JNUSTool - NUSGrabber and CDecrypt combined!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Maschell, Feb 1, 2016.

1. asboy

asboy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2007
    United States
    How can I get VC games on this?

Last edited by asboy, Feb 7, 2017
  2. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    As far as JNUSTool goes, VC games are the same as any other. What titleID are you trying to download, what command from the first post did you try, and what errors did you get?

3. raphzthename

raphzthename Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2007
    United States
    Amazing tool and really well written guide.

A couple quick questions:
    1. Will this always download the latest version of the game with updates?
    2. Is there a way to tell what version was downloaded if I didn't specify a specific version?

4. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    No, it won't download any update with the game. Updates are a different titleID (they start with 0005000e), so you have to download the game and update independently.

When you download an update titleID, you'll get the latest if you don't specify. If you need to know what the latest version of an update is, just run java -jar jnustool.jar (or double-click the jar) and let the gui come up. That also refreshes jnustool's updatetitles.csv

If you need to find out the update version of an encrypted update that you've already downloaded (but still have in its tmp_0005000exxxxxxxx subfolder), just run java -jar jnustool.jar 0005000exxxxxxxx -file meta/meta.xml, then look in the newly created gamename/updates subdirectory. That's a roundabout way to do it, but better than nothing. Perhaps @Maschell could add that version to the information that jnustool already displays. (there's already a Version there, but it's not what you're looking for.)

raphzthename likes this.
  5. raphzthename

raphzthename Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2007
    United States
    Brilliant! Worked perfectly.

One last question: would this command work if the only thing I have in my update directory is the title.tik file? I'm basically trying to figure out how I would determine whether there's a new update without having to download all of the files again.

6. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you're seeking updates, they'll have their own title.tik. To answer your question though, jnustool will only download what it needs in order to get the meta.xml. Run the command on any update title, and you'll either get the xml in a vNNN directory, or an error resulting from not being able to find an update.

I think you're better off running the command with no parameters to update the updatetitles.csv, then you can use that to compare to what you have. I guess you could do something silly like get the meta.xml for the 0005000e version of every 00050000 title you have, then pull up a directory list by creation date and see which new vNNN directories showed up. That would tell you which ones you have to go back and get the whole update for.

raphzthename likes this.
  7. Femorsp

Femorsp Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Brazil
    Is the software still working ?
    For me is not downloading.

8. Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Link'sSpiritualAwakening Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    Here's my mini guide I made for myself for Loadiine gaming. Edit the config file with wordpad to put in the common key. Run the GUI once to get the latest updatetitles.csv:
    -
    lookup title id, ticket on site

open command line in folder (ctrl+shift right click), type

java -jar JNUSTOOL.jar titleid ticket
    -
    Downloading updates is the same but there will be an E in the middle of the titleid, before the dash, and can be done more easily with the JNUSTool GUI. DLC has a C in the middle of the titleid. I'm using a modded loadiine that allows DLC apparently (filename: "a.loadiie_gx2.rar", even though loadiine is misspelled it works).

As you might guess I didn't have a large USB drive handy which is why I was using this and Loadiine. Also its less trouble if you're playing offline games because you dont have to use wupinstaller. But Loadine has long loading times for larger games...

After using JNUSTool for a few days I can't say I recommend it for downloading large files, the 'on the fly decryption' will slow down the process enormously if you are not using an SSD. For encrypted files and USB/online you could use utikdownloadhelper. If you wish to use Loadiine for large files I recommend downloading encrypted files with utikdownloadhelper and then decrypting them using this program or Cdecrypt, it will be much faster.

Note: I haven't been able to get any of these NUS downloading programs to work for the latest Zelda main game files. You should seek another source.

Last edited by Link'sSpiritualAwakening, Mar 22, 2017
  9. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    It works fine. What are the messages you're seeing in the console? (don't show Encrypted Key or Decrypted Key lines)

10. RowanDDR

RowanDDR SNES Lover

Apr 13, 2006
    London
    This doesn't seem to run here in Windows 10, when I double click it. Via the command line it is responsive, but when I try to download the Zelda v33 update (2GB) it instantly says it has "finished", with only an empty folder created. Any help greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Instead of getting this to work, I used uTikDownloadHelper to download the encrypted update, then used CDecrypt to decrypt the files (for Loadiine). I guess thats the same thing.

Last edited by RowanDDR, Mar 14, 2017
  11. Traace

Traace Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2016
    Germany
    "Could not find the main class: de.mas.jnustool.Starter. Programm will exit"
    Anything we could do there?

I'm running the current 64-bit Java 8, paths are set too.

12. Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Link'sSpiritualAwakening Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    My post above has alternatives in it if you can't get this program to work. If you just want to download an update for a Loadiine game follow the command line section of my post.

13. kugutsumin

kugutsumin Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    United States
    Botw update doesn't appear on list, seems to be a common problem - suggestions?

14. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    "The" starts with a T. Is that where you're looking?

15. kugutsumin

kugutsumin Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    United States
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by kugutsumin, Mar 25, 2017
  16. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Are you running version 0.3b or above? Please run it from a command prompt so you can see the console messages. Copy/Paste the command you're using (should be java -jar jnustools.jar) and the output so we can tell what's happening when it tries to pull the update list.

Edit: So you know I'm not sending you on a goose chase... [​IMG]

Last edited by nexusmtz, Mar 25, 2017 - Reason: Add screensnip
  17. kugutsumin

kugutsumin Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    United States
    [​IMG] I get a crapload of these errors.

18. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Looks like exactly what you get if you have the wrong common key in c:\cemu\jnustool\config. Can you double check that? (starts with D7, but don't mention the rest here)

kugutsumin likes this.
  19. kugutsumin

kugutsumin Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    United States
    yeah mine doesn't start with d7, cuz I just used the one mentioned in the first post since I don't know what it is or where to find another. mine starts with EE.

edit: Yeah ok a simple google search yielded what I needed. I got it now, thanks.

Last edited by kugutsumin, Mar 25, 2017
    nexusmtz likes this.
  20. puss2puss

puss2puss ♻ThinkGreen♻

Dec 18, 2013
    Canada
    Can it download system updates if i have the right id?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted