GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh mkay.
im so stupid
sleep.gif

oh and am i not supposed to trim the rom after patching it?

D

Deleted User

OP
tinymonkeyt said:
oh mkay.
im so stupid
sleep.gif

oh and am i not supposed to trim the rom after patching it?
another super hint : try to read faq topics.

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the latest dev patch (march 8), I got a freeze after the first round of Deathmatch in ranking mode... When the list of achievements started rolling down, that's when it froze.

squeakypants

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick thanks to you guys working on this! I'm on Tutorial 3 right now and loving it! I've always wanted to play this game, but it takes the fun out to have to read a translation guide and such. This is done extremely well so far, thanks for everything!!!

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me report a high priority translation error:

- Planet Jungle King Ta-Chan: Mission 1-2
It reads: "KO 1 opponent with a special attack"
It should be: "KO 1 opponent with an opposing nature attack"

Took me a long while to figure out this, needed to check a faq.

And a little sugestion on the missions that asks for a specific attack to be used, its VERY vague and confused a lot of people who are playing around my region.
I think a nice way of doing it would be just call the mission name by the attack name, and the command and character in description.

Ie:

Mission X: The Return of Father's Smash
Description: Use Bobo-bo Bo-Bobo's UP+Y attack at every opponent

Mission X: Devil Ghost Bat
Description: Use Sena's support attack at every opponent

And so on...

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You guys don't understand how that game works

it s impossible for me to change the value that you have metioned

Because the game recall some line so if i put one of your change, it ll change all mission with the same text !

when we first edit rulmess, we ve encounter some major bugs so we have made the choice of removing the part of the text that freeze the game
this part was the context of the mission (check in the original game you ll see some text between brakets that doesn't appears in the patched version)

for sena devil ghost bat, the attack is explains in character sheet
for ta-chan, ill change the title of the mission (if i can)
for return of father smash, there is a previous father smash mission in bo-bobo world and in this one i ve explained that you need to use up+Y attack

sorry but we re limited by the game code

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
geunt said:
You guys don't understand how that game works

it s impossible for me to change the value that you have metioned

Because the game recall some line so if i put one of your change, it ll change all mission with the same text !

when we first edit rulmess, we ve encounter some major bugs so we have made the choice of removing the part of the text that freeze the game
this part was the context of the mission (check in the original game you ll see some text between brakets that doesn't appears in the patched version)

for sena devil ghost bat, the attack is explains in character sheet
for ta-chan, ill change the title of the mission (if i can)
for return of father smash, there is a previous father smash mission in bo-bobo world and in this one i ve explained that you need to use up+Y attack

sorry but we re limited by the game code
i think it will be clearer if you change the description from:

"using a specific attack...."

to

"using THE SPECIFIED attack..."

though. and then put the attack name in the title like Devil Ghost Bat.

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i ve seen your previous post mixinluv2u and i have planified to do this
smile.gif

for attack names in title ..... thats i ve already do, Father smash is the name of the UP+Y attack fom bobobo (yes the thing in is hands is really his father ... this character is REALLY stupid...)

For ta-chan ... i'm not sure i can .... if i remember, it s a point battle or a deatchmatch mission ...
I m gonna check this later

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally was able to check it out with my cleanups from the intro, they still need some work, I'll get on in this week.

Also, menu/buttons are going to be translated? I'm assuming the intros to the different worlds are movie/video files... but if the source is available could we re-create them in English?

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
mixinluv2u said:
i wonder how they made it clear in Japanese...

QUOTE(geunt @ Mar 18 2008, 07:26 AM) when we first edit rulmess, we ve encounter some major bugs so we have made the choice of removing a part of the text that freeze the game

Example of text that has been removed :

Hit evryone with bobobo fathers smash (UP+Y) for achieve mission goals

or

Dragon balls are evrywhere in this level gathers them all to win the match

Original text appears betxeen brackets just before mission generic objectives

like i ve explained, this text was hard coded (like commwin message text) so if we used it we have a big space matters (only few characters ...less than 15)
So it ll be very difficult to bring all the text in this part
We have try and we choose to removed that part and try to modify a little mission names and objectives for keeping the sense

BTW
i think i m gonna release a new patch this weekend if i ve got enough time to gathers all the last fix (text and komas)

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see, Genut, but anyway, these attack specific missions would be just some perfectionism, they arent actually wrong, so i wouldnt stress too much about it.

The misstranslation at Jungle King Ta Chan is what really would get a lot of people stuck, is that possible to change?
I forgot to add, that mission is the 1st one, a deathmatch.

You can see that something is wrong because one of the goals is to make at least 2 special KOs, and that gets cleared, so how could a "get at least 1 special KOs" not be cleared?
Thats when i decided to check a faq and saw that its actually 1 oposing nature KO.

Ps: i confirmed that the J-Arena crash is really random, it was just a coincidence that it happened at round 7th for me and more people, but any round can crash. It can be avoided by skipping both result screens really fast.

Anyway, awesome work. You really brought an AAA DS game to life with this project
smile.gif

tilopud_rye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know what's causing the problem with the patch on the DSTT. Patched ROMS do work with the DSTT- I tried the translated Daigasso Brothers. The problem is within the game itself...
When you use the cleanROM there is a place where you get that same white frozen screen: It happens when you go to the Wi-Fi settings- you can edit and save the settings, but when you try to go back to the game it freezes into the same white screen. Could be a relation? But the DSTT is capable of playing patched ROMS.

buckweed187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i still can't get this to work dump comes out empty can someone tell where i'm prob going wrong or a guild that a noob could follow would be great.

thanks to anyone that replys

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Genut, i found the very same translation error at another planet as well:

J-Blackhole -> Planet X -> Mission 4 -> Goal 3

Its translated as "Make at least 1 special KO", and it should be "Make 1 oposing nature KO".
Again, it can be noticed by the fact that there is a "Make at least 2 special KO" goal that gets completed, while the 1st one asking for 1 special KO, doesn't.

D

Deleted User

OP
buckweed187 said:
i still can't get this to work dump comes out empty can someone tell where i'm prob going wrong or a guild that a noob could follow would be great.

thanks to anyone that replys
Rather than a guild you can enlist to the Cult of the Great Noobish : it involves burning manuals and faqs, and using special scripts to prevent anyone from actually using the search function on a forum or even a search engine to try to look by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Dont forget your meds. +1