• Replies 194
  • Likes 4

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Fuck that, so obviously biased this 'court' towards the own company. The only loser here is the consumer, us.
The more competition there is and big players there are in the mobile world, the better, this is just a disgrace. I hope loads of people hear of this and hopefully it damages Apple a lot more than 1 billion dollar.
I hope for that as well, crapple doesn't deserve to win and I hope it finally shows its fanboys that they are a childish, selfish, greedy and stealing company.
Neither side is good anyway. Apple is simply abusing the use of patents, while Samsung indeed copied parts of iOS into their modified Android OS.

Samsung never needed to copy these iOS things into the software at all. Heck Galaxy Nexus uses a true Android OS and it had no issues anyway

Apple abuses patents. The slide to unlock and related stuff are already so common and they still want to make a huge fuss over it. They are especially aggressive towards Samsung because Samsung is evolving to be a potentially serious rival. They must think of the consequences too. Well, many Apple products are all bits and bits from other companies formed together anyway.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
this is also really unfair. the way the calculations are done means that if apple would have sued them later on, they could have gotten even more.

that means that as if they were waiting for the right time to sue them so that they get "enough" dough

it should have been based on the patent and not the number of devices. law...

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck that, so obviously biased this 'court' towards the own company. The only loser here is the consumer, us.
The more competition there is and big players there are in the mobile world, the better, this is just a disgrace. I hope loads of people hear of this and hopefully it damages Apple a lot more than 1 billion dollar.
I hope for that as well, crapple doesn't deserve to win and I hope it finally shows its fanboys that they are a childish, selfish, greedy and stealing company.
Neither side is good anyway. Apple is simply abusing the use of patents, while Samsung indeed copied parts of iOS into their modified Android OS.

Samsung never needed to copy these iOS things into the software at all. Heck Galaxy Nexus uses a true Android OS and it had no issues anyway

Apple abuses patents. The slide to unlock and related stuff are already so common and they still want to make a huge fuss over it. They are especially aggressive towards Samsung because Samsung is evolving to be a potentially serious rival. They must think of the consequences too. Well, many Apple products are all bits and bits from other companies formed together anyway.
Neither side is good but in this instance Samsung is by far the lesser of 2 evils actually in comparison Samsung looks like a hero for standing up to the evil crapple and their attempts to dominate the market with their overpriced rubbish products oh and their bribed legal team.

They're only aggressive towards Samsung because Samsung actually makes cheaper and better products than crapple is currently selling and is doing better than them in the smart phone market without the need to try and hype up a sub par product and relying on the same group of fanboys.

Reactions: 1 person

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
apparently the jury was given a list of around 600 questions they had to answer, and it was thought that they wouldn't be done for something around 2 weeks.
they finished in 48 hours.
a jury of Americans from Silicon Valley in a case against a Korean company?
k then unbiased

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple = the only company who wants you to buy their products, even if it means systematically obliterating the competition by any means necessary. Seriously, I hated that company before, but after hearing about the one-sided verdict, I have strong abhorrence towards them as a company. Not only do they haunt every corner of the earth, but they're hellbent on making sure anyone who's anyone buys their products and no one else's. Severely overpriced, overrated phones, computers and MP3 players that have the exact same features as everyone else? Oh, where can I get these marvelous devices?!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Steve Jobs corrupted Apple harsh. They used to be good. Honestly. But ever since they got into the phone market and the whole touch generation, they've quickly become the hernia in the ass.

I never cared for the guy anyways to be honest, ya he made good products, but he was still a dick who didn't care about the consumer, and now he's rubbing off onto Apple.

Reactions: 4 people

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if the creator of Unix will sue Apple over their use of it in OS X and iOS - he'd have about as much claim as Apple did here.
Oh, hang on. He can't. Because he died the same month as Jobs, but because he didn't care for fame and adoration, no-one in the wider world noticed.

Reactions: 2 people

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Samsung deserved it and by the reads of these posts you guys never read the evidence against samsung. Samsung is absolute evil and while they may give you waht appears to be cheaper products they do it at the expense of others. Apple spends a lot of money on design. Even the tiniest elements get consideration and designers and developers get payed well for such things. Samsung highers copy cats to rip off all this elements into their own products and "compete" according to you people. Where does that leave the creative people that work on all these? Why cant samsung higher an equaly creative team? Is it because they would have to charge as much as apple to cover their costs? How is that competition?

I always hated samsung long before their battles with apple. They are a crappy company and im glad tgey got hit. Patents in this case arent hindering progress. Samsung is. They didn't quite lose to patents. Apple showed strong evidence of overall brand dressing with all the things they copied. Just imagine if korea came up with a korean counter part to every musician the west has. Thats what samsung is.

The fact is that this site i simply full of apple haters and it is not based on true operations of the companies, it is only based on the final cost to you. Samsung could be running slave mines to build cheap components and you people would condemned others for being more expensive for not doing the same. And thats just it. You guys just want cheap not matter who the real losers are.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Samsung deserved it and by the reads of these posts you guys never read the evidence against samsung. Samsung is absolute evil and while they may give you waht appears to be cheaper products they do it at the expense of others. Apple spends a lot of money on design. Even the tiniest elements get consideration and designers and developers get payed well for such things. Samsung highers copy cats to rip off all this elements into their own products and "compete" according to you people. Where does that leave the creative people that work on all these? Why cant samsung higher an equaly creative team? Is it because they would have to charge as much as apple to cover their costs? How is that competition?

I always hated samsung long before their battles with apple. They are a crappy company and im glad tgey got hit. Patents in this case arent hindering progress. Samsung is. They didn't quite lose to patents. Apple showed strong evidence of overall brand dressing with all the things they copied. Just imagine if korea came up with a korean counter part to every musician the west has. Thats what samsung is.

The fact is that this site i simply full of apple haters and it is not based on true operations of the companies, it is only based on the final cost to you. Samsung could be running slave mines to build cheap components and you people would condemned others for being more expensive for not doing the same. And thats just it. You guys just want cheap not matter who the real losers are.

I am sorry... your entire post reeks of Apple fanboism. Please go buy more Apple products in celebration and leave the sane people talk.

;)

Reactions: 3 people

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will do.

But you have to admit that every article that makes apple look bad show up here in no time no matter how unimportant. Yet the samsung internal document surfaced weeks ago and no one here even mentioned it. You may call me a fanboy but i didnt make a thread about it. Yet if it was an apple internal document incriminitating apple you'd all be aover it like flies on shit. So call me an apple fanboy but you guys are at fox mews level when it comes to being biased. I read all the previous threads here about apple and i didnt even bother to reply because the fact is tgat you are more fanatic than i could ever be

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

If you like overpriced sub par rubbish that is destroying the industry then your etitiled to your opinion even though its bullshit and its wrong. Crapple didn't actually invent anything don't believe me watch the 1st video below and yet they in their vain attempt to make money steal from others and then sue the people stole from just to rub it in. In the technology world crapple isn't a hero or an innovator they're noting more than the schoolyard bully who and when someone stands up to them instead of doing things better they rather kill the competition so they don't have to think of anything new or better a good example is their new and oh so "innovative" crapos5 which just stole features from Android and you don't see Google acting like a spoiled little brat.

Also for your attack on Korean music, let me just say that atleast they're more bloody creative then the mainstream shit the west call "music". Typical fanboys. Can't think of any real arguments so they resort to cheap racism instead that reminds me of a company that wants to ruin technology with their overprice sub par rubbish but I forgot its name...what was it...you know the one that Steve jobs guy was working at....I recall they made this thing called an icrap or something but i'm sure they love to restrict and force people to use a horrible program called...wow my memory is bad today what was it....oh yes it was tunerestriction or waste of hard-drive space, oh well I seem to remember they tried to make a shit phone that makes doing simple tasks extremely difficult, ah I remember this is apple I was talking about you know the american company the one that is trying to stop anyone from buying phones that actually work properly and easily without the need to navigate through menu after menu after menu to do simple tasks, see here

Reactions: 3 people

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I facepalmed so hard from reading this I now am suffering from a permanent concussion. Let me get this straight, by Apple suing Samsung (and other companies who get in their path of world domination) for infringing their "patents" (read: trolling), it makes it fair competition to other companies and any potential customers who wish to buy affordable non-Apple phones? Sounds like unfair advantage to me, you know, like dynamite fishing.

