Hacking Joyflow a mod of wiiflow

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I remember the CFG mod but I never tested it; still JoyFlow seems like it's a promise and guaranteed to be worked on by those truly famous :) Can't wait to see new updates for this.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow I remember the CFG mod but I never tested it; still JoyFlow seems like it's a promise and guaranteed to be worked on by those truly famous :) Can't wait to see new updates for this.
In a few minutes I'll update JoYflow on googlecode (the neek2o only one) It contains some bug fixes and it adds banner sound support for fst extracted games. By the end of the week I hope I finished a version that is backwards compatible with the original neek setup.

hey overjoy, is it possible to add the support for dumping wii-games as .wbfs in the folder usb:\wbfs\*.wbfs?
Yes it is possible. My first plan was to add this feature to the neek2o modules and I did create a working code for this, but since the code space in the modules is very limited there's no way to add this to a final version. I can't say when I've time to change the dumper code in JoYflow.

Reactions: 1 person

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a few minutes I'll update JoYflow on googlecode (the neek2o only one) It contains some bug fixes and it adds banner sound support for fst extracted games. By the end of the week I hope I finished a version that is backwards compatible with the original neek setup.

hey overjoy, is it possible to add the support for dumping wii-games as .wbfs in the folder usb:\wbfs\*.wbfs?
Yes it is possible. My first plan was to add this feature to the neek2o modules and I did create a working code for this, but since the code space in the modules is very limited there's no way to add this to a final version. I can't say when I've time to change the dumper code in JoYflow.

Sweet and keep up the good work; so I read JoYflow allows nand switching or by some sort like PL3 does with pl_eu, pl_us, etc. folders.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah i chose to use neek2o on modmii when setting up uneek. oh snap i thought joyflow was for neek2o. guess i gotta get a different version?

got the neek2o version. now it sees all just fine, but still only one view mode, i thought there was like 5-6 different views in wiiflow...i seen a youtube vid of someone doing it in joyflow too y it no work for me?!
For different views in the default theme you only need the default.ini file in the \joyflow\themes\ folder, you can copy that from wiiflow if joyflow does not have it.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can this still be used to replace the system menu? I mean the neek2o Joyflow that is; also is there any way to make it where you can sync wii motes through the app?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, seems like nobody else is gonna answer...so i will try to do my best.

I don't think Joyflow will ever going to replace the SM, this is also not the intention of the developer..he wants to keep it simple.
So postloader seems to be the best option here..
I don't know if it is even possible to do wiimote sync in a homebrew, but if it is, postloader seems to be the best place for it also if you ask me.
Why not ask stfour if he can look at it?

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I feel that nothing is changed from this post

http://gbatemp.net/topic/200015-wiimotes-wont-sync-read-this/

AFAIK no one hb is today capable to do that. I do not know why.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe no one ever felt the need for it.
Do you think it would be possible to get the sync contents (file) from a working real nand backup and use it on an emulated nand?
If you use a backup of your real nand, the motes are still synced.

If your emulated nand system menu is corrupt, shouldn't it be better to fix that issue instead of asking to add mote syncing in a homebrew?
You are basically asking someone to do a week of research on something you can probably fix yourself in a couple of hours, just because the
solution you want doesn't exist yet.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I get a disk wait error when trying to installing games with joyflow. Etheboss asked me to check current version off of google code and I downloaded it, I believe 2.2. It did'nt make a difference. It doesn't even seem like its trying to mount the dvd drive. I can dump a game through the overlay menu. is there a setting that I might be Missing?

Thanks for any advice
Shag

Overjoy just set me straight. As of now Joyflow does NOT support game install... maybe in future.

Thanks Overjoy

Shag

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a few minutes I'll update JoYflow on googlecode (the neek2o only one) It contains some bug fixes and it adds banner sound support for fst extracted games. By the end of the week I hope I finished a version that is backwards compatible with the original neek setup..

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi O-J,

In JoyFlow I get banner sounds when I switch to channels installed on my Emunand (WiiWare, VCWare, etc). However, there are no banner sounds on games (DiscEx for Sneek) installed on my USB. (Am I correct in assuming that the files converted to Sneek format by DiscEx are FST? Is the banner sound/music feature operational?)

Thx, As Always.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i get the sounds for fst games but not for wbfs games in joyflow. however i get sounds for both when i choose them from the disc channel.

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just drag and drop the iso into discex 0.8
ok, I also did drag and drop but had 0.7 (shouldn't make a difference) but upgraded to 0.8.
Nope. Used 0.8 same way and it didn't make any difference as predicted.
Mine is on SD card with forwarder channel.
I know the code was originally removed but I thought Overjoy was putting it back. Guess I'll just enjoy using JoyFlow as is, though the banner sounds were something I really enjoyed.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm using latest version of neek2o and joyflow v2.3 and something strange has happend to game list in joyflow.  When I choose a game it loads the wrong game, not the one I selected.  I don't have any issues loading the correct game in the overlay menu or on my real nand.  Can i rebuild the game list somehow that Joyflow uses ? all my games are in wbfs format.

any help would be appreciated

thankyou,
Shag

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, that music from the beggining sounds nostalgic +1