XP
Country
France
..... i m gonna ask Community for one thing

what term did you prefer for attribut

power or strenght

wisdow or knowlege or intelligence

Laughter or humour or smile

when you check the demo movie when starting the game ... you ll see that term translation are strenght intelligence and smile
but actually we use power, knowledge and laughter (use a lot in gamefaqs)

i ll ask you because i dont want take this decision (this terms is used a lot in tutorial, chr_b chr_s etc ......)

Gene98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
power, knowlege and laughters.
Just because it's some kind of standart now (thx2 gamefaqs). I don't wont 'wtf is knowlege? I can't see any knowlege on faqs! They lie!!!!!!!!'
And... There are also other words in 'demo movie', like courage. Why then we shouldn't use 'courage' instead of 'power'?
And... 'smile type'. Khm. It doesn't sounds seriously. /=

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
courage is one of the extra type gem you can collect in the game
tongue.gif
dont remember if it s the white or pink

frankiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd have to vote
Intelligence, Strength, Smile
Just because that's what is said in the starting movie of the game. It makes more sense that the categories stay the same as they were intended since they were already in english in the titles.
I feel that I repeated myself a lot just then...

Ichida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when you check the demo movie when starting the game ... you ll see that term translation are strenght intelligence and smile
but actually we use power, knowledge and laughter (use a lot in gamefaqs)

I see no reason not to go with the English names given in the opening video of the game, if for nothing else but consistency. Last thing we need are people asking what the difference between Smile and Laughter is.

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd like to partially disagree with the last couple of messages, mainly because we are talking about attributes, a.k.a. abstract nouns. I'd say "Smile" is defiitely not an attribute, so I'd probably go with Laughter. Intelligence and Strength are fine as they are though.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But there are already 'standards'.
Gamefaqs seems to have one: "power, knowledge, laughter", which most English-speakers use, to avoid confusion.
The game also has one: "intelligence, strength, and smile" which apparently is already in the intro.

Using different words would only confuse everyone.
We need consistency.
Now, we just have to decide one thing: do we care more about consistency, or do we care more about familiarity?

I vote we use the ones that are used on the internet (and gamefaqs).

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
But there are already 'standards'.
Gamefaqs seems to have one: "power, knowledge, laughter", which most English-speakers use, to avoid confusion.
The game also has one: "intelligence, strength, and smile" which apparently is already in the intro.

Using different words would only confuse everyone.
We need consistency.
Now, we just have to decide one thing: do we care more about consistency, or do we care more about familiarity?

I vote we use the ones that are used on the internet (and gamefaqs).

I agree, we should use familiarity over consistency. The majority of people using the translation would have played the game using Gamefaqs guides and are already familiar with the terms "power, knowledge and laughter" I feel they also make more sense than "intelligence, strength, and smile".

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok for familiarity

BTW Who know the black cat serie ?

all special move description are still untranslated
i mean Train and Eve

here are the special move :
Train

Rail Gun
Black Claw
Burst Rail Gun
Black Cross

Eve

Golden 4-hand Performance
Feather Bullets
Transformation - Lance
Nano-slicer

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok gene .... and who know Housin Engi (or soul hunter in US)
i ve search evrywhere (fan site wiki etc ....) and i dont find any reference to Taikoubou special move
i can use japanese names ...... but when i see names like :

Dashinpuu Saidai Shutsuryoku ..... it s not that fun

I got same problem with Fuusuke from NINKU
and they are the 2 last character who has not been "pre-clean" (those who work on the file with me know what i mean)
without counting green red yellow koma character

frankiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So were not going with consistency? Why need familiarity? We won't need GameFAQ's if we have a translation, will we? We only use it to see what were doing, which we should now be able to do anyway

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
So were not going with consistency? Why need familiarity? We won't need GameFAQ's if we have a translation, will we? We only use it to see what were doing, which we should now be able to do anyway

I was referring to the fact that alot of non-japanese speakers will have played the game (before the translation had been completed well nearly) using the gamefaqs guides and walkthroughs to play the game and are already familiar with the names for the different attributes "Power, Knowledge, Laughter". So reverting to consistency might frustrate/confuse the gamers. Also if a gamer gets stuck using the translation and they want to understand what the attributes do and look through a guide/walkthrough on gamefags it would only confuse them more if they are different names.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you guys think another poll is necessary? Ultimately, it's up to the team to decide which to use. But maybe we should make a decision as a community, purely for democratic purposes.

Also: the part in the intro where it mentions the attributes: is it in the video? And does it specifically mention 'these are the attributes for the playable characters in the game'?

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Intelligence and Strength are attributes... "smile" is not. To put it another way, one can use their strength and intelligence to defeat someone, but using your smile would mean that you are smiling at someone in an attempt to defeat them... One can use power to defeat something (brute force), intelligence to outsmart something and thus defeat it, and use the ability to cause laughter to expose weaknesses in the foe, also leading to a win. IMO gamefaqs did it right, they aren't direct translations but they make the most sense in the English language (whoever made the movie probably just did a poor job translating).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.