I always hated samsung long before their battles with apple. They are a crappy company and im glad they got hit. Patents in this case aren't hindering progress. Samsung is. They didn't quite lose to patents. Apple showed strong evidence of overall brand dressing with all the things they copied. Just imagine if Korea came up with a Korean counter part to every musician the west has. Thats what samsung is.

Again, flawed logic; patents are only created to prevent anyone from being coming up with their own ideas. They protect the company in question sure, but let's say Company A patents a GUI for an OS that's streamlined and uses a grid system for icons, it gets popular, and everyone grows to love it. A few years pass and Company B designs a GUI for their own OS that shares similarities in how it looks, but isn't a blatant ripoff. Company A gets butthurt and starts bellyaching that Company B stole their ideas. All hell breaks loose, Company A wins and potential customers end up getting limited choices in what OS they want in their phones. Hmm, limited choices, you-have-to-this, you-have-to-use-that attitudes. Gee, where have I heard that before? I don't know, the USSR?

The fact is that this site is simply full of apple haters and it is not based on true operations of the companies, it is only based on the final cost to you. Samsung could be running slave mines to build cheap components and you people would condemned others for being more expensive for not doing the same. And thats just it. You guys just want cheap not matter who the real losers are.

O RLY? The blatantly obvious Apple-worshiper arrogance is strong with this one. I bet you anything you own a MacBook Pro and use it to play "games".

Well, too frikin' bad for you, I'm siding with Just Another Gamer on this one.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nando, if you honestly believe that Samsung is just a company that steals and repackages that cheaper then you are just an idiot. To prove my point just look at the design story behind the Galaxy SIII:

Sure I won't disagree that past iterations of TouchWiz had a lot of similarities with iOS, but that's just taking good ideas and improve upon. TouchWiz in it's current shape is nothing like iOS at all and becomes better and more intuitive to use with every new version.

Don't forget that Samsung always delivers top-notch hardware which lasts years and which is far ahead of competition, while Apple releases outdated hardware which will feel laggy with the next iteration of iOS (S2 was more powerful than the 4S for example and I have no doubt that the S3 will be better than the iPhone 5 in terms of specs as well).

Also, isn't the iPhone 5 going to hop on the bandwagon which is called bigger screens (if we can believe the rumors that is)? Guess which company made that viable. Samsung promoted bigger screens and well, the public loves them. Every brand nowadays has huge screens although you can argue that LG goes a bit over board with their LG Vu (same idea as the Galaxy Note, but square instead of rectangular).

Does this mean that Samsung is suing all of those companies? Will it sue Apple when it releases said phone? No, they won't (even though I want them too). Because atleast they acknowledge that competition only leads to more innovation and in the end benefits themselves and the customer for delivering better products.

I'm actually looking forward to their presentation in September where they will introduce the iPhone 5 and praise it's thin design, bigger screen, 5x5 icons and most noteably dated hardware that is way too overpriced as the new holy grail which they invented.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Many of you are showing pure android fanboyism and don't even know it/are doing it on purpose.

Apple didn't exactly invent everything (that's true) but most of the things I read are just impactful bashing and bashing.

Mods please lock this thread.

although it is true that ever since the Cook days Apple has been going down like fk

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Many of you are showing pure android fanboyism and don't even know it/are doing it on purpose.

Apple didn't exactly invent everything (that's true) but most of the things I read are just impactful bashing and bashing.

Mods please lock this thread.

although it is true that ever since the Cook days Apple has been going down like fk

No, the thread will stay open. Discussion has been civil this far. Well, at least more civil than your average Apple vs. The World thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters