Lordbarker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Another noob query I'm afraid!

I did plan on downgrading my Euro XL system, but having picked up a new model Japanese 3DS from a friend for a bargain, it seems sensible to install ReiNAND on this as it's on a lower system firmware already so no need to downgrade.

My query is - and this may sound stupid! - will I be able to install/use and /cia or are they region specific? Also I'll make a backup of my sysNAND, but could I technically replace it with a U.S/Euro one? Or can I only do this on the EmuNAND?

Thanks all!

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can region change your emunand or use free multi patcher to run out-of region cia on it. If you region change your emunand you will not be able to use the eshop on it.

Also, this should be in the flash card and custom firmware forum.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Also, this should be in the flash card and custom firmware forum."
Apologies, and thanks.
cia's are region free on cfw, im running rhytmn heaven jap version on my euro o3ds as well as jap hyrule warriors, the other 40 I have installed are us versions

Last edited by yusuo,

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cia's are region free on cfw, im running rhytmn heaven jap version on my euro o3ds as well as jap hyrule warriors, the other 40 I have installed are us versions

No, not true. Only cias that are region free can show up on any cfw other than rxtools. You can run freemultipatcher for out of region cias or make your own region free ones to install.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, not true. Only cias that are region free can show up on any cfw other than rxtools. You can run freemultipatcher for out of region cias or make your own region free ones to install.
That would be why, I use rxtools. Wasn't aware this wasn't the case for all the others, learn something new every day

Lordbarker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How would I go about making my own region free files? And assume my UK carts won't work on the Japanese system even through EmuNand?

Last edited by Lordbarker,

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about making my own region free files? And assume my UK carts won't work on the Japanese system even through EmuNand?

You can use Riku's Simple CIA Converter to make your own cias with a dumped game.3ds

As for any out of region carts, you'd need to run freemultipatcher unless you're running rxtools. I'm not 100% sure about this since I don't use emunand personally but I think carts behave the same as cias do on a signature patched CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo