Hacking Just bought 2 flash carts - any good and what do I update them to?

Joybuzzer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought two used R4 cards, and when I plug them into my DSI (v1.4.3u) they show up as "ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER THQ" and clicking them just leads to a message saying an error has occurred.

I confirmed the WIFI R4 as being authentic via its website. Is the yellow card authentic too?

Which of these cards is better to use? Are they any good in the first place?

I'm guessing that to get them to work they need to be updated or something. I haven't the foggiest how/what to update them to. I've gone from thread to thread and just keep getting more and more confused. The cards' own websites are hard to decipher. What's the best update for each of them?

Any help is sincerely appreciated. Thank you. :)

Attachments

• onepic.jpg
    onepic.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 288
  • twopic.jpg
    twopic.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 268

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Joybuzzer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't even know Flash Carts existed until I was offered them today when I was buying some other DS games. I got them both cheap, so I figured it was worth trying out.

Are they at least decent enough to reliably play games once updated? Anyone have personal experience with either?

Thanks.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly running cloned Wood R4 firmware, which is "passable" but by no means the best thing out there. Both cards are amazingly bad though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool