• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shame on the dems that have 51 majority for not giving it
  1. They are working on it, and it's going to happen.
  2. Ignoring reconciliation, which Democrats will likely have to use, 10 Republican votes are required to bypass a filibuster, and that's not going to happen when they're wanting to cut so much from the bill. Among other things, they want to reduce the amount of the checks. It'd be a lot easier if Republicans weren't obstructionists.
  3. Do some reading before posting, and you won't look like such a fool.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Imao Biden is opening that facility with the Cage kids again another lie from Joe

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still talking about that $2000 oh wait $1600 don't want anyone holding bidens hand to bite my head off (even though he said $2000 plan as friggin day and none of those certain people in here would act this way with the math if Trump was the one that said it) not to mention the fact that it should be considered buying votes as that is exactly what it was. Again if Trump had said "if Republicans are elected I guarantee $2000 will go out instantly dems would of jumped all over the buying votes band wagon." I can't wait till half of America wakes up and realizes they voted in the dictator instead of voted one out.(wait many already are.) From the unheard of executive orders to the "we will pass my stimulus plan whether or not I have congress approval." I'm starting to wonder why we even have a house of representatives or a congress when a dictator is in office. They are even screening questions before white house press conferences. Goin straight from controlling information, your money, to straight dictatorship.

Last edited by wartutor,
Reactions: tthousand

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still talking about that $2000 oh wait $1600 don't want anyone holding bidens hand to bite my head off (even though he said $2000 plan as friggin day and none of those certain people in here would act this way with the math if Trump was the one that said it) not to mention the fact that it should be considered buying votes as that is exactly what it was. Again if Trump had said "if Republicans are elected I guarantee $2000 will go out instantly dems would of jumped all over the buying votes band wagon." I can't wait till half of America wakes up and realizes they voted in the dictator instead of voted one out.(wait many already are.) From the unheard of presidential degrees to the "we will pass my stimulus plan whether or not I have congress approval." I'm starting to wonder why we even have a house of representatives or a congress when a dictator is in office. They are even screening questions before white house press conferences. Goin straight from controlling information, your money, to straight dictatorship.
Democrats are moving as fast as they can on the $2,000 ($1,400 plus the $600 you already got). They just cleared a major procedural hurdle, and it's going to pass with 51 votes via reconciliation. It's not buying votes if it's for everyone, including those who didn't vote for the Democrats. There is nothing about the Democrats nor the stimulus checks that has anything to do with dictators. It's being passed per the terms of the Constitution, not unilaterally. It has congressional approval.

If you didn't vote for the Democrats, I'm not sure why you're complaining. You voted against the $2,000 stimulus checks. You're being quite ridiculous.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Democrats are moving as fast as they can on the $2,000 ($1,400 plus the $600 you already got). They just cleared a major procedural hurdle, and it's going to pass with 51 votes via reconciliation. It's not buying votes if it's for everyone, including those who didn't vote for the Democrats. There is nothing about the Democrats nor the stimulus checks that has anything to do with dictators. It's being passed per the terms of the Constitution, not unilaterally. It has congressional approval.

If you didn't vote for the Democrats, I'm not sure why you're complaining. You voted against the $2,000 stimulus checks. You're being quite ridiculous.
Am I, telling people they will receive money if a certain candidate wins is the exact definition of buying votes.
Screenshot_20210203-100327_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210203-100327_Samsung Internet.jpg
20210203_100722.jpg

Reactions: tthousand
D

Deleted User

Still talking about that $2000 oh wait $1600 don't want anyone holding bidens hand to bite my head off (even though he said $2000 plan as friggin day and none of those certain people in here would act this way with the math if Trump was the one that said it)
fair point, he did say 2,000. not some other number, or stating it was supposed to be added up.
not to mention the fact that it should be considered buying votes as that is exactly what it was.
eh no. People do actually need the money, and trump pulled a similar stunt, I'll try to pull it up when I can. How I see it is Biden is trying to be what he is. a centrist. the "left" in america isn't democrats. By that I mean, trying to please the fucking corporations like trump was, except with more sugar ontop.
Both parties subscribe to the idea of neoliberalism.
wakes up and realizes they voted in the dictator instead of voted one out.
So... this is thrown out a lot.
There's a stark contrast of rhetoric between them. Trump had stated that he wished the press was killed in the past, and any people that disagreed him (john boltons book)
that is authoritarian, and it does follow in fascism general footsteps.
Biden is essentially undoing a lot of the shit trump done (which nearly every single thing is in arguably bad. I mean ffs, he (trump) made it legal for people to accept lobbying in positions that previously had rules stating they couldn't)
It doesn't mean Biden is good.
He has a lot of dirt (war criminal. just like the last couple of presidents)
From the unheard of presidential degrees to the "we will pass my stimulus plan whether or not I have congress approval." I'm starting to wonder why we even have a house of representatives or a congress when a dictator is in office.
Well, you can definitely say that if Biden go gets supporters to raid the capital.
My point being, most of what he is putting as executive orders does make sense. A lot of shit Trump did was actively hurting the united states, hell, fauci essentially confirmed that Trump was forcing him to keep his lips zipped.
Now if it goes helps corporations, fuck him.

Last edited by ,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I, telling people they will receive money if a certain candidate wins is the exact definition of buying votes. View attachment 244733 View attachment 244733 View attachment 244735
What Biden and the Democrats isn't buying votes. They're not paying people on exchange for votes. They're giving the stimulus money to everyone.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

fair point, he did say 2,000. not some other number, or stating it was supposed to be added up.

eh no. People do actually need the money, and trump pulled a similar stunt, I'll try to pull it up when I can. How I see it is Biden is trying to be what he is. a centrist. the "left" in america isn't democrats. By that I mean, trying to please the fucking corporations like trump was, except with more sugar ontop.
Both parties subscribe to the idea of liberalism.

So... this is thrown out a lot.
There's a stark contrast of rhetoric between them. Trump had stated that he wished the press was killed in the past, and any people that disagreed him (john boltons book)
that is authoritarian, and it does follow in fascism general footsteps.
Biden is essentially undoing a lot of the shit trump done (which nearly every single thing is in arguably bad. I mean ffs, he (trump) made it legal for people to accept lobbying in positions that previously had rules stating they couldn't)
It doesn't mean Biden is good.
He has a lot of dirt (war criminal. just like the last couple of presidents)

Well, you can definitely say that if Biden go gets supporters to raid the capital.
My point being, most of what he is putting as executive orders does make sense. A lot of shit Trump did was actively hurting the united states, hell, fauci essentially confirmed that Trump was forcing him to keep his lips zipped.
Now if it goes helps corporations, fuck him.
He promise was $2,000 instead of $600. That's what it always was. $2,000 minus $600 is $1,400.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Biden and the Democrats isn't buying votes. They're not paying people on exchange for votes. They're giving the stimulus money to everyone.
It was a monetary promise made on the grounds of democrats winning an election in Georgia exactly what is was and exact definition of vote buying. It makes no difference if they intend to give 1 person or 100 million people money it is what it is and should be treated as such.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as you said, important distinction!
buying votes: you vote for me, I win and YOU get money
not buying votes: you vote for me, I win and EVERYONE gets money
It was a monetary promise made on the grounds of democrats winning an election in Georgia exactly what is was and exact definition of vote buying. It makes no difference if they intend to give 1 person or 100 million people money it is what it is and should be treated as such.
you're right, it doesn't matter how many get the money
but it does matter what the context is
in this case, it is not money exclusively for Democrats, exclusively for his voters or even for specific people
it is money for EVERYBODY
this is not vote buying, it's just "one of my promises is to give everyone some more money to help make it through this pandemic"
heck I'm pretty sure even the scumbags that stormed the Capitol are going to get the stimulus one way or another, so shut your trap about it being vote-buying

Last edited by Plasmaster09,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

He promise was $2,000 instead of $600. That's what it always was. $2,000 minus $600 is $1,400.
it depends on how strict you want to be on the matter. Like I said, he said 2,000. He didn't mention if it was supposed to be in tandom with the 600 or not. I do get that math.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends on how strict you want to be on the matter. Like I said, he said 2,000. He didn't mention if it was supposed to be in tandom with the 600 or not. I do get that math.
Lol he likes doing that math over and over to argue for his supreme leader. Part of bidens new cult lol. It shows when he flat out ignored the definition I posted and defended his leader. He can do no wrong. They gettin as bad as the what do u call them "trumpkins"

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p sure they did say 2000 total
and ngl it's kinda hilarious that they're simultaneously demanding for more money they were not promised, claiming they were promised said money and also claiming that said promise of money constituting vote buying and getting pissed about RECEIVING MONEY FROM A MAN THEY VOTED AGAINST WHO IS PROVIDING THE MONEY TO EVERYONE, PROVING IT IS NOT VOTE BUYING

Lol he likes doing that math over and over to argue for
his supreme leader. Part of bidens new cult lol. It shows when he flat out ignored the definition I posted and defended his leader. He can do no wrong. They gettin as bad as the what do u call them "trumpkins"
bruh you can't do basic math- 2000 - 600 = 1400
also please explain how biden's base constitutes a cult and trump's base, who viciously no-true-scotsmans and even violently threatens anyone that dare speak a word against him, DOESN'T

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole argument was "$600 is too low. It should be $2,000." We already got $600, which means there's $1,400 remaining.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p sure they did say 2000 total
and ngl it's kinda hilarious that they're simultaneously demanding for more money they were not promised, claiming they were promised said money and also claiming that said promise of money constituting vote buying and getting pissed about RECEIVING MONEY FROM A MAN THEY VOTED AGAINST WHO IS PROVIDING THE MONEY TO EVERYONE, PROVING IT IS NOT VOTE BUYING
He isn't providing it tax payers are....well actually future tax payers so your kids and grandkids are paying it. Don't think he is doing anything other than signing a piece of paper

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol he likes doing that math over and over to argue for his supreme leader. Part of bidens new cult lol. It shows when he flat out ignored the definition I posted and defended his leader. He can do no wrong. They gettin as bad as the what do u call them "trumpkins"
I think it should be $2,000 a month indefinitely. I disagree with it being $1,400. That being said, the promise was always "$2,000 instead of $600," so there is $1,400 remaining.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He isn't providing it tax payers are....well actually future tax payers so your kids and grandkids are paying it. Don't think he is doing anything other than signing a piece of paper
so first you're complaining he's not giving you enough money
then you're complaining that the money he is giving to everyone regardless of political affiliation constitutes vote buying
and now you're complaining that he, a government official who is supposed to keep his personal shit out of the government, is not giving you said money OUT OF POCKET
I think it should be $2,000 a month indefinitely. I disagree with it being $1,400. That being said, the promise was always "$2,000 instead of $600," so there is $1,400 remaining.
exactly
we all WANT the extra money, but he's giving us what he promised and 2000 - 600 = 1400 is what he promised

Reactions: AncientBoi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn