• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it should be $2,000 a month indefinitely. I disagree with it being $1,400. That being said, the promise was always "$2,000 instead of $600," so there is $1,400 remaining.
I could go for $2000 a month and then I could quit working 7 days a week. Damn may even qualify to be a Democrat if I keep that up.

Reactions: Doran754

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He isn't providing it tax payers are....well actually future tax payers so your kids and grandkids are paying it. Don't think he is doing anything other than signing a piece of paper
Are you complaining that there are stimulus checks, or are you complaining that the checks aren't big enough? Pick an argument and stick with it. Also, I'm not sure how you can with honesty complain about a thing you voted against.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I could go for $2000 a month and then I could quit working 7 days a week. Damn may even qualify to be a Democrat if I keep that up.
If you want to be limited to $2,000 a month, good for you. This also isn't something that will last forever.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do realize that the 7 day work week is fundamentally unhealthy, right?
heck, even the five day work week is generally worse than a 10-hr/day 4-day work week- there's been studies done, and 4-day's only real disadvantages are that it's hard to adjust to because it isn't normal yet
but like
7 days a week
I hope to god that that's only like 5-6 hr/day

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so first you're complaining he's not giving you enough money
then you're complaining that the money he is giving to everyone regardless of political affiliation constitutes vote buying
and now you're complaining that he, a government official who is supposed to keep his personal shit out of the government, is not giving you said money OUT OF POCKET

exactly
we all WANT the extra money, but he's giving us what he promised and 2000 - 600 = 1400 is what he promised
I never once complained about the amount of money just stated I better do the math so certain bidensitters didn't bite my head off for it. My only complaint was why no one considers it vote buying when it was a text book case of it. And I don't know how many times I heard democrats (most of you) point out Trump wasn't sending anyone money it was the tax payers.) So I just threw that out there.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never once complained about the amount of money just stated I better do the math so certain bidensitters didn't bite my head off for it. My only complaint was why no one considers it vote buying when it was a text book case of it. And I don't know how many times I heard democrats (most of you) point out Trump wasn't sending anyone money it was the tax payers.) So I just threw that out there.
I mean
the end result would be the same if any given candidate proposed a really precise tax cut for everyone
people gaining money based on if they voted for Biden or not would be blatant vote buying
this isn't, because even the most aggressively far-right still get the checks
it's basically a weird temporary tax cut
also I legit don't remember any of us whining about how Trump wasn't paying for government-provided checks out of pocket

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do realize that the 7 day work week is fundamentally unhealthy, right?
heck, even the five day work week is generally worse than a 10-hr/day 4-day work week- there's been studies done, and 4-day's only real disadvantages are that it's hard to adjust to because it isn't normal yet
Oh unhealthy it may be but some of us have to do what we have to for money people ain't paying my shit for me. And God knows you can't find anyone wanting to work when the government gives them $900+ a month to sit at home. Hell every company in Southern Indiana has a now hiring sign posted. Noone willing to work when the government pays them not to.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh unhealthy it may be but some of us have to do what we have to for money people ain't paying my shit for me. And God knows you can't find anyone wanting to work when the government gives them $900+ a month to sit at home. Hell every company in Southern Indiana has a now hiring sign posted. Noone willing to work when the government pays them not to.
You do understand work isn't an option for a lot of people because of the pandemic, right? Like, have you been living under a rock?

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh unhealthy it may be but someone us have to do what we have to for money people ain't paying my shit for me. And God knows you can't find anyone wanting to work when the government gives them $900+ a month to sit at home. Hell every company in Southern Indiana has a now hiring sign posted. Noone willing to work when the government pays them not to.
I don't mean it's worse than not working at all, I just mean that working literally every day is just fundamentally awful
considering 4x10 has shown to be both more productive and less stressful than 5x8 (which kinda makes sense- you don't feel much of a difference doing 10 hours versus 8, but an extra day free each week is VERY noticeable), then extrapolating off of that, (40/7)x7 would probably be the worst possible version
You do understand work isn't an option for a lot of people because of the pandemic, right? Like, have you been living under a rock?
and yeah this too
people are getting paid regardless of work because a large chunk of the population CAN'T work (or at least going to work would be so unsafe that it outweighs the pay)
the ones that can work should work in whatever way is best for them without chopping productivity to bits
and the ones that cannot work should be provided however much money and/or supplies they need to survive

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No not at all I've been living at work mostly. 70 hour weeks do that to u. And yeah some don't have a choice but many do. It's time to open stuff up and quit this dependency on government money's. Look at florida for instance. At some point you have to quit living in a cave and drag the rock away from the entrance. This pandemic is what it is. Time to move on and quit using it as a crutch. If you quit living because of the virus u might as well die from it. Give me liberty or give me death use to mean something now everyone would give it all up for a chance of not getting this virus. Like them talking about wearing 2 masks. Guess 1 really didn't work hummm wonder who has been saying that forever

Last edited by wartutor,

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No not at all I've been living at work mostly. 70 hour weeks do that to u. And yeah some don't have a choice but many do. It's time to open stuff up and quit this dependency on government money's. Look at florida for instance. At some point you have to quit living in a cave and drag the rock away from the entrance. This pandemic is what it is. Time to move on and quit using it as a crutch. If you quit living because of the virus u might as well die from it.
blinks twice
Excuse me, SEVENTY?!
You're working four-day hours on a seven-day schedule?
That's... that shouldn't even be fucking LEGAL!
Also... it literally is not safe for a lot of people to work right now.
"People should prioritize their jobs over their lives" is the epitome of capitalism gone sour, and I can't stand it.
The pandemic isn't a crutch, it's a fucking global pandemic that's basically screwed over millions of people because they can no longer go to work without risking ending up in the hospital.
And people like you that act like a person's life is less important than being a cog in whatever machine they work for are just making things worse by propagating views that encourage people to risk catching and potentially spreading the virus.

ngl someone that works an absolutely ungodly amount of hours (spending 5/12 of their time working, and considering the 8 hours of sleep that ends up as almost two thirds) telling people that their jobs are more important than basically anything else is essentially the cycle of abuse but capitalist

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blinks twice
Excuse me, SEVENTY?!
You're working four-day hours on a seven-day schedule?
That's... that shouldn't even be fucking LEGAL!
Also... it literally is not safe for a lot of people to work right now.
"People should prioritize their jobs over their lives" is the epitome of capitalism gone sour, and I can't stand it.
The pandemic isn't a crutch, it's a fucking global pandemic that's basically screwed over millions of people because they can no longer go to work without risking ending up in the hospital.
And people like you that act like a person's life is less important than being a cog in whatever machine they work for are just making things worse by propagating views that encourage people to risk catching and potentially spreading the virus.
You cannot stop it isn't that clear yet over 15 months since it first surfaced and we are in the same spot as when it first started. We'll except for the hundreds that took their own life because of lock down.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No not at all I've been living at work mostly. 70 hour weeks do that to u. And yeah some don't have a choice but many do. It's time to open stuff up and quit this dependency on government money's. Look at florida for instance. At some point you have to quit living in a cave and drag the rock away from the entrance. This pandemic is what it is. Time to move on and quit using it as a crutch. If you quit living because of the virus u might as well die from it.
Less than half of the jobs lost due in part to Trump's handling of the pandemic have been recovered. Stimulus checks are necessary for those affected and to stimulate the economy and return back to normal. In fact, the CBO projects that with the proposed stimulus, the vaccine, etc., the American economy may very well return roughly to normal by mid-2021.

Please don't act like the economic recovery isn't desperately needed. It's not a matter of people not working even though they could, etc.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot stop it isn't that clear yet over 15 months since it first surfaced and we are in the same spot as when it first started. We'll except for the hundreds that took their own life because of lock down.
we're in the same spot because people were and/or are:
a) dipshits that refuse to do things like wear masks, avoid major social gatherings, etc.
b) dipshits that refuse to, you know, actually stay home and quarantine if they CATCH it
c) dipshits that refuse to get the damn vaccine because they've been spoonfed propaganda
d) one specific ex-presidential dipshit that refused to actually act quickly and respond to the pandemic with anything vaguely resembling reason or sanity, from claiming it was a liberal hoax to claiming it's as harmless as the flu to other various excuses to avoid action
e) people like you that spread ideas like "work over life" and encourage others to risk their health and the health of those around them for their 9-to-5

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL... all this talk over 2K. At the end of the day, it's simply not enough to really help out. If the government is going to make it illegal to work, then they need to cover those losses. This talk of 2K is a slap in the face to all Americans, especially considering the amount of debt that comes with this tiny amount. All the while, the elites and their allies will be only ones to truly benefit from the stimulus.

Last edited by tthousand,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we're in the same spot because people were and/or are:
a) dipshits that refuse to do things like wear masks, avoid major social gatherings, etc.
b) dipshits that refuse to, you know, actually stay home and quarantine if they CATCH it
c) dipshits that refuse to get the damn vaccine because they've been spoonfed propaganda
d) one specific ex-presidential dipshit that refused to actually act quickly and respond to the pandemic with anything vaguely resembling reason or sanity, from claiming it was a liberal hoax to claiming it's as harmless as the flu to other various excuses to avoid action
e) people like you that spread ideas like "work over life" and encourage others to risk their health and the health of those around them for their 9-to-5
We are in this situation because dipshits let the media scare them so damn bad they gave half their freedoms away to the government, stay home scared shitless, and are willing to give up the other half of their freedom in order to be told everything's OK. Hiding in a cave is not the answer to beating this and only hurts the economy further.

Just check my account still no 2k Joe.

Where is my money joe also you told me you were stoping the Covid why are people still dying Joe
His plan to stop the virus was, do what we are doing, throw money at it for no reason, and wait...oh and wear 2 masks cause one don't work.

Shit have to edit it to include BLAME TRUMP FOR EVERYTHING. It's all dems have at the moment.

Last edited by wartutor,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I, telling people they will receive money if a certain candidate wins is the exact definition of buying votes. View attachment 244733 View attachment 244733 View attachment 244735
Ima be honest, it really does feel like they bought our votes, esp the Georgia run off. But I don't give a shit who is in power in Georgia. I don't even give a shit who the President is, as long as I'm not drafted. The only thing I care about is getting paid! If Hillary said she'd mail everyone 2 grand in 2016 if she won, I would have voted for her, lol.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Where is my money joe also you told me you were stoping the Covid why are people still dying Joe
It's too bad Trump fucked things up so badly with regard to COVID-19 that it's going to take awhile to get out of it.

Since you probably voted against the people who are working to make the $2,000 possible, please mail me your $600 now and your $1,400 later. Thanks.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It's too bad Trump fucked things up so badly with regard to COVID-19 that it's going to take awhile to get out of it.

Since you probably voted against the people who are working to make the $2,000 possible, please mail me your $600 now and your $1,400 later. Thanks.
He does it for free

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Heck I still haven't even gotten the $600. Well, it would be $1800, for 3 of us ... me, wife, 17yo kid ... but anyway yeah never came. Did get the first round last Spring, still eligible nothing has changed, so wtf? And IRS doesn't want to hear about it ... I'll have to fill out extra paperwork to claim a credit for the missed payment when I file my taxes.

I used the IRS payment check website, it shows where I got the direct deposit last April so I know I put my info in correctly, but for the Jan 2021 payment it says "No Information Available." That's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw