Hacking Just Bought a M3 DS Simply

d3ltr33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok bought the M3 and a 1Gb kingston micro SD card from bamboogaming.com

I've formatted the SD card and installed the firmware. But i'm having major problems with it.

I've tried 3 or 4 different firmware and it makes no difference. I just did a test and it took me 24 attempts to load a game. And even then it was buggy.

One of the following usually happens.
- Hangs after initial loading screen
- Hangs at main screen.
- Hangs after i select "Games"
- Once i click on the .nds file, the loading bar appears and it will hang at an arbituary postion on the loading bar.
- After the loading bar goes away the screen will go black or white and stay like that.
- Rarely, it will even boot the file and freeze early in the start up.

Once i've eventually got it running, i'm still having graphics issues in game.

I went on the kingston website and verified that i've got a genuine SD card.

What is going wrong here? Is there a way for me to test for faults in either the SD card or the M3?

Thanks for your help.

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your roms are CLEAN and not corrupted? Did you use the roms on another device? Try re-downloading the rom. Other than those suggestions, i don't know what else it could be. I have never had this problem.

leoedin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it's not an issue with the roms, then it'll be an issue with the M3 or the card. If it's not an issue with the card, then it'll be an issue with the M3.

Test the card: Grab http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index...?request=HdTach. See what benchmark you get. Ratings on the GBATemp wiki indicate between 5 and 10MB/s is what you should get. If it's really slow, then that may be the issue.

Otherwise, it's probably your M3. Try the latest firmware, and contact the place you bought it to see if you can get a replacement (otherwise contact danny at [email protected] and ask him for a warranty replacement - I had my M3 replaced for the cost of postage to HK (about £4) last year).

Good luck!

d3ltr33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure your roms are CLEAN and not corrupted? Did you use the roms on another device? Try re-downloading the rom. Other than those suggestions, i don't know what else it could be. I have never had this problem.

I'm pretty positive it has nothing to do with the roms. Because alot of times it'll crash before i've even selected a rom to run. E.G. Crash at main screen or not load the firmware at all.

Test the card: Grab http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index...?request=HdTach. See what benchmark you get. Ratings on the GBATemp wiki indicate between 5 and 10MB/s is what you should get. If it's really slow, then that may be the issue.

Using the usb reader that came with the M3 i got 10.1 MBps. Using the SD card adapter that came with the micro SD and an SD card reader, i got 7.5 MBps.

leoedinOtherwise, it's probably your M3. Try the latest firmware, and contact the place you bought it to see if you can get a replacement (otherwise contact danny at [email protected] and ask him for a warranty replacement - I had my M3 replaced for the cost of postage to HK (about £4) last year).

Good luck!

I got it from bamboogaming.com so i'll have to shoot them an e-mail. I'd like to know for certain that it's the M3 or the SD tho.

Once i eventually get it running, one of the roms will work perfectly for a while, maybe 10 minutes, then it will start having graphics issues and then it will crash. I MAY be able to borrow a micro SD from somewhere to test. I sure hope i get this figured out soon.

leoedin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Check the connections between the M3 and the DS.

Check for dirt on the contacts of the M3, and if you can, use a penlight to see if theres much dirt in the DS. Use air (canned or with a blower) and blow into the DS slot. Make sure everything is clean. Open up the M3 (one screw). Make sure theres no dirt anywhere. See if you can blow something into the microSD slot (once it's open it's easier to access).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I was from the get-go when I joined lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, what's the gecko?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm you corrected it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Means from the beginning, so what I said here, was that I was into retro stuff from the beginning when and before I joined.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    For some reason, it's sometimes spelt incorrectly.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, so you like retro stuff since you were a kid
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes, ever since I was born. Into computers and game consoles.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I had a PS1, PS2, Wii, and many more that takes longer to list without scowering through my stuff, just to name a few.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall using the internet since i was about 4 yrs old (mainly just to watch YouTube and play browser games)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And yea I had a PS2 and a 3ds too but you know what happenned to them
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, What happened?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, both broke, and my PS2 was sent to be repaired but we never got it back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I though you already knew about my 3ds tho
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw @SylverReZ do you remember this video?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm off to bed, have a good night.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sleep well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wut
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    what's that
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    panda spotting in chat
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I'm getting sleepy even though it's fairly early
  • pball79 @ pball79:
    Hey guys, where's the post that has all the wii u themes?
    pball79 @ pball79: Hey guys, where's the post that has all the wii u themes?