Gaming Japanese PSN Account

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Im gonna be creating a japanese PSN account and I was wondering what kind of credit card they are accepting?
Or do I need one of those PSN Card i heard about. If so can I just buy any psn card? also is it rechargeable?

Thanks

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
If you have a VISA/Mastercard and use a japanese address you might be able to get away with it. Otherwise you would have to buy a japanese PSN card, and no they are not rechargable afaik. Like an iTunes gift card, it's just a single use code that'll give you $10/$20/$whatever.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've had my Japanese account for 5 years, but I don't have a credit card tied to the account. I just input the address for where I used to live in Japan, but I think it required a working Japanese cell phone e-mail address so it could send you the confirmation e-mail to activate the account. It was either that, or you needed to provide a Japanese credit card number. I'm not 100% sure anymore since I did it 5 years ago, but I do remember trying to set up my credit card on it and hitting a roadblock somewhere along the way. I just mail money orders to my friends in Japan and have them send me 5,000 yen PSN cards if I really want to download something.

Actually, I'm going to try to add a credit card to my Japanese account right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure about the credit cards, but you shouldn't need anything weird to use a Japanese PSN account. I have one myself (created it mostly because I was curious) and I don't know any Japanese at all. I just entered random symbols when it asked me for location and stuff, and the account is still working fine. I've only ever used it to download demos and some free stuff, though, so I'm not sure what'd happen if I actually tried to add PSN points to it.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@[member='anthony001']
Im gonna be creating a japanese PSN account and I was wondering what kind of credit card they are accepting?
Or do I need one of those PSN Card i heard about. If so can I just buy any psn card? also is it rechargeable?

Well damn, I don't know what I did wrong when I tried it 5 years ago, but I just added a US credit card to my Japanese PSN account successfully ^_^

As far as I can tell, they accept the usual credit cards as long as it's a valid card.

Here's an album I made to walk you through it:
Adding a Credit Card to a PSN Japan Account

Make sure you read the captions under each image for additional help and info.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
Any CC"s will work as long as your card supports VISA/MasterCard. Although you might contact your Bank's Hotline to temporarily open your account for international transaction (will last for 15minutes afaik)

also email address doenst need to be specifiically to be inside japan, as long as you have a valid email address, that will suffice, although you might want to fake everything under your contact address or something.

But still, buying PSN cards through playasia is much easier to do. Since playasia accepts any country, and they process your order fast depending on your location.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety