ROM Hack It's a Wonderful World

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On my recent trip to Japan there was heavy advertising on this game, so when it was finally released in Japan I was hopeful for a localisation in the US, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like there are any plans for a stateside release at the moment, so I thought I'd give this game a shot considering it's already being hacked into Thai.

Conviniently there's a full english VWF, and a european character set too, making translation extremely easy, so I've spent the past 12 hours finishing up a script editor to regenerate the script files to overcome any size limitations.

Here's some shots of my excite.co.jp'd progress on the intro, unfortunately the game doesn't play that nice with No$GBA so phone camera shots will have to do:

0310071958bz6.jpg
0310071959qv0.jpg

0310072000ky1.jpg
0310072001jo5.jpg

0310072002pl1.jpg

and finally a shot of my script editor:

iawwscriptdk7.png

If anyone wants to help with translation that'd be awesome.

I've just got to tackle how these graphics are stored now since there's quite a lot of text stored that way.

As a side note I highly reccomend listening to the soundtrack for this game, as it has some great music, especially for the battle sequences.

[EDIT]

The link to the patcher and a copy of the babelfish patch is here:
http://files.filefront.com/Graftrar/;9240374;/fileinfo.html

[EDIT2]

This project is now closed, for reasons why and the final patch, the download link is below:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bvwes6

A new version of the patcher is available here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t804c7

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that's awesome. I was really hoping this would get a stateside release just for the sake of playing this game, but it doesn't seem like it. Hopefully your progress will help create a full translation of the game. I can't wait! Good luck
biggrin.gif

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Im 100% behind you, I like to play the japanese one, and the story seems intersting so i decided to wait see if there would be an english version or a translation.

I would like to help, but I got no skills in that area =(

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with this project. I don't see myself useful since I only know Spanish and English but if you need some translated sentences corrected then I'll lend in.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
omg i'v never heard of that game it kinda looks like sora (from KH) with headphones and an oversized hoodie

what is it about anyway and what kinda game is it?

A

Azngamer15

youre the goddamn man, u should try uploading the text online like one of those wikis or something like jump ultimate stars, cept, this wont be as bad to translate, considering, jump ultimate starts was, well, jump ultimate stars....

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll be releasing the hacking information on a wiki, but the translation will be restricted to a patch, unless someone else feels like manually adding over 24,000 messages into a wiki?
tongue.gif

If anyone knows a good translator that'd be great, I can only go so far with a web translation.

xflash it's nothing like KH, although it has Nomura's art style so you can definately see his input in this game. It's a pretty dark plot but I'm not gonna spoil anything, it's really cool though. The battle system is great too, you control 2 battles at once, using the touch screen on the bottom and the control pad for the top screen, so it's pretty fast paced.

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be releasing the hacking information on a wiki, but the translation will be restricted to a patch, unless someone else feels like manually adding over 24,000 messages into a wiki?
tongue.gif

If anyone knows a good translator that'd be great, I can only go so far with a web translation.

xflash it's nothing like KH, although it has Nomura's art style so you can definately see his input in this game. It's a pretty dark plot but I'm not gonna spoil anything, it's really cool though. The battle system is great too, you control 2 battles at once, using the touch screen on the bottom and the control pad for the top screen, so it's pretty fast paced.
I'm on board to help anyway I possibly can, I know a bit of japanese, and I have a friend is about 85% fluent in it (he's the one teaching me) So I'll give him a call. ^__^

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Now you've convinced me I need to get a better flash card.

cry.gif

I really can't help though, I'm no good at this kind of stuff, nor do I know Japanese.

I really want to play this game though, and I am in full support of this project succeeding.

... Even though I hope this game dosen't become a MOTHER 3 type situation... Unless they do end of releasing that in the US.

(Also, there are a few small signs of it being released here, but pretty much all of them are from Nintendo Power, as they did an article on it earlier this year, and they have it on their games in Development list, which also predicted the release of One Piece : Unlimited Adventure in America.)

EDIT: I also remembered Gamebrink has a translation guide up through chapter 8, even though it seems it only translates the main storyline text. And another thoguht provoked question, what is going to be done for the video portions, as in the opening when Neku is taking and such, How is that going to be translated, if it's going to be?

Link to said guide: CLICK HERE~

Cbajd5

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If you need some help with translating stuff - Try this
wink.gif

NEVER! and I mean NEVER Use babelfish for ANY translation!! >O<
And...why is that?

I've never had a problem translating english to spanish with it...
It's really not good to use, try putting a sentence in it and translating it though a couple of different languages and then back to English, you won't like what you see.

EDIT: Like this, I put in "THIS IS A SENTENCE." and went through 3 languages and back to English and got "THIS is a JUDGEMENT." It's too literal, and it really can't be trusted for long lines of text or large amounts of text.

the_ultimate_sam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif

I'm on board to help anyway I possibly can, I know a bit of japanese, and I have a friend is about 85% fluent in it (he's the one teaching me) So I'll give him a call. ^__^

...you are correct, that is something of an exhageration....

i know some japanese...but just enough to get by...i get whats being said, but not some of the finer aspects needed for a good translation...main thing is, my understanding of kanji is limited (of the 2500 you need to be litterate...im around 1-2 hundred...)

i'll help where i can, but im far from fluent
happy.gif

rmco2003

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That guide is really helpful, thanks. The parts where he's talking have text shown up on the top of the screen, when I figure out the graphics format then I'll just edit them in photoshop then put them back in.

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guide is really helpful, thanks. The parts where he's talking have text shown up on the top of the screen, when I figure out the graphics format then I'll just edit them in photoshop then put them back in.
I swear...you make me want your love children...Anyways, How is it progressing? and did you need any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: