive titles the mega packs offer great value too. I'll keep an eye out for the 10 games 'kids' pack for littlebigplanet etc.

a killzone, resistance, army corps of hell, taikendo age of demons and soul sacrifice delta bundle would be perfect for me too.

I may just update and enjoy then as any future hacks will probably be aimed for whatever the current firmware is widely available and if you say it's years away, I may not even need to update the system to play any games I end up getting now so will be on whatever it updates to for a while, I'm more of a pc gamer + emulator currently so am more than satisfied with my libraries there too.

Will keep eye on wololo again (probably been 8 years since I did last!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D