• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heck I still haven't even gotten the $600. Well, it would be $1800, for 3 of us ... me, wife, 17yo kid ... but anyway yeah never came. Did get the first round last Spring, still eligible nothing has changed, so wtf? And IRS doesn't want to hear about it ... I'll have to fill out extra paperwork to claim a credit for the missed payment when I file my taxes.

I used the IRS payment check website, it shows where I got the direct deposit last April so I know I put my info in correctly, but for the Jan 2021 payment it says "No Information Available." That's nice.
because their shifting to your 2020 tax credit god the GOP is retarded people need it now not after filing taxes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Hanafuda https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/wha...-received-your-$600-stimulus-check-2021-01-16 read that

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heck I still haven't even gotten the $600. Well, it would be $1800, for 3 of us ... me, wife, 17yo kid ... but anyway yeah never came. Did get the first round last Spring, still eligible nothing has changed, so wtf? And IRS doesn't want to hear about it ... I'll have to fill out extra paperwork to claim a credit for the missed payment when I file my taxes.

I used the IRS payment check website, it shows where I got the direct deposit last April so I know I put my info in correctly, but for the Jan 2021 payment it says "No Information Available." That's nice.
I have a friend who didn't get their first round of stimulus money until November 7th. The timing was very amusing. The delay was most likely from them not using direct deposit, though.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because their shifting to your 2020 tax credit god the GOP is retarded people need it now not after filing taxes

@Hanafuda https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/what-to-do-if-you-havent-received-your-$600-stimulus-check-2021-01-16 read that

Won't argue with you on this one. But tbh I don't need it. Won't hurt, but don't need. But if they're literally giving it to everyone else, no reason I should be counted out.

I'll be fine claiming it as a credit on my taxes, but not everyone can hang on like that. It's a shitty deal yep.

D

Deleted User

We are in this situation because dipshits let the media scare them so damn bad they gave half their freedoms away to the government, stay home scared shitless, and are willing to give up the other half of their freedom in order to be told everything's OK. Hiding in a cave is not the answer to beating this and only hurts the economy further.
the economy
it's a lie.
No really.
IF ANYTHING proves that, it's gamestonk.
Stocks aren't dictated by businesses doing well. Stocks are dictated by the wealthy and elite who puts bets to ruin people's lives.
Fuck the economy. It doesn't serve me, and it definitely doesn't serve you.
As for staying in, your mentally hurting me.
Basically people like you refused to stay in along with the federal government not making any mandate.
You should be angry at the business exploiting you left and right, those that profited like fucking greedy as hogs off this whole thing.
Capitalism is exploitation.

Think about it. some guy with a lot of capital. banks off your body and time. If they paid you what you were actually working/worth. they wouldn't make profit.
capitalism is essentially theft. to only then have that system manipulated by other people with a fuck ton of capital, affecting those businesses prices. it's all a game to them.
You have such a astronomically low chance to even remotely get close to them, since every step in the way your fucked.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

Speak for yourself.
So who benefited from the 2008 market crash? definitely wasn't me, or the people I lived with. Who's benefiting from the pandemic? It's definitely not me. And I know it's definitely not most of my peers.
Even in times when the market isn't completely and utterly destroyed. We are not served by it. It's just a number. a number we don't really effect, that just so happens to screw with our lives, while others who practically gamble bet off it. and then change the rules when people finally get the memo that something is wrong.
Again, "gamestonk"
people for various reasons, not even a single goal. End up either accidentally or intentionally said fuck you to wall street. after learning that gamestop was doing okay, despite being shortselled to oblivion. it was not really representative at all to how the business was performing.
When people caught wind of this, and decided to make a smart move, and do the very thing all those rich people told to them to do. go invest. Which at the time most of them said it, there was no way for common person to go invest in a business, or if it at all, unreasonably difficult.
And then those same rich people, go call foul when they loose, and then try changing the rules.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So who benefited from the 2008 market crash? definitely wasn't me, or the people I lived with. Who's benefiting from the pandemic? It's definitely not me. And I know it's definitely not most of my peers.
Even in times when the market isn't completely and utterly destroyed. We are not served by it. It's just a number. a number we don't really effect, that just so happens to screw with our lives, while others who practically gamble bet off it. and then change the rules when people finally get the memo that something is wrong.
Again, "gamestonk"
people for various reasons, not even a single goal. End up either accidentally or intentionally said fuck you to wall street. after learning that gamestop was doing okay, despite being shortselled to oblivion. it was not really representative at all to how the business was performing.
When people caught wind of this, and decided to make a smart move, and do the very thing all those rich people told to them to do. go invest. Which at the time most of them said it, there was no way for common person to go invest in a business, or if it at all, unreasonably difficult.
And then those same rich people, go call foul when they loose, and then try changing the rules.

except it's just a classic pump and dump scheme we've all seen before. people are going to lose the shirt off their back from this stupid shit. the finance sector doesn't give two shits about GME. it's 1-3 hedge funds losings billions which is basically nothing compared to the flow of the finance sector. anyone who bought into GME in the last 3 weeks are going to be hurting in a month. quote me.

Reactions: Xzi
D

Deleted User

except it's just a classic pump and dump scheme we've all seen before. people are going to lose the shirt off their back from this stupid shit. the finance sector doesn't give two shits about GME. it's 1-3 hedge funds losings billions which is basically nothing compared to the flow of the finance sector. anyone who bought into GME in the last 3 weeks are going to be hurting in a month. quote me.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arbitration like RH,Nintendo etc needs to be outright banned because bias can be and maybe rampet and idk if arbitrators can be held legally reliable unlike a judge if blatant bias is found out Arbitration as it is is just a get out of a lawsuit card while their free to sue others

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no 2k

is it ok to pick on the mentally retarded in 2021?

it's literally happening right now in real time.

also

A grueling debate on up to 400 Senate amendments will begin Thursday afternoon. Then, Senate committees will begin drafting the actual legislation. The Democrat-led House on Wednesday voted to have its committees also begin work. The final product may be subject to additional votes.

The use of “reconciliation” allows Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) to circumvent Republicans without technically undoing the 60-vote threshold needed for most legislation.

Last edited by omgcat,
Reactions: Plasmaster09

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hows GME looking now? -48% normal hours, -8% after hours. people are actually stupid.
it's not just that people are stupid
it's that the filthy rich hedge funds and corps that tried to short gamestop to death in the first place are nigh invincible
...especially when the SEC is asleep at the wheel and the only person they can think to investigate is DFV for some stupid fucking reason

Reactions: Deleted User

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is it ok to pick on the mentally retarded in 2021?

Depends on your political leanings, if you're a democrat or on the left it's widely acceptable and actually encouraged. If you're not on the left then no you'll get sent to the gulag.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Depends on your political leanings, if you're a democrat or on the left it's widely acceptable and actually encouraged. If you're not on the left then no you'll get sent to the gulag.
Gulag? There arent enough jobs for people under automation.

VR and cheap smart assistants (AI) and UBI more likely.

So segmenting society into the ruling class and a class of disenfranchised people. Where the lower class has nothing in common anymore with everyones current capabilities.

But they all can play Candy Crush much more perfectly than the elite. So you see - differently enabled.

But as long as Starbucks is seen as a status symbol, no problem... Flavored sugar water? I think we can still provide that to everyone.

Last edited by notimp,

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mien got. are you guys still talking about this? It already passed with Kamal's vote. You republicans want the money too, but you don't want to Dish it out to anybody else. Biden Won. that's the end of it! Stop crying, and live with it!

Looks like the Q lady lost her job in education.

YaY

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Looks like the Q lady lost her job in education.
That reminds me of the joke - of what the European Forum Alpbach (respectively thinktanks featured there) thought should be done about EU citizens not being content with the usual "free travel and one flag for everyone" anymore...

https://polis180.org/

https://valuesunite.eu/wp-content/u...per_European_Agency_Citizenship_Education.pdf

https://ecas.org/ecas-welcomes-the-proposal-for-a-european-agency-for-citizenship-education/

Citizenship education.

What, Orwell was right again? ;)

This time (with the Q lady) it seemed too on the nose though... Wonder who greenlit that...

When "education" really is just "the PR department", where people with no other qualifications get designated to...

edit: Ah:
Removed from education and labor and budget committees
In an unprecedented punishment, 219 Democrats and 11 Republicans voted in favor of her removal, while 199 Republicans voted against.

"No member ought to be permitted to engage in the kind of behavior that Representative Greene has and face zero consequences," Democrat House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer told the chamber. "This vote can be a first step in correcting the error of those who so far have chosen to do nothing."

Republicans criticized the vote with members of leadership warning of possible political payback should they regain power.

"This vote today sets a dangerous precedent for this institution that Democrats may regret when Republicans regain the majority," said Republican Liz Cheney. Cheney said that while Greene's comments were deplorable, Democrats "have no business determining which Republicans sit on committees."

Committees in the US Congress are designed to be bipartisan no matter who is in office, with each party typically choosing who to assign to which positions.
So it was a consensus decision to put her into that position. ;) Party wanted a reliable vote. ;)

https://www.dw.com/en/us-house-remo...ting-congresswoman-from-committees/a-56459142

Last edited by notimp,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==