Hacking Joyflow a mod of wiiflow

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
icw35 said:
That would be awesome. All my games are on NTFS partition in wbfs format. Except Metroid Prime which I have on fat32 partition in DiscEx format for Uneek. If I could boot up uneek and see all my Wiiware on emu nand and games from the NTFS partition....oh joy!!! No pun intended OverjoY
smile.gif

Great work!!!

And with Mighty being worked on and the ciox21 being made to work better, the wii scene still is rocking!

That's not the way it works and what I said.

I said.. That it's an easy task that if we have wbfs support to display and launch games in both wbfs and DiscEx format.

The way to add wbfs support is unsure yet, but wbfs support on a NTFS partition is the last thing I'm thinkin of. It's more likely that if Sneek supports wbfs we'll change wbfs_ext to have acces to the wbfs files through ISFS calls.

The only thing I'm sure of is that there remains a lot of work to achieve this.

The other thing I said was that it's also possible to make one application that has support for both Uneek and normal nand.

I'm not saying that I know nothing about coding in C, but I'm just a starter on Wii development and have still a lot to learn so I can't make any promises. Also if there are other devs with some skills who wants to help to make this happen feel free to join.

The other two problems I'll have to deal with are that I have a family and no USB Gecko

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
OverjoY said:
That's not the way it works and what I said.

I said.. That it's an easy task that if we have wbfs support to display and launch games in both wbfs and DiscEx format.

The way to add wbfs support is unsure yet, but wbfs support on a NTFS partition is the last thing I'm thinkin of. It's more likely that if Sneek supports wbfs we'll change wbfs_ext to have acces to the wbfs files through ISFS calls.

The only thing I'm sure of is that there remains a lot of work to achieve this.

The other thing I said was that it's also possible to make one application that has support for both Uneek and normal nand.

I'm not saying that I know nothing about coding in C, but I'm just a starter on Wii development and have still a lot to learn so I can't make any promises. Also if there are other devs with some skills who wants to help to make this happen feel free to join.

The other two problems I'll have to deal with are that I have a family and no USB Gecko

Don't sweat dude...I am only happy people are working on this stuff..I myself know nothing about programming so you are already 1 step ahead of me. I was just saying it would be great if it could do all this
smile.gif

Keep up the good work.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiBricker said:
If you need a tester with a USB gecko, here I am.

Thnx man.. I'll keep that in mind and I hope I can order one soon for myself

QUOTE(icw35 @ Feb 24 2011, 07:13 PM) Don't sweat dude...I am only happy people are working on this stuff..I myself know nothing about programming so you are already 1 step ahead of me. I was just saying it would be great if it could do all this
smile.gif

Keep up the good work.

If you don't expect too much then all we can do is a windfall
wink.gif

We'll continue
tongue.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Tried it and I can load it through HBC, gets past the Joyflow/Wiiflow loading screen and then blanks out. There was delays between going to Wiimenu>HBC>Joyflow as if it was the first UNEEK boot up

Griffin224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone figured out a forwarder yet? I'd love to go back to using Wiiflow/Joyflow. Once I get the forwarder working then I just have to get my music games working. :-(

Griffin224

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Mine is hanging at the Joyflow/Wiiflow screen. Is there any specific folder structure for the disc ex games to be in?
Baz, do you have the games working in just plain old Uneek+DI? If so there shouldn't be anyhting to do except add the joyflow dol to your apps folder and go to town. (I put a new folder in my apps directory and renamed the joyflow dol to boot.dol, then I can launch from HBC)

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Griffin224 said:
bazamuffin said:
Mine is hanging at the Joyflow/Wiiflow screen. Is there any specific folder structure for the disc ex games to be in?
Baz, do you have the games working in just plain old Uneek+DI? If so there shouldn't be anyhting to do except add the joyflow dol to your apps folder and go to town. (I put a new folder in my apps directory and renamed the joyflow dol to boot.dol, then I can launch from HBC)
Games work fine under normal UNEEK+DI and I have apps/joyflow/boot.dol on SD/USB. It just hangs at the loading screen. It did blank out AFTER the loading screen but not any more

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bazamuffin said:

The folder structure is the same as for normal Uneek+DI. So games go in map /games. I'll build a version with debug output for ppl who have problems so we can see where and what goes wrong.

Edit:

Did you try to delete diconfig.bin and boot again?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll hold out for a channel. having to install an old HBC doesn't sound like fun.

that, and r150 made some great strides in usability of the menu.

lenny_kano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive got joyflow installed as priiloader autoboot, and so far i havent found a game/channel that wont load for me. the only problem ive seen so far is a few small graphical errors in the game settings menu when using orchid theme instead of default, but thats all. No freezes/lockups whatsoever, which is the main reason i got rid of wiiflow in the first place. Very nice job.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What rev are you using of Uneek and was a new diconfig.bin file created when you booted? Also the latest rev 151 makes sometimes a mess of the file. Sometimes it's really corrupted or it's filled with garbage.

If Uneek doesn't boot, but a new diconfig.bin file was created try to delete the shared2 folder. You'll have to do the Wii settings again, but most of the time this works.

JoYflow doesn't write anything to the nand. It only uses diconfig.bin to find the Slot ID of the games. So this can't be the issue. If Uneek is up and running again and JoYflow doesn't work I'll send you a link to a dol with debug output enabled.

bazamuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Using r151 via SneekyCompilerSSE now, started afresh. Got UNEEK+DI booting up via the forwarder supplied by the compiler (suits me that way). Again, got to the Joyflow loading screen but its hanging. Got 4 working games in disc ex format (boot fine from disc channel) and my usual wbfs folder for Wiiflow.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I experienced the same problems just today when I was working on adding wbfs support. I can now display both DiscEx an wbfs games in JoYflow, but only if the map names are not to long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...