Newcomer
Trophies
Website
grajpopolsku.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Hey guys!
I've been working on TWEWY translation, but since we (me and my "team":) want to make it as well as possible, I'd like to ask if any of you have the game's japanese script.
It is Polish translation, and I only have English text. Playing Japanese game and translating is not the best idea, trust me.
If anyone can help me, or deliver .txt with what I've been looking for, I'd really appreciate it. You can simply PM me^^

Thanks in advance!

Norek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
grajpopolsku.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Theoretically it would be easier, however I've noticed lots of small differences while playing both versions.
When I translated First day into Polish, and got my hands on Japanese game, I changed about 95% of my translation (all changes were really small though).
And it wouldn't be the first time for me to use both English and Japanese script for my project (as in Polish Okami, FFIV, Tales of Phantasia for my friend, etc.)

As Kiekoes mentioned, that would be the "Subarashiki Kono Sekai" and its text I am looking for.
Thanks for replies^^

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think there was a team translating wonderful world in english before it's announced and released outside of japan.
Maybe that team still have the script files.

Or maybe it was only a tool to edit/inject the text into the game ? but it showed japanese and english at the same time, as much as I remember.

I can try looking for the old thread here.

edit : here it is : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=62038
Maybe it will help you, as it lists all the game messages.
The editor doesn't seems to be available online, maybe you can send a PM to the author.

He said that the game format was very easy (he made the editor in 12h), maybe you could create your own tools to extract all the script in a big file.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
phoenixgoddess27 said:
I think it'd be MUCH easier to do it from the English script.

Depends of the person, if his team knows more japanese than english it would be easier to translate japanese for them.

OP: You can always extract it yourself if nobody helps you, I assume you have at least 1 romhacker in your team, The japanese version is called "Subarashiki Kono Sekai" just in case you didn't knew.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uzumakijl said:
Depends of the person, if his team knows more japanese than english it would be easier to translate japanese for them.

OP: You can always extract it yourself if nobody helps you, I assume you have at least 1 romhacker in your team, The japanese version is called "Subarashiki Kono Sekai" just in case you didn't knew.

You're right, but I don't quite know if he does know Japanese, he said playing it in Japanese and translating it is not the best idea.

Norek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
grajpopolsku.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Cyan, thanks for the link, I will check everything there.

Sorry for being imprecise before - I've been studying Japanese (5th year now), so this language is not a problem^^
What I meant (playing and translating) was that:
we have English text (yes, we have romhacker in our team - actually it's him and me, I am only doing translation, and he does translation + romhacking:);
I've been working on this text (did the first day like I mentioned);
after that I started playing Japanese game, and stared correcting my previous translation done on the English text;
when I got to the second day, it was difficult to locate the same text in the file (English), that I had on the screen (Japanese).

That's why it would be good to have both scripts extracted from the game, as what I have now is .txt with all dialogs "marked" with strings:

Interesting...
His kind can't
be scanned?{END}

So having Japanese script with strings as well would make translating much easier. I would be able to locate Japanese text (seen on the screen) in the Japanese file, and then change the text in the English file (we've been working on the US version of the game).

Actually script editor is not necessary, as I mentioned I only need the Japanese script (sorry for repeating words like "Japanese" and "script" :D), since everything else is done (and I've already played the game with my translation of the first day and everything works very well:).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +2