WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
SanGor said:
what's so great about the WBFS format anyway?
It's nothing compared to original discs, right?
yaywii.gif

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
well for me i store all my games as .wbfs so the fact that i wouldnt have to change them back to iso then discex them for sneek would be the point for me anyway

they take up less space on my hd as .wbfs rather than .iso

scooby74029

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SanGor said:
By itself? Not much. In fact, I'd say that if anything, there could be more than a few interesting advantages to discex's file structure.

The thing is...I'm not exactly lazy, but converting my whole library from .wbfs to .iso and then into discex's format isn't my idea of spending a happy afternoon. If I could batch-convert the format, I'd consider it. But as it is...sorry, but I'd rather wait for support for what I already have.

EDIT: forgot about the file size. Can't give much comparison, though (I don't know which format is the smaller one).

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Wever said:
SanGor said:
By itself? Not much. In fact, I'd say that if anything, there could be more than a few interesting advantages to discex's file structure.

The thing is...I'm not exactly lazy, but converting my whole library from .wbfs to .iso and then into discex's format isn't my idea of spending a happy afternoon. If I could batch-convert the format, I'd consider it. But as it is...sorry, but I'd rather wait for support for what I already have.

Doesn't Modmii's Bulk game extractor do that? You can direct it to a folder and it scans subfolders too. ISO and WBFS format are supported

EDIT: Scoob, thanks for the forwarder
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Wever said:
SanGor said:

EDIT: forgot about the file size. Can't give much comparison, though (I don't know which format is the smaller one).
You're in luck! wit.exe is able to convert wbfs files directly to s\uneek+di format. So you don't need to go from wbfs-->iso-->sneek format, u can just go from wbfs-->sneek format.

And you're in even more luck! ModMii has a feature (using wit) that will batch convert all the Wii ISO's, Wii cISO's, and wbfs files found in the folder of your choice and batch convert them ALL to s\uneek+di format

Also, the sparsed iso's, wbfs files and s/uneek+di format all take up approximately the same amount of space. ModMii won't let u begin batch conversions if you don't have enough free space on the target directory of your choosing

That being said... I still use wbfs files for the vast majority of my games, but at least now you know what options you have available to you
biggrin.gif

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Joyflow play Wiiware / VC games? If so, does it show games that are installed on the NAND but not on the System Menu (due to channel limit) ?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Perhaps it's a good idea to add the link to the forwarder on the first post, scooby. It'll get more attention there.
smile.gif

And I'm also reporting in my first crashes with joyflow. Don't worry: it's only when I try to import the settings of my regular wiiflow. Considering I was using wiiflow-222 (and Hermes's cIOS don't work on uneek), this was probably to be expected. But thus far any theme but the default one seems to be a no-go. Haven't tried anything but the default, so...is it possible to use any other theme?
smile.gif

hellboy2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Perhaps it's a good idea to add the link to the forwarder on the first post, scooby. It'll get more attention there.
smile.gif

And I'm also reporting in my first crashes with joyflow. Don't worry: it's only when I try to import the settings of my regular wiiflow. Considering I was using wiiflow-222 (and Hermes's cIOS don't work on uneek), this was probably to be expected. But thus far any theme but the default one seems to be a no-go. Haven't tried anything but the default, so...is it possible to use any other theme?
smile.gif

yes you can changes themes i have no problem here with other themes. i made this video with diferent theme.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAxHkzMHcvc[/youtube]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1