Gaming Japanese games that you are able to understand....

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any good japanese games where they don't speak much in cutscenes or just easy to follow and fun to play even without an understanding for the language.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You can try Bleach VS Crusade. It's a fighter (similar to DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3) based on the Bleach anime. It's pretty easy to understand and if you watch Bleach its easy to follow.

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It it's coming here i can wait. I'm sure there is a great japanese game not here yet and not to hard to understand. i could even try to find a translated script online

sasho123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
X D D X said:
You can try Bleach VS Crusade. It's a fighter (similar to DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3) based on the Bleach anime. It's pretty easy to understand and if you watch Bleach its easy to follow.
Althought there is a USA version where most of the characters are sounded by a 50 year old man (seriously why don't they live the Japaneese voice, it just makes me go
wacko.gif
).

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
Are there any good japanese games where they don't speak much in cutscenes or just easy to follow and fun to play even without an understanding for the language.
most good games nowadays have cut scenes since this gives more life to the game...the story of the game. you should research more on fighting games because the story is really not important in those games, thus limited japanese dialogues also...like tatsunoko and the like.

unfortunately, most good japanese games are RPGs which involves multiple commands in japanese and numerous cut scenes and dialogues because of the story of the game.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wait, wait, wait, why oh why are you looking for some random Japanese game? I've seen people who asked for games that are GREAT, not because they're JAPANESE. People play games for enjoyment, not because they're Japanese! And besides, there are quite a number of great games out there that you CAN actually understand! I know a lot of people who play Japanese games, but they only play them because they're either really good and haven't seen a chance at localization or they can't wait any longer for the localization. Now tell me, why would you take a jab at some random game that could possibly waste your time or money? Do you see that only Japanese games are good? Why would you look for a game JUST BECAUSE IT'S JAPANESE!? Is it to satiate your weaboo desires? Is it to show off? And for the record, I also doubt that you're trying to practice your Japanese reading and writing skills.

/endrant

I hope I made my point.
tongue.gif

Health tip: Staying in your mother's basement surrounded by manga, anime DVDs and faulty 10-year-old CRT monitors is bad for your health.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mei-o said:
Wait, wait, wait, why oh why are you looking for some random Japanese game? I've seen people who asked for games that are GREAT, not because they're JAPANESE. People play games for enjoyment, not because they're Japanese! And besides, there are quite a number of great games out there that you CAN actually understand! I know a lot of people who play Japanese games, but they only play them because they're either really good and haven't seen a chance at localization or they can't wait any longer for the localization. Now tell me, why would you take a jab at some random game that could possibly waste your time or money? Do you see that only Japanese games are good? Why would you look for a game JUST BECAUSE IT'S JAPANESE!? Is it to satiate your weaboo desires? Is it to show off? And for the record, I also doubt that you're trying to practice your Japanese reading and writing skills.

/endrant

I hope I made my point.
tongue.gif

Health tip: Staying in your mother's basement surrounded by manga, anime DVDs and faulty 10-year-old CRT monitors is bad for your health.
Maybe he played al good english games and now he´s switching to the japanese ones!!!

rithsv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rithsv.net
XP
Country
Mei-o said:

/endrant

I hope I made my point.
tongue.gif

You've made an excellent point and those are my thoughts exactly
wink.gif
. You can just say a game is good because it's Japanese.
Any "non-Japanese" game with great gameplay, story or whatever makes you want to play it again and again can easily beat a Japanese title.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Megane said:
Play Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX 2.
there is an english version of naruto game so why does he need the japanese version? i think what he wants are games released only in japan which are really good and easy to understand even though the language is in jap.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
To the posters questioning why the OP is looking specifically for JP games:

I think the reason the OP is looking for Japanese games is for a different gaming experience. Sure, there are plenty of Japanese games that are not much different to games from other countries, but there are plenty of games that would only be the type of gaming experience you would get from Japan.

I go through phases of looking for Japanese films to watch. This is because I love the way they make their films, generally speaking it is very different to American film making or English films, or anywhere else for that matter.

A different culture provides a different experience. On the whole there is a more noticeable impact different cultures have on movies as opposed to games, but it still has an effect on some games.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hughjass said:
To the posters questioning why the OP is looking specifically for JP games:

I think the reason the OP is looking for Japanese games is for a different gaming experience. Sure, there are plenty of Japanese games that are not much different to games from other countries, but there are plenty of games that would only be the type of gaming experience you would get from Japan.

I go through phases of looking for Japanese films to watch. This is because I love the way they make their films, generally speaking it is very different to American film making or English films, or anywhere else for that matter.

A different culture provides a different experience. On the whole there is a more noticeable impact different cultures have on movies as opposed to games, but it still has an effect on some games.
But he could have asked for a game with a different experience, so I don't think that's it, seriously, I encounter these kinds of people a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)