Hacking Joyflow a mod of wiiflow

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Etheboss,

Thanks for replying Etheboss,
I was just starting to test things in the settings folder and didn't know which file contained the list. I deleted the wiiTDB file and it would freeze upon building a new TDB file so I looked in settings folder and thought I had a corrupted TDB file and deleted it but in hindsight I think it was wiidb file and now I can't load joyflow. How do I start with a clean install? I downloaded it from modmii but it didn't contain files to put into the sneek\joyflow folder, just the apps folder.

Thanks for your help
Shag

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi shag, if you want a clean instal, you need to delete all files from the sneek\joyflow\settings folder, the sneek\joyflow\cache\list folder and the joyflow.ini in the app\joyflow folder...
If you dont care about downloading the covers again you can even delete the whole sneek\joyflow folder (only the joyflow folder, not the sneek folder)...
Those folders will auto create again.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Etheboss,

I discovered that joyflow was not loading usb correctly because of a custom neek2o loading app that I was booting through priiloader. In order for the Bootneek app to load my emulated nand correctly I had to copy di.bin and diconfig.bin files to a folder named di_01 in my sneek folder on my hdd drive. But instead of coping those files I had moved them to the di_01 folder and joyflow was loading without the di module. Thanks for your help on how to do a clean install, I did not know that it created the joyflow folder and all subfolders within the sneek folder upon intial startup.

Would you happen to know how to get mp3s to play in joyflow or is it not supported? I triied putting them in the music folder but didn't work.

thanks again,
Shag

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you could also have changed your dipath in the bootneek.xml. set it back to /sneek and it will get di from that location.
This will make it compatible again with other neek boot methods.

Reactions: 1 person

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks obcd,
I never thought of that. :P

thats just what I did and all loading issues have been resolved!

Sometimes I think I need to be slapped with a good health dose of common sense :mthr:

tarcisiotm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set up uneek+di, and everything works great except joyflow. When I open the app I only get a black screen and nothing happens =/

I have created my nand using modmii and installed uneek using the newest sneek installer.

Can anyone help me? I already looked everywhere possible for this answer =/ Thanks!

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
I set up uneek+di, and everything works great except joyflow. When I open the app I only get a black screen and nothing happens =/

I have created my nand using modmii and installed uneek using the newest sneek installer.

Can anyone help me? I already looked everywhere possible for this answer =/ Thanks!

Why use the sneek installer if modmii does it all? You don't need the sneek installer, just use modmii.

tarcisiotm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why use the sneek installer if modmii does it all? You don't need the sneek installer, just use modmii.

Tried it but for some reason it didnt work =/
I tried everything but cant sort out why joyflow doesnt start =/

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry mate. Can't help. I use neek2o, but still use disc-ex format for games (again I use modmii for this) as per uneek original. I didn't even bother with joyflow 'cos I don't use VC or WW (find most of this stuff is shite compared to actual Wii games anyway).

Sure someone can help though. Goodluck.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since there's some activity in this thread, I'd appreciate it if anyone can suggest to me why I still can't get the game theme sounds to work in Joyflow. I've got a FAT32 setup and Jowflow on SD.

TIA

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never could either

@wii Knee

Overjoy said that Joyflow doesn't support it now. There has been enough requests that he is currently working on some supporting options with others.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never could either

@wii Knee

Overjoy said that Joyflow doesn't support it now. There has been enough requests that he is currently working on some supporting options with others.

@[member='Shag']

Thanks for the update on banner sounds! As previously mentioned, it's strange that the banner sounds work if you select channels inside joyflow. Here's hoping OverJoy sticks that code back in!

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The way JoYflow loads the disc headers and launches games is totaly different compaired to the regulair usb game loaders. JoYflow gets almost all info from neek and only checks the game file(s) itself to check what ios the game uses. At that time I was to lazy to write the code to extract other data from the game file(s) just for banner sound support. However, when people asked me to make JoYflow backwards compatible with original neek (which isn't supported by now anymore) and my kids asked me to for banner sound support I decided to use a feature in neek2o to add banner sound support in a simple way. Latest neek2o and JoYflow should still have the feature that enables banner sound for a game after it's launched one time.

Well if it's broken.. f#ck it! I'll replace JoYflow soon with another app. So forget about support for JoYflow. The other tool will have banner sound support and that all I've to say about it now ;)

OverjoY

Reactions: 2 people

ccuevasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if it's broken.. f#ck it! I'll replace JoYflow soon with another app. So forget about support for JoYflow. The other tool will have banner sound support and that all I've to say about it now ;)
OverjoY

Sorry to post here after one year, but is this new App still in development?

Because I'm trying to use wiiflow under neek2o, and it works great, but I can't run Tintin and other games from it. They load with the neek2o's default loader perfectly. Of course, in wiiflow the emunand is disable, force cIOS load is disabled. Running IOS58.

Katalin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The issue with Tintin and Driver SF is still unsolved. Joyflow can't help here either. Overjoy stopped Joyflow, because he added neek2o support to regular Wiiflow

ccuevasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I run Wiiflow under neek2o environment.

Using the Disc Channel (always under neek2o) I can run Tintin and SF:Driver. But when I try to launch with Wiiflow (under neek2o), they hang up after wiiflow launch them. I have emunand disabled in wiiflow, disabled force reload cIOS,... to let neek2o make the work.

So, which options of wiiflow must be disabled to work properly (wii games) under neek2o environment? I suspect wiiflow is trying to fix somethig that is not necessary.

Some of my options:
Code:
Force Load cIOS=Disabled
Force cIOS Revisión=AUTO ;#Only IOS58 available

I'm going to try more options, but if anyone knows which are the correct ones, it would be great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong