Hacking just a question if this is possiable

hjfbv1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well what i think would be a cool app would be something like xlink on the wii, in otherwords a way to play single-player games that support muli play but dont give an online option, such as mario party 8, or wii sports.
just sugesting this, i have no clue how hard it would be to do something like this in truth i dont even know if this is possable. but i think itd be cool to do
tongue.gif

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
exactly. xlink uses the system link option only, it doesn't magically add network support. that would have to be done on the game level, it's not something you can just tack on from the outside.

hjfbv1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool thx for info

wait wait wait, i just rembered. they have it for gamecube, ps2, and xbox/xbox360 aswell
i dont think that they connect system link. (specialy not GC)

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been documented extensively.

The problem is that as games become more elaborate, so do the programming and resources involved. AI, collision, and various other concepts that go into simulation engines are unable to be synchronized by any practical means outside of the actual programming.

In a game like Mario Party, this could provide you with up to four different outcomes -- one for each player.

Emulating the controller and transmitting the A/V through a VNC is the most reliable option, but latency poses an issue.

However, this is something that can be done now... provided you can devise a hardware solution for the controller.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hjfbv1 said:
cool thx for info

wait wait wait, i just rembered. they have it for gamecube, ps2, and xbox/xbox360 aswell

Kirby's Air Ride... the Gamecube had 3 or 4 games that used the Ethernet adapter.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
hjfbv1 said:
cool thx for info

Kirby's Air Ride... the Gamecube had 3 or 4 games that used the Ethernet adapter.

Double Dash also supported LAN play, which they were able to extend to internet play via Warp Pipe... but that would be using pre-existing code -- not emulating multiplayer over the internet.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kirby Air Ride, Double Dash, and 1080 Avalanche are all of the games that support the LAN adapter. would it be possible to hack PSO to run off the wii's wi-fi to allow online play on the unofficial servers?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
Kirby Air Ride, Double Dash, and 1080 Avalanche are all of the games that support the LAN adapter. would it be possible to hack PSO to run off the wii's wi-fi to allow online play on the unofficial servers?

Uh, I believe someone answered a similar question like this already.... but I'll say it again: GC games don't have access to Wii hardware.

If you want to play PSO, do so on your computer -- it's a lot better anyway.

hjfbv1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
accualy if they come up with a iso loader to load gc games while in wii mode then i guess it could be possiable, but i doubt anyone would waste time working on that

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hjfbv1 said:
accualy if they come up with a iso loader to load gc games while in wii mode then i guess it could be possiable, but i doubt anyone would waste time working on that

For the minimal amount of support the Ethernet adapter recieved, it isn't worth it.

Not to mention, you'd have to emulate the Ethernet adapter over WiFi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk