ROM Hack Jump Ulimate Stars Translation Project

Jkeeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
congrats on the sticky. if you need help with the corrections i will gladly help. I'm familiar with most of the manga on the game.

ngiahz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%...n&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Some of these translations are actually quite accurate. Navigate through the numbers on the bottom. I think you can actually figure out what some lines are saying.

Freezes. As for the partner whom it touches in freezing!
- I think thats an almost obvious line you can translate easily. There's a lot more that have pretty scrambled but recognizable descriptions
biggrin.gif

I might work on this even if i have no understanding of Japanese. Unless the leaders dont like the idea of using google translate.

im no leader, just a fellow translator and i hate the idea of machine translations. but it looks like people have already started doing it... hopefully this doesnt cause a problem downstream. i can already see people complaining about the quality of the translation in the future

oh yea, yay sticky!

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yai! Finally we get stickied!

Just wanted to let you guys that I'll be working on cleaning the translations this whole weekend (a little at a time) and that I'll ignore that voice in my head that tells me that machine translations are bad and therefore won't oppose anyone who uses it to help the project as long as you guys take care that one phrase is consistent with the following and the previous one and also to use common sense here: if a phrase just looks bad, leave it blank for another translator to do it.

Aso: I need help about phrases 1 and 2 in file ability_t.bin, preferably fro someone who has played the game: Does anyone know why phrase #1 says Nothing and #2 is blank? It looks like it's some kind of guide for the moves in the game and the first one is... nothing? Can anyone come up with an explanation or a more suitable translation?

Oh! One last thing: myClock, I like your signature
wink.gif

Zanza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they said that it will be completed around October/November...

these guys will become legendary in the rom world after this project....i can see it
biggrin.gif

about, google and babel fish....i don't think that they should be used cuz for example it translates the name Kenshin into Sword heart (the literal meaning) and does that to other japanese names....but thats just my opinion

@ myclock....awesome signature

Zanza

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cleaning report: ability_t.bin

All right, in this kind of reports I will list all the problems I'm having cleaning the translated files in the hope that someone can help fix them before they are passed on to a corrector for the finishing touch. First I will write the number of the phrase with problems for easier reference. The good thing is that I think in some cases we won't even need the help of a Japanese - English translator, but almost anyone who has played the game will be able to help.

34 to 50 need to be re-translated.

58 to 63 two different translations are given and their meaning is different:
Heavy Weight Class: The range of attacks and such becomes shorter.
or
Heavy Weight Class: When attacked, the distance you are thrown is decreased.

Light Weight Class: When attacked, the distance you are thrown is increased.
or
Light Weight Class: When striking the enemy, they'll be thrown farther.

86 need a better name for this ability (penetrating?):
Penetrating: The ability to see enemies with invisible powers on your screen.

100 need a better name for this ability, composure:
composure: If you are standing still without doing anything, your special gauge will fill up to an approach where it will continue to fill up until you do an action.

104 to 120 All these phrases are incomplete and need to be re-translated. I think they can be completed by anyone who's played the game, so I encourage everyone to sign up at the site crisistunity.com/JUSTP/crisistunity.com/JUSTP/ and do it themselves.

Well, so this was our first cleaning report (expect at least 22 more to come). As you see, a lot of work has been done (today we hit 213 translators) but there's still a lot more, so I don't know what you guys are waiting for to volunteer for correcting. Remember that all you have to do is post including wich manga and anime you are most familiar with and have a Google account or be wiling to get one (registering is easy and you won't receive a lot of spam as you do when you are in Hotmail). To sum it all up: ANYONE CAN HELP US FIX THESE ERRORS and WE'RE STILL HIRING CORRECTORS so no more begging, ok?

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand the process but, does that mean there's only 3 key things that have to be completed before the translation is complete?

Also, what does it mean for the things that are over 100%?

I'm really glad this is being done seeing as how there's no other way to play it in English. You guys are doing a great thing, keep it up.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No one is working on the errors I reported yesterday even though I said that you didn't need to speak Japanese in order to do so - most of these phrases can be completely by anyone who has played the game. Also, nobody has volunteered for correcting yet, why?

Guys, this translation will never be complete without your help.

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven`t played it yet, only gave a quick try, but here are some ideas:

QUOTE said:
86 need a better name for this ability (penetrating?):
Penetrating: The ability to see enemies with invisible powers on your screen.
How about some kind of (cheesy) "Super Vision" or "Eye of an eagle"? I have no idea what anime is this from, so don`t kill me.

QUOTE100 need a better name for this ability, composure:
composure: If you are standing still without doing anything, your special gauge will fill up to an approach where it will continue to fill up until you do an action.
Relaxation? Calm? Meditation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet +1