japanese kingston

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by esoterica, Jan 28, 2008.

Jan 28, 2008

japanese kingston by esoterica at 5:51 AM (841 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. esoterica
    OP

Member esoterica GBAtemp Regular

United States
    does anyone know if module SDC/2GB is a Japanese Kingston or not? I'm about to order one off a website for my R4 but I wanted to get a Japanese one. Thanks.

2. Kiljaeden

Member Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I'm pretty sure that is a Japanese Kingston. Identical to my Made In Japan one. I think they are all Made In Japan now.

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    SDC/2GB does not indicate the country of origin, only the fact that it's a 2GB miscroSD card. The Japanese and Taiwanese cards both have that part number.

I've also heard that the 2GB Kingston microSD cards are all made in Japan now, but it could just be a rumor.

4. esoterica
    OP

Member esoterica GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well I sure hope so! The only way I'll know is by recieving my card?? The Japanese Kingston is the best memory card for R4 is it not??

5. Kingwad

Newcomer Kingwad Advanced Member

Canada
    I wouldn't say the best, but I would say it is equal to the best. I've never had problems with my Japanese made PNY micro SD card. In general Japanesse cards are the best.

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    In terms of performance, the 1GB cards are better (not vastly better, just slightly better). The best are the ones manufactured by Toshiba (they are sold under many brand names, including Kingston). They have SD-C01G printed on the card, but that's not the part number that stores use so you can't tell from a store's product page which model you will get.

The Japanese Kingston 2GB cards are also manufactured by Toshiba, and they have SD-C02G printed on them.

7. Kingwad

Newcomer Kingwad Advanced Member

Canada
    Well I guess that explains my success with PNYs then They're Toshibas!

You can find a good number of microSDs on eBay, and a lot of them have pictures of the card to show they're japanese, so you could look for SD-C0xG on them too...