ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

macherie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure no release date at the moment, let's leave it at that and wait until the team calls upon us, the community to help.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya what's the google pages? and also, I'm kinda confused about this. All of the things on the site i saw were 100% done. Some even said wierd thigns like 160% If this ever does get finished, how do you compile a nds game?

macherie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The google pages are only given to the main team that are working on it now, to probably avoid unnecessary spreading of the information there. I dont think the unitychrist site is still being used, i think all the information there has been transferred to the google pages.

When they complete this, it won't be a game, instead it will be a patch that will edit the original game and change the files with the ones in the patch.

Hope that helps clear your confusion

macherie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL don't worry, i'm quite the computer newbie too, especially in the area of handheld gaming xD

From what i've seen in the "Wonderful world" thread, it appears they have a program 'patcher' where you download it, run it and i suppose select the directory with the original ROM and it somehow fixes/changes the files to the ones edited in the patch. That's just a wild guess though. =)

Gorzki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Macherie, I'm pretty sure you're wrong, lol. You cannot patch the game. Patching, is taking the existing game(the cartridge) and updating it. There is no way to get info from the computer, to that cart, and, as far as I know, they cannot be written to. What will 99% most likely be happening, is they will release the .nds ROM for download, translated. MEANING, you will need a flash cart to play it. Of course, you're only supposed to download that ROM if you own the game in real life of course, for legal reasons >.>

WasabiClock - If your DS flash cart supports wifi play, then yes, it will work on wifi. All they are doing is changing the text and look of the game, not the core game its self.

Anyone working on the project, please correct me if I'm wrong!

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Macherie, I'm pretty sure you're wrong, lol. You cannot patch the game. Patching, is taking the existing game(the cartridge) and updating it. There is no way to get info from the computer, to that cart, and, as far as I know, they cannot be written to. What will 99% most likely be happening, is they will release the .nds ROM for download, translated. MEANING, you will need a flash cart to play it. Of course, you're only supposed to download that ROM if you own the game in real life of course, for legal reasons >.>

MacherieFrom what i've seen in the "Wonderful world" thread, it appears they have a program 'patcher' where you download it, run it and i suppose select the directory with the original ROM and it somehow fixes/changes the files to the ones edited in the patch.

I hope that cleared it up for you.

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will this work on wifi?

yes, i'm about 99% sure that this will work on Wi-Fi
biggrin.gif

geunt, or any major workers on the project, can you clarify this?

dalc789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason it wouldn't work on wifi (i believe) is if they screw something up while editing the text in the wifi menus.

wiki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What will 99% most likely be happening, is they will release the .nds ROM for download, translated. MEANING, you will need a flash cart to play it.

Don't think they will release the .nds ROM here as you're not allowed to post ROMs on this site. It would be safer to just release the patch. Even if they did, it would be a waste of bandwidth for both those who already have the ROM and those who will be hosting it on their private servers.

Of course, any random can apply the patch to the ROM and host it on rapidshare, however i doubt the guy's behind the translation will be publicly releasing the translated ROM here.

shadowedness

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually it is possible to patch the game. This involves using a ROM though which you must obtain elsewhere. Once you have the ROM, there are certain programs that apply patches for you. I know this to be true as I did it for a load of GBA ROM which I edited myself to change storylines etc. All you need are the ROM, the right program, which I can't find for DS ROMs, and the patch itself.

lukeh08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it is possible to patch the game. This involves using a ROM though which you must obtain elsewhere. Once you have the ROM, there are certain programs that apply patches for you. I know this to be true as I did it for a load of GBA ROM which I edited myself to change storylines etc. All you need are the ROM, the right program, which I can't find for DS ROMs, and the patch itself.

dont listen to this noob 1 poster *cough* laugh
nyanya.gif

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
@Gorzki: There is a small legal loophole in this case... because the game has no official international release there is no copyright infringement unless you are a legal resident of Japan. So owning the ROM for a game that you could not readily purchase is not illegal... maybe not morally correct, but not illegal.

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gorzki: There is a small legal loophole in this case... because the game has no official international release there is no copyright infringement unless you are a legal resident of Japan. So owning the ROM for a game that you could not readily purchase is not illegal... maybe not morally correct, but not illegal.
You're wrong. You probably got your little theory from how anime fansub groups / distributors work.

Copyright infringement occurs upon copying/selling other's creative work when you do not have a right to do so (generally speaking).

Reason why fansubbers don't spend their days in slammer is becouse only copyright holder may start a lawsuit or take some other legal action.
As we all know, Jap companies don't give a damn about market outside of Asia. Once some western company buys rights to anime and licenses it, they are legally copyright holders and are free to land a lawsuit upon fansubbers. This is one of the reasons why fansub groups don't do licensed anime/manga.

JUS translation will be released as patch, I am almost 100% certain of it. Releasing a pre-patched ROM would pose an unnecessary risk and is a good way to waste bandwidth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